Universal Organ Trail: Director's Cut - (by The Men Who Wear Many Hats)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sladeums, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Pooter

Pooter Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    iTunes creates a backup of your data prior to update so it should be fine.

...but errors do happen and your data gets corrupted. :(

2. Sotoro

Sotoro Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    Great game so far. I hope that we'll see some content updates in the future. For example different cars and weapons with unique upgrages.

3. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Not saying it won't happen, but keep in mind this is a port, and they don't get new content nearly as often as originals. I just hope they get all the bugs taken care of. It's a great game but deserves not to be hampered by so very many bugs. I've stopped playing until an update goes through.

4. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Vote for your favorite GOTW !!!

[thread=119439][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=147998][​IMG][/thread] [thread=147843][​IMG][/thread] [thread=147497][​IMG][/thread] [thread=147500][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=147505][​IMG][/thread] [thread=147601][​IMG][/thread] [thread=147513][​IMG][/thread] [thread=147512][​IMG][/thread] [thread=147439][​IMG][/thread]

Click on above icons
    to discover more about the games!

[size=+3]ORGAN TRAIL: DIRECTOR'S CUT[/size]
    is one of the nominees for
    [size=+2]Touch Arcade Game of the Week
    08/08/2012
    [/size]

Do you like to travel westward in a station wagon, scavenge for supplies and fend off the undead?

[size=+3][thread=147630]VOTE HERE[/thread][/size]

Poll close
    08-15-2012 at 07:32 PM

- Devs cannot vote for their own games -​

5. Mobile_Doogie

Mobile_Doogie New Member

Jun 22, 2012
    I've had a blast with this one, though every time I see the words 'Boss Fight' on screen, I pucker up so tight I can't make any use of my trip to the porcelain throne.

6. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Please update the game for older devices... I dont mind the skipping soundtrack really, but i do mind that i cant even play the game (whenever I press the "tap to type" text it crashes).

AAAAAAAAAAAAnd can someone please tell me how I once managed to be Batman, and others were Flash, Aquaman, Superman etc. I believe thats some kind of an easter egg...

7. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    I just woke up and checked for updates on the AppStore. Then I saw there's a huge bug fix and game balance update out. Well, this made my day :D

8. jaaaws

jaaaws Active Member

Mar 28, 2011
    did the last update fix all those major issues? i wanted to buy this but i am hesitant to spend 2.99$ on a game that crashes every other minute und is full of bugs.

9. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Seems pretty comprehensive. Awesome response from the devs to early feedback, and I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Update notes:

10. iJoashFoo

iJoashFoo Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Singapore
    Any tips on how to start out? I always find myself stuck in the middle of nowhere with either a broken wagon or having no fuel.. :(

Not to mention the times where bandits grab one of your friends and that one shot is one I ALWAYS miss. Blimey.

11. aceyprime

aceyprime Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    I always go for lots of ammo (800 or 1000), lots of fuel (32+) and a pack of medkits. You can scavenge for food and trade for car parts. Keep trying to trade in cities early on so you get at least 1 of each car part as a spare.

For the bandit shot aim just a hair above your friend's head. You'll think you're going to hit your friend but you won't - usually. :)

12. iJoashFoo

iJoashFoo Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Singapore
    Cheers mate! :)

13. ktern

ktern Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Oh good. I messed that up three times in my first (and only) run through, hopefully I'll be able to get it now.

Although the first time, the guy had been bitten by a zombie and then got a broken leg and I'd already been considering putting him down, soooo...

(And yes, amazingly, these three things happened in quick succession. The fates just had it out for this dude.)

14. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Not sure if the devs are still reading this thread, but I found a bug. I bought the Carrier, which purpose is to hold fuel and it says: "Never lose a gas can." but my cans still get missing or spilled...

Also once when I was on half the path, the game suddenly crashed. And the names of the party members were:
    I AM ERROR
    if you read
    This then
    The game
    Broke

(or something like that). Very annoying.

But overall... This game is a masterpiece, I mean graphics, music and the gameplay! and is very addictive. I'm struggling now to beat the game on hard mode.

15. Times new roman

Times new roman New Member

Aug 23, 2012
    No music

I have a tech issue/question. When I launch the game there is no music nor when I start to play. I have tried removing the game and redownloading it but still have trouble.

16. johannaffendy

johannaffendy Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Malaysia
    I encountered this annoying bug where the game freezes during the first station wagon ride (after meeting Clements). Had to restart every time it happens :mad:

17. Dothgar

Dothgar New Member

Sep 3, 2012
    A great game. I love the retro feel and the subtle references to other zombie games. It's definitely one of my favorite games this year.

I do have a small complaint: when stopping at a town/landmark, I often accidentally hit the "BACK" button after using either the Party, Town, or Supplies menus out of habit that it would send me back to the main list, but instead it makes you leave town and continue on. Please at least ask for confirmation before leaving towns and landmarks. Better still would be to rename the button to something less misleading.

Thanks for the awesome work guys

18. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    #98 Primoz, Sep 25, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
    "Something interesting is happening by the road. Do you want to investigate it?"
    > yes

"Player xxx has found a kitten" - "Can I keep it?"
    > yes

"You collected 18 oz. of food."

Lmao... Best side mission ever. I love the cruel humor in this game.

And I want a harder mode... Something like super hardcore. Now I always manage to beat the game with all 5 of us alive (and none of them incapacitated). It gets too easy once you find the perfect way to do it.

Anyone needs any guides/tutorials for this?

19. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Epic bump for Epic upcoming updates! Lets hope they succeed with their campaign and we can all get those sweet updates (ALL of them - I WANT ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!)

20. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    We should get them why wait for people to get it online enough times for us to get something? We payed for it now give us forget green light, valve sucks anyway.