Universal Organ Trail: Director's Cut - (by The Men Who Wear Many Hats)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sladeums, Aug 9, 2012.

1. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    What's the uncompressed file size?

2. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Boco, will this run on 2nd gen iPods?

3. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    It's 79MB compressed. I wouldn't worry about that at all.

4. sabin1981

sabin1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Engineer
    Norway
    Outstanding work, guys! I loved your Flash game and was super happy that the Kickstarter succeeded :) I've decided to hold out for the PC version (I'm sorry!!) but then I'm all over this like a zombie on a blonde cheerleader :D Congratulations for everything... let's hope you make a killing :)D) off it!

5. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Ok thanks

6. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    My game crashed 4 times, the last one didn't even create a savefile so I'm unable to continue.

Using the latest iOS version with an iPhone 4.

7. thesmashingone

thesmashingone Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Right now, the game has some stability issues. The devs are promising a patch to fix the bugs.

8. Boco

Boco Member

May 8, 2012
    Honestly I don't know... We don't have one and didn't test on it. The store says iPod touch compatible... Anyone else know?

9. DestinStone

DestinStone New Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Anyone else crashing at the beginning of the game when asked to enter your name?? Any way to fix this problem?

10. xBTAx

xBTAx Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    I feel really dumb asking this, but is it just me, or... is it really hard to find what the current time is? Am I just misremembering it being more obvious in the flash version?

11. fabiovaldo

fabiovaldo New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Game Impressions

Great game, seems amazing so far...
    Just a bit laggy on my iPhone 4... Sometimes it freezes on the loading black screen and I'm tempted to press the touchscreen, hoping than maybe that would make the black screen go away... :p

12. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    #52 justln, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
    Ugh crash crash and more crashes. I even crashed in the closing credits. Sheesh.

Anyway, 3rd on the GC Leaderboards with 7668 points. First has 39 970 824 points while Second has 39 562 points.

Ammo is the most important resource IMO. I didn't put any points into tires, mufflers or batteries as they can be bought with money. Scavenging provides tons of food and scrapes but it requires ammo. I had 50 fuel at the beginning and 4k food.

So:
    Scavenge a lot.
    Farm for fuel.
    Tires, Mufflers, Batteries are a waste of resources to invest at the start.

There's a bug with the ammo where it can go into negative numbers.

13. aceyprime

aceyprime Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    A few resource-related bugs I found: I was told that I hit a bump on the road and a spare muffler flew out the window but no muffler was removed from my inventory. Moving along again a thief stole a spare muffler and again, no muffler removed from inventory. I had the option to trade a party member for cash, gasoline or food. I chose the cash but was given gasoline. (Don't judge me - I was desperate!) Really enjoying the game though - great work, devs!

14. Boco

Boco Member

May 8, 2012
    Try updating to the latest OS and let me know if that works for you. It's worked for a few people.

15. Boco

Boco Member

May 8, 2012
    It used to be on the main screen but now you have to pay attention to the sun/moon in the sky. If you stop the car you can also see the time on the supplies screen though.

Cheers!

16. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Yeah, I'm a bit wary because if iPhone 4 users are having crashing/lag issues, it's probably not likely it runs well on 2nd gens.

17. Music was skipping even on my 4s, simply playing with music off though, and no crashes for me. Fun game, enjoying the unholy reawakening of my fond childhood memories.

Gray Platter had to be put down (bitten and incapacitated) and Brainbait has dysentery. Dang.

18. drloony

drloony Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2012
    I was 3rd on leader boards before you justln, last night, as seen in thread on TA review, 5600 points on 1st play through, 25th now :/ Basically scavenging makes the game pretty easy, resting too at stops to heal squad. You just need eneough ammo
    Game did get buggy and skipping music, restarting the app helps I find

19. bacon-N-eggs

bacon-N-eggs Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Loving this game!!!

I want to read this thread, but afraid of any spoilers... So I'll wait untill I play a few more times through before I read it. :)

Just felt like saying, five stars on this one!!!

20. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    I didn't expect to get third since I was playing on Easy mode. The points calculation said I was playing on Medium and multiplied my score by 2? Weird.

Got around 5000 on my first playthrough on medium too. I eventually ran out of ammo and money so I couldn't scavenge. Ended up dying when my vehicle blew up.

Anyway, has anyone killed the zombie
    bear
    ? I managed to down the 2 zombie
    dogs
    but ran out of time trying to kill the zombie
    bear