iPad Orions 2 - (by Chillingo) +lite

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, May 18, 2011.

1. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    #81 Benegesserit, May 19, 2011
    Last edited: May 19, 2011
    Need card list. In Draft mode or creating a deck you can't tap the cards to get info (they just add to your deck if you tap). I remember the cards from the WinMo version but they've made changes and added a few cards since that version.

Wow Enslave is 4 Death more expensive this time! That's good because that card was obsenely undercosted in the WinMo version. On the flip side it only requires one free slot now.

Here is a card list from the OLD Deckmasters version of WinMo if you are interested:

http://rapidshare.com/files/140508782/OrionsCards.pdf

2. mojoman0

mojoman0 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2009
    Props to the ai design. Medium is tough now, although the cards are all new to me

3. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Questions:

What is the difference between O1and O2?apart from the new cards and the MP mode?

4. mojoman0

Mar 27, 2009
    New music, effects, new challenge game modes, deck drafting in sp, new black market in campaign. It's a very feature rich title

5. IzzyNobre

IzzyNobre Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    Finally got home from work. Buying O2 ASAP :D

6. IzzyNobre

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    Wait. Only random games on MP? That's a bit disappointing. Is it true?

7. mojoman0

Mar 27, 2009
    No you can invite people. All is good

8. gunslinger

gunslinger Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    what about ipad support?

9. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Never played the first one and hated Shadow Era, but this game has been a ton of fun so far. A TCG done right for sure. Hoping to actually put some time into this one and catch a few games online.

10. IzzyNobre

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    Won the first match against someone who was obviously a noob (didn't change their name from PLAYER1 and made some pretty dumb mistakes). Still, a victory is a victory! :D

11. Benegesserit

Mar 9, 2009
    They need to allow you to add the custom challenge modifiers to a duel. The world effect concept is pretty cool.

12. Shatner's hairpiece

Shatner's hairpiece Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2009
    I'm on the fence. It has hot seat. Clearly a big weakness in the design that will keep it from achieving true stardom.

Having bought the first one, not crazy about shelling out again for an 'update' that doesn't have an IPad version.

13. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

+1

I find the current screen orientation really annoying, since using headphones would interfere with holding the device. Flipping it around so the headphones stick in the top right feels far more natural.

14. n1k170n

n1k170n Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2011
    I'm playing Deckmasters since WinMo version and I'm a little bit disappointed. There are many cards missing.

There are no:
    - Absolute defence
    - Armageddon
    - Cover of darkness
    - Curse
    - Devil
    - Dryad
    - Earth elemental
    - Efreet
    - Firelord
    - Flaming arrow
    - Forest spirit
    - Gargoyle
    - Gods wrath
    - Ice bolt
    - Ice guard
    - Ice wizard
    - Life sacrifice
    - Paladin
    - Paralyze
    - Phoenix
    - Plague
    - Poison
    - Polymorph
    - Poseidon
    - Priest
    - Quicksands
    - Ritual flame
    - Sea justice
    - Spellbreaker
    - Titan
    - Total weakness
    - Unicorn
    - Vampire
    - Zombie

Pfffff.. Some of this cards was overpowered (for example Paladin, Forest spirit, so it's not a problem), but some of them was very useful (Unicorn, Vampire, etc..). Why are there no Titan? Or Dryad? Or Phoenix? In addition, some of OP cards are still in the deck (like Fairy or Elven archer).

And compared to the WinMo version there are only 4 new cards:
    Water: -
    Fire: Lava spider
    Air: -
    Earth: Megaworm, Moloch
    Life: -
    Death: Slug

So... -34 and +4.. Pfff..

15. Benegesserit

Mar 9, 2009
    #95 Benegesserit, May 19, 2011
    Moloch is pretty damn good though :) But yeah I agree they could have just balanced the other OP cards because that's what they did with some of the others that are still in. I really miss Hermit's level 5 instant kill ability but it gives life element now so I think it's better.

Archer isn't OP because it doesn't give Earth element anymore. Monk is still really strong. Same with Blind. And Python. Necromancer got a huge buff. Darklord is still really strong despite losing cast ability.

16. n1k170n

Mar 1, 2011
    I have played a dozen of duels.
    Let's see.. Force of nature is very OP!! When it was level 8 card it was ok, but for level 4 card it's really annoying.

Well.. in WinMo version you could just edit text file with cards infos and set any level for any card. I got rid of Enslave by setting level 20 for it :p
    But in iOS you can't edit game files, so..

And something more about Enslave. It still requires 2 free slots, it seems like it's a bug in the description.

BTW, Manticore is really OP now because of it's free cast. :confused:

17. Benegesserit

Mar 9, 2009
    Giant Spider seems to be bugged. I cast Giant Spider in response to opponent's Elven Archer and Giant Spider didn't get the attack boost.

18. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Sounds like the proper version to go on 4.x devices, I am in...

19. n1k170n

Mar 1, 2011
    #99 n1k170n, May 19, 2011
    It's not a bug, Giant Spidert gets +3 to attack only when its owner has Earth creatures on the field.

By the way, I think Rejuvenation is OP now, because you don't lose all of your Life elements, you lose only 6 of them, so you can use the spell several times in a row if you have for example 12 Life elements.

upd.: wow, GS's cast is now free too.. what the hell :) it's a cheat :)
    upd2.: Salamander's ability to increase attack for 2 doesn't work on Tentacles - bug or feature? :)

p.s. the game looks great on the iPad!!

20. Espekayen

Espekayen Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Does anyone know how many cards are in O2? I'm not talking about NEW cards; I'm wondering about the TOTAL number of cards. Is there somewhere where I can see a complete card list?