Original Game contest evolves into indie dev collaboration network...

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by draper3000, Jul 13, 2012.

1. draper3000

draper3000 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Video Editor and part time app designer...
    Staines, UK,
    Original Game Design Competition has evolved into an Indie Dev Collaboration Network.

www.totgb.com

I'm the indie developer (aka stormy studio) who ran the 4 previous original game design contests. Titled 'Think Outside The Box'. The last contest had over 40 game entries each made over 30 days.

The 4th contest was a great success with some impressive developer donated prizes, after a small 3 month delay as I completed my recent iOS title 'Audio Invaders'. I decided to improve the contest further, Initially the idea was simply to create an easy to use site to run future game design contests but it has evolved into a fully featured social network site for indie game developers using any game making software to hang out, share progress on games, form teams, collaborate and inspire original thinking. With an easy to use chat function plus simple sharing of images and videos the site seems to be doing well.

The site is called 'Think Outside The Game Box" and already has a growing number of users with groups setup for the different game making softwares currently available. Its only been running for 6 days now and we already have a growing following for users of Unity, GameSalad, Gideros, Corona, Stencyl and Cocos2D. With groups also ready for GameMaker, Construct 2 and 'PlayMaker with Unity'.

Please check it out at www.totgb.com or www.thinkoutsidethegamebox.com

2. draper3000

Mar 24, 2010
    Staines, UK,
    quick update...

The site is growing well, we now have 40 indie developers on board. With some decent indie developing blog topics being posted and discussed.

Thanks to anyone who has passed this along to fellow developers or headed over to take a look yourself.

Cheers

Jon aka stormystudio aka www.totgb.com

3. draper3000

Mar 24, 2010
    Staines, UK,
    WE now have over 40 indie developers on board with some great unique blog topics being shared.

We've also announced the the first official totgb contest. A contest with some great prizes (more coming every day) which we hope will inspire original thinking and cool developer blogs. Check it out on the site.

4. draper3000

Mar 24, 2010
    Staines, UK,
    69 Dude!!

• We're up to 69 members...

• The TOTGB5 contest has started, open to all...check it out here.

• We now have a solid userbase with members pretty much constantly online.

Its all going surprisingly well...