Universal Order & Chaos - Universal MMO - Official TA Guild Jam Packed w/240 Players [v1.0.2]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Toad In The Hole, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Ngmoco doesn't label their Canadian betas as actual betas either, but there's no mistaking that's what they're doing. Both Eliminate and Touch Pets got significant tweaks before launching internationally. Seriously, cool your jets, wait for impressions and see how Gameloft proceeds from here.

2. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    All right Canadians...here's your to-do list:
    1) Dismount your moose.
    2) Slap a hard wrister from the blue line. Sneak it in through the 5 hole.
    3) Fry up some of your "bacon".
    4) Crack open an ice cold Labatt's. (as long as you are of legal Canadian drinking age...10-years-old and above only, please)
    5) Slap a Quebecois. Repeat.
    6) Download this game and give us some impressions. Please emphasize the role of IAP as this seems to have enraged us here to the south and overseas. I can't speak for the rest of the world, but for we southern neighbors, this can only lead to rampant eating of super-sized fatty meals, and random firing of our weapons that we purchased at drive thru gun huts. Nobody wants this.

3. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

#83 Eli, Apr 26, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
    Game just finished downloading, going through the terms of use and noticing some strange clauses, namely-

Terms of use also mention player vs player areas.

4. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    I do hope the game is balanced. That final fantasy clone they made had good visuals but the rpg system was completely broken.

5. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Probably a trial run to see how the servers hold and to check about subscription. Cant wait to hear any reviews, but I doubt I will get this one

6. MaximiliumM

MaximiliumM Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Order & Chaos looks awesome. But paying $7 just to try it out doesn't seem reasonable to me. I'd like to have a Free trial before paying for this :/

WoW gives us 10-day trial, so I think Gameloft could do the same. Not 10-day trial but 1-day or even 2 hours would be ok.

What do you think?

7. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

#87 killercow, Apr 26, 2011
    Game Impressions

Hey, i'm here with some impressions
    The game is not so bad graphically for an mmo with no loading at all in the first area. The quest are fairly basic for like most mmos with lots of gathering and killing, you can team up easily and form guilds, there's some pvp zones that have no level restriction. They're not arenas but entire zones apparently, haven't tried them though as i'm currently level 6. Death penalty kicks in at level 10 where you start to lose gold. Combat is dynamic but you'll have to organize your skill early because you will get a lot of them. Each class (warrior,monk,ranger,mage) has two talent trees that you can complete as you see fit with one talent point per level.

Areas are vast and beautiful with lots of quest and different mobs. The game is easy at the beggining but it gets harder afterwards as elite mobs appears. Leveling is spot on and there's a crafting system but it's further down and i can't access it yet. There's an auction house too. Mail systel, chest system, you can trade anything, mail objects and add money to them, you find epic chets in the wild ,there's a chat system and whispering etc...
    As for the iap there's two sorts:
    -gold that you can buy or obtain in game to buy things from vendors
    -runes that you cannot get in game. With it you can buy vanity things like pet but also temporary boost to a specific stat, experience rate boost (up to a 100 percent) or epic crafting component.

It definetly feels like a real mmo. Although the subscription is cheap i'm a little bit disapointed that there's also an iap currency. It remains to be seen what kind of effect it will have on pvp. Playing with a friend is, for now, a real blast. Also the fact that the app is universal is great and the game looks god on the ipad.

8. Meldor

Meldor Active Member

Nov 1, 2009
    #88 Meldor, Apr 26, 2011
    I am very, very disappointed there's an in-game item shop.
    I hate the "pay to win" games. I really hope the items you can buy for real money don't give you too big of an advantage over other players. Quality MMOs reward the players who are skilled, or at least those who invest a lot of time in the game, not those who want/can afford to spend a lot of real lifemoney. No wonder Blizzard has been chasing gold sellers forever.

I wouldn't paying a lot more for the montly fee, but please, no item shop...

9. porkchop

porkchop Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    What device you runing on???? does it run smooth no framerate problems??

10. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Yes, and every review noted how rare those are ;).

11. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Ipad 1st gen: no problem at all
    Ipod 4th gen: really smooth

12. porkchop

porkchop Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    how you think it will run on a 3rd gen touch i lil worried its gunna run like shit

13. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    runes are money only? wtf? That's why Runes of Magic got so out of balanced but at least that game was free 2 play.

14. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    First off thanks for the impressions!!

Now to business. I'm fine with all those rune purchasables except for the epic crafting components. Are they components you can't get any other way?

I'm looking forward to the game though. Hope beta testing doesn't take long!

15. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Quick Question... I buy gift cards only no debit card or Cc... I don't want that online...

Will they allow just guftcards for terms of purchase or is it only CC or debut card?

16. audioteknika

audioteknika Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Bad news : There's only 1 faction..
    So it doesn't matter if you're orc/human/undead or night elf !
    No inter-faction pvp.. That's a bit of a let down if you ask me.

17. Skarthi

Skarthi Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2011
    I get the feeling everyone here wants to join a guild? i think our best shot is the midnight guild, so how are we going to organise it? should elfche post his characters name here, on the TA forums and then anybody who wants to join states their TA username?

Or is the guild open to people outside TA aswell?

18. incineratee

incineratee Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    so whats up with the order or chaos deal ?

19. sushibox

sushibox Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    If you look way back in the thread on the Upcoming games section, Creepshow and I were discussing a TA members guild. Not that I want to step on the toes of the Midnight guild, but the two of us had been talking about it for some time, and I've been working on the guild site for weeks. If I can get someone that's already in-game to get a hold of Creepshow or Myself, I would really love to set something up.

I'm working on some extra content right now for the site, it's actually about done. Should have a valid and working link in about an hour or two.

20. Meldor

Meldor Active Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Oh that is quite a let down... I was hoping for some crazy world PvP...

That explains why we saw undeads and humans in a same group in the trailer I guess.