Orions 2

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Vernimator, Nov 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    instant buy...because not only the first game was alot of fun...but also this type of games" card games" is the only type of games which is sooooo deficient in the app store!!

2. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    hmm i just checked out their website.. and the new "orions" .. is nothing new at all..

orions 2 is what customers of orions waited for years now.. thoose are the addons for orions1 put into a "new" game and slapping a "2" onto it..

http://pocketmoregames.com/orions_addon2.htm

there it is.. the scond addon that was never released for iphone only for ppc

and here the first addon

http://pocketmoregames.com/orions_addon1.htm

who knows what of thoose content is going into the "new" orions 2..

this is actualy sad.. i already paid for orions in the first place.. i would not mind to pay for more cards and features.. but i do mind to pay for bugfixes..

there are so many bugs in orions in the hole gui etc.

so if orions2 sells the same way as orions1 we will not see any updates to it at all.. great prospect..

3. NagaRoyalGuard

NagaRoyalGuard Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    #23 NagaRoyalGuard, Nov 14, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
    I think I could write a 3000 word essay about how happy I am about this, but I'll just keep it to one word: FINALLY!

Edit: Added a video with the game running on PPC. It isn't much, but it shows how Draft mode and Custom decks work.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STi-DSsAG4Q

4. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Yes, and it's people like you who support devs who doesn't care in the end but can go on with their behaviour, because there are fools giving them their bucks for apps which they've already bought.

5. olliewollie

olliewollie Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    I think if a game is a complete overhaul of the original then it's ok. What EA does is bad though :(. Sim City Delux :(

6. NagaRoyalGuard

Jun 14, 2009
    What a sad pathetic life you must lead.

All right, you be a hero and deprieve the developer from your oh-so-precious 5 bucks while we're having a blast playing through all the new content.

7. stormx

stormx Active Member

Oct 6, 2009
    How will it work ? Coz if we already own Orions 1... Orions 2 will be a package with cards from orions 1 and 2 ?.. So orions 1 is gonna be useless... ? Have they planned on doing like a DLC game, like an expansion ? It would be better .. Someone has any idea ?

8. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #28 Vovin, Nov 14, 2010

Well, I don't see what this has to do with my life and why it should be so sad.
    My life's just great, so nevermind... ;)

In case of this dev: do you like being lied to?
    Do you visit shops or restaurants again when you we're not treated good there before? Guess not. This thing isn't different.
    I don't even care about 5 bucks, or 10.
    And I'm not the only one criticising the devs behaviour, in case you've read the whole thread.

Why should I even care? Soon, there will be card games like Shadow Era, Runemasters and others - good games from devs who actually care, not like the Orions devs, who left you sitting on a bug-ridden, unsupported game that Orions is.

BTW - which new content? A few new cards and the rest is all the same?
    Wake up, Buddy.

9. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Kind of what we were saying earlier in the thread. This "new" game is what was the promised "update" and "expansion" of the horribly neglected first game.

Pay again and get abandoned again? No thanks.

10. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    #30 New England Gamer, Nov 14, 2010
    There are actually a bunch of us that feel the same way, so I guess we all must be sad and pathetic?

But what you call sad and pathetic we call smart and wise. While you shell out 5 dollars for the "new" game which is really the promised update of countless months ago, we will spend the 5 dollars on something new and different and worthy of our 5 dollars. (Hmm Shadow Era maybe? By a well respected developer that actually listens to the public?) Sorry, don't come in here all fanboyish and expect us to just agree with you when we were burned before.

Dev would have done better by being upfront, admitting that they didn't have a successful game (oh wait they did) and that they could not afford a free update (let alone fix the BUGS that make it unplayable at times - at the very least unenjoyable ALL the time) but perhaps DLC for expansion packs. Instead they chose to ignore the public and think by releasing a new game we won't get the connection. Seriously?

Will Orions 2 sell? Of course, but only to people like you. Us sad and pathetic folks will be playing new exciting bug free titles.

Oh yeah - did you happen to read the post directly above yours? Pretty good synopsis of a whole slew of people.

11. NagaRoyalGuard

Jun 14, 2009
    #31 NagaRoyalGuard, Nov 14, 2010
    @Vovin

I agree about the comment about your life, it was under the impulse of the moment and doesn't make much sense in the context now that the moment is over. It was cheap and childish of me, I appologize about that.

And... yeah, there is a lot of new content. They add both expansions from PPC, which means something like 75 cards (effectively doubling the current amount of cards). They said they are going to revamp the Campaing, which is another big bonus in my book. And the addition of Costum decks and the Draft mode will increase the replayability of the game by an enormous amount. Whatever you say, you can't say that there won't be a lot of new content.

And your restaurant analogy actually makes perfect sense. I'll translate it from my viewpoint:
    I am looking for good food in a restaurant. If it comes with good service and nice staff, all the better, but the food is what interests me first and foremost. If the food is good, I'll be happy, and there isn't much the staff at the restaurant can do to stop me enjoying my food. Yes, I will deffinitely go back to the restaurant where I was treated badly, if I really loved the food.

Hope you understand my point of view now better.

Edit:
    @ New England Gamer:
    I see here you're coming from and I agree that the treatment of the developer was lacking at best. I am from a small city where you can count on your fingers the number of people who even know what a TCG is, so my posibilities of playing one are low to none. So when I discovered Orions, I finally had a TCG I could play with my friends, and play we did! However, no matter how fun a game is, without new content, sooner or later it gets old. Trust me, I waited as much and was as frustrated as anyone with the hollow promises the dev gave us for years.

I hope you understand why, in this case, when I'm offered a finger I won't complain about it not being the full hand I deserve, but be grateful for the fact that I'm offered something.

As a sidenote, I wouldn't place too much hope on Shado Era. It's gameplay is pretty shallow and unexciting, at least in the current beta version, so a lot might still change (hopefully). I am as anxious as anyone to hear more about Duels of the Runemasters.

12. stormx

stormx Active Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Waouu !! NagaRoyalGuard , are you sure that they gonnay add both card expansions ? Did they tell you ? So basically, it will be a mix between the first , Deckmaster and the Second Age ? (75 cards + 72) It would be awesome !

StoRmX_42

13. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    Yes!

I actually played Orions last night before I read this news and was thinking "if only they would finally release Orions 2....."

OMG!

Am looking forward to this so much and will buy as soon as it appears on iTunes.

Thanks you developers and I will be buying Second Age as soon as you do that one too.

:):):):):):):):):)

Re negative comments about support: if they have taken the time and effort to release Orions 2, it is logical to expect full support.

14. NagaRoyalGuard

Jun 14, 2009
    They didn't tell me, but I am 95% sure it's 2 expansions in one, since I know all Second Age cards and many cards shown on the first post aren't from there. Also, they add Custom decks and Draft mode, which on PPC were added only when Deckmasters came out, fact which only reinforces my belief that we'll get both expansions at the same time.

15. stormx

stormx Active Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Thumb up :D

16. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    I didnt play the first one but was interested. With the new game coming out of course I'll buy it AFTER i make sure there's no critical bugs. I'm ok with devs not updating their games. After all when you buy something like a console game, its not always updated right? Just as long as its playable at the very least. But again, this is just me. As much as Shadow Era intrigued me at first, I played through the beta and it looks great, this card game just behaves and plays differently. So i want to play it too. That's all

17. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    I was interested..but after reading the comments I got doubtful of the new game..because I agree with vovin and new england gamer about the dev part..I didn't knew he was like that ! I will be so careful if I ever made this purchase..

18. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #38 Vovin, Nov 15, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2010

Naga, yes, I can - thanks for your thoughtful answer. This is a level where I like to discuss. See, I have no bad feelings toward you, my anger was directed to the devs alone.

This is my story: back then, with my old HTC Touch, I bought Orions and the expansions and I loved the game. With The Quest, this was easily my favourite game on my HTC Touch and I played it for dozens and dozens of hours.

Then I got my first iPhone. Astonished by the hundreds and hundreds of games in the AppStore, with all these fantasic graphics and which I were browsing undecided but happily, I suddenly came across the card games section and found Orions. You can't imagine how happy I was.
    So, Orions was one of the first games I ever bought for the iPhone.

A few hours later, I was shocked. I bought just the original game, there were no expansions - instead, I was punished with a bug-ridden monster that Orions for the iPhone is. Eventually I joined TA and found threads about Orions, where we discussed the game, tried to talk to the devs and begged them to care for this game. All we got was kinda harsh and disappointing answers, we should stop "bombing" them with e-mails and lame excuses why they stopped supporting Orions. Back then, everyone's was sad because the devs didn't saw how much we loved that game. Instead, the devs lied about the future support, disappointing us more and more and finally after months, we decided to give up. You can read about all that in the past Orions threads.

I even took it as an insult, that the iPhone gamers just wanted casual games and weren't interested in complex games. There were a lot of successful, complex games. The people just refused to buy this low-quality product.

Now, I guess that the devs of Orions are seeing the major success of other card and board games and decided to give Orions another chance. But this isn't the way I like to be treated.

I understand that you try to defend the game you love, but the things I said are my opinions - and I have the same right as everyone here, to speak freely about it.

I hope you'll understand me better now - I don't care about 5 bloody bucks, I just refuse to support them after the things they've done and said.

19. NagaRoyalGuard

Jun 14, 2009
    @ Vovin
    I think I remember that the developer said on that thread that part of the reason why they didn't add the expansions was that the engine was hard to work with or something on the lines of that. I sincerely hope that them creating a new game instead of expanding on the existing one is because they completely recreated the engine in order to be easier to work with and it's not just a cheap trick to milk money from fans.
    Also, although I'm not sure if it's true or not, but if they really intend to continously update the game, adding content beyond what was added for the PPC version, then I think it's worth giving them another chance ;)

On a completely unrelated note, I found a site where all Second Age cards are listed, for the curious
    http://www.alienriddler.com/orions_card_list

20. masa76

masa76 Member

Nov 15, 2010
    looks really cool!