Universal Organ Trail: Director's Cut - (by The Men Who Wear Many Hats)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sladeums, Aug 9, 2012.

1. ibmurai

ibmurai Well-Known Member

Bought it. Crashes every time I resume on iOS 6... I hope the devs will get it ready before September 21st!
    Basically unplayable due to the constant crashing.

2. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    #62 Royce, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
    How do you rest to heal? Resting won't heal for me. I thought it was a preventative measure or something, to help disease resistance.

3. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    So I just started a new game, and right at the start, going to DC with the priest, we have a broken car. Since there is no repair option during the game intro, I'm just stuck. This is a fantastic game that has been done a great disservice by releasing too soon. It freezes and crashes (even during credits), sounds stutter, the UI goes out of whack sometimes (I get all empty, blank town type menus in other areas), and there are other various little bugs, like I have reported in my posts here, degrading the experience.

4. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    Only your party members heal, your main character can only be healed by med kits.

5. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    My party members do not heal either, only with medkits. Is this another bug? I noticed someone else asked why resting doesn't heal on like the 2nd page of the thread or so.

6. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    #66 SkyMuffin, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
    the scrap mechanic is totally broken :\ i've been stuck waiting for trades and spent 40 scrap to repair my broken car. no luck, even with 50-60% chance of success at a time. Even if it's an RNG issue, it is still a really bad mechanic in that it forces the player to grind by either waiting for trades or waiting on the obnoxious delay each time you attempt a 1 scrap/20% repair.

I want to like this game but it's bottlenecked me into a part that is just not fun in any way. This, alongside a really frustrating and boring shooting mechanic (especially on smaller screens), and lots of choppy audio and random pauses...makes it not worth the price in its current state.

7. drloony

drloony Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2012
    @ Royce, I had this problem at first also. When your on the Rest screen and you pick the amount of hours to rest. There are 2 buttons on the bottom, Rest & Done, hit Rest. It took me a bit to notice this, embarrassing

8. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Doh! Good call. Maybe the rest button should be center like the repair screen. Anyway the game is gonna be way easier now, maybe too easy? Medkits were my only real holdup. Guess I'll have to try it on hard.

SkyMuffin, I get tons of scrap scavenging. I have never gotten a successful repair for under 10 scrap, so I go max every time and then forage for more scrap when I run out. I would never bother trading for, or buying, scrap or food. It's just too easy to scavenge.

9. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    Same. Just use 10 scraps if you don't want to keep failing. I had over 300 scraps at one point.

10. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    #70 Royce, Aug 11, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
    Ninja muffler doesn't seem to work. I just got overrun sneaking and had it equipped. Also I have the chainsaw windows and the fight through option says "automatically" but the sneak option has never said that for me.

Edit: okay something weird is going on. I also have a nev-r-break battery installed and my battery just broke. This is getting to be more frustrating than it's worth I'm afraid.

11. dexter77

dexter77 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Simply wonderful...Best toilet pastime, i don't feel my legs now...:D

12. Boco

Boco Member

May 8, 2012
    Good idea. I'll do that.

13. Boco

Boco Member

May 8, 2012
    Good catch! Fixed for next build.

14. LostInBlue

LostInBlue Member

Aug 1, 2012
    After watching a gameplay vid on YouTube I grabbed this from the app store. The game crashes however every time I try and input my name at the start of the game. This is the first app to not work properly for me, and like most it was inexpensive so I guess it's not really a big deal, but hopefully the bug is fixed before I remove the app from my phone (iPhone 4, not jail broken or anything). The game looks great, I hope the devs are successful

15. johannaffendy

johannaffendy Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Malaysia
    Can hardly believe green blocky textures are giving me a hard time. It's so stressful playing this! :D

16. Boco

Boco Member

May 8, 2012
    Try updating your OS. That has worked for a lot of people. Let me know if that works for you.

17. Pooter

Pooter Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Ugh you know I dealt with the constant crashes and random crap but managed to make it to the safe haven only to get the worst possible time for a crash

3 survivors 40 bullets. Got 8 gas cans for generator. Game CRASHES. Gas cans back to zero. Low bullets and two survivors. Needless to say. I died and have to start all over. :mad:

End rant. Running latest Ios.

18. Boco

Boco Member

May 8, 2012
    Shit that's terrible! We worked really hard to make a robust save system to prevent shit like this. I think I know what happened... I can probably put a fix for that in the next update...

Thanks for letting me know!

19. LostInBlue

LostInBlue Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Does updating your iOS erase all your saved data for games and personal information with other apps? I got a warning that seemed to say this when I went to update my iPhones operating system through iTunes.

20. Pooter

Pooter Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    awesome :)

aside from the bugs, it was a nice blast from the past.