iPad Orions 2 - (by Chillingo) +lite

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, May 18, 2011.

1. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Yer heavily into assuming, I see ;) I wasn't the slightest bit worried (something the paragraph regarding how the problem would not affect me, 3G Unrestrictor and all, might have subtly hinted at ;) ). Just fascinated someone would release a game that is a splendid fit for weaker connections with WiFi requirements.

Hell, even if this particular dev is indeed far too clever to make that mistake other than in the app description ;), it still fascinates me that others would. An iOS MMO that requires a non-mobile connection...

It has been mentioned by beta testers, yes, but no definite word from the devs that it will be in the released version :) That said, it does sound very likely that you are all right. And if not, perhaps it can act as motivation for a few more to bend those jailbars wide open, and run for the freedom of the unlimited digital plains... ;)

2. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    Heh. You're about to find out....

(yes!)

3. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    The animations are stunning, amazing actually. In HD, they would be just As is, I'm happy they're there.

4. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    not universal ?????????????????? why!

5. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    Of course, of course (wrings hands together at the prospect of fresh meat....)....

6. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    O:LoW works/looks fine in 2x on iPad, O2 will as well.

7. yea not being universal is 95% guarantee I won't buy it due to the fact we never know if it'll become universal or if a separate ipad version will be released later. Too much money to burn trying to guess.

8. Vernimator

Vernimator Well-Known Member

May 26, 2009
    3D Artist, Mobile App Developer
    Charlotte Area, NC
    What he said...

9. Menneisyys

Menneisyys Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    #49 Menneisyys, May 18, 2011
    Last edited: May 18, 2011
    Frankly, i don't think there ever will be any kind of iPad support. Unless the iPhone version becomes a commercial sUccess, that is. The winmo version had the same problem; hope the iOS version will sell much better.

10. NagaRoyalGuard

NagaRoyalGuard Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    I wouldn't hold my breathe for an iPad version. Orions 1 looks just fine on my iPad, I can't see why O2 wouldn't.
    And, no matter what your economical condition, I wouldn't say 3$ are "a lot of money" to spend on a whim. Even in the extremely unlikely case that an HD version will be developed, it'd be a long time from now.

11. TheDukester

TheDukester Well-Known Member

You're seriously miscalculating here:

1. It is extremely unlikely that O2 will ever be built for the iPad. There's been absolutely no indication from anyone that such a thing is even in the talking stages.

2. Even if #1 turns out to be untrue — and, really, it won't — you'll be able to measure the time gap between today and the release of O2 on the iPad in years. That's years, plural. As in: it won't even be called the iPad then. We'll all be using some other cool iDevice.

12. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    I played the lite version from the Japanese store. Seems to play identical to the first. That being said, I'm definitely getting it. The new cards seem cool.

13. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I'm very interested in the concept of the draft vs the AI as it will mean having to create a deck on the fly and that the AI will not just be coming at me with the same old deck it always uses.

14. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    #54 stargazer513, May 18, 2011
    Last edited: May 18, 2011
    Sweet jesus I hope it shows up in the canadian store soon!

15. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Do you think Orions 1 will go on sale with the release of Orions 2? Or will it be left at a higher price than the sequel?

16. SupraKarma

SupraKarma Active Member

May 19, 2011
    As an avid Orions 1 player, i downloaded the mini version to try it out, and it doesn't work. Before you say blabla reset, memory issues. I've done it all, and it still doesn't go further than the chillingo splash screen.
    I'm on itouch 2g, 3.0 firmware. Minimum requirements, but still, doesn't work.

A shame...

17. deadclown

deadclown Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Wants it!!!

18. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    I'm on 3 and a 2g works perfect for me, the lite that is, still waiting for full version to go up

19. RazvanGNR

RazvanGNR Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    has it been released in europe already? i cand find it in the appstore :| not even the lite version

20. SupraKarma

SupraKarma Active Member

May 19, 2011
    3.0? Damn, why doesn't it work for me? :mad:

The full version is up too. Just do a detailed search.