Universal Order & Chaos - Universal MMO - Official TA Guild Jam Packed w/240 Players [v1.0.2]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Toad In The Hole, Apr 26, 2011.

1. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    While I'm not holding my breath I did just get excited at that thought.

2. audioteknika

audioteknika Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    The scale of this game seems really impressive. It's a clear carbon-copy of WoW. Even if it's a clone, like all GL game, everything is really polished and it runs great on my iPad 2.

I think GL have a real contender for the best game ever created for iOS, content-wise. They really need to push it forward and the pricing seems aggressive for an MMPORG.

Good job Gameloft.

3. RowdyDinglebery

Apr 26, 2011
    Yep from my experience thats a sign that we could see it very soon if no tonight then tmrw.

4. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Not just one, but two different IAP game currencies (rune stones and gold) in addition to the subscription fee.

5. RowdyDinglebery

Apr 26, 2011
    As long as theres p2p trading for currency which I assume there is it won't be a problem. I like to work for my things in an mmo cause it saves me some cash lol

6. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the ratio of people who play normally to the people to would be willing to buy there way to the top isn't that great. I'm looking forward to the guild questing stuff with my friends and some people on here probably, so as long as they don't buy into it, it's not a huge deal.

Haven't followed this one too closely, so I'm not sure if there's some sort of leader board or ranking system. Seems to me like the IAP would defeat the purpose of buying a game you intend to play.

7. serotonina

serotonina Member

Oct 13, 2010
    What's the description of the items in the cash shop? Are they something like fashion items, crafting resources etc or?

8. blebhertz

blebhertz Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    I curious to see if the gameplay and control gui are any different between the ipad and the iphone

9. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    I'd love a shadow knight class... I love hybrids.. Everquest did it perfect. I love melee but not pure melee. I hate pure castor class's, to soft. I love DoTs and as a shadow knight you could tank plus have a pet, few small nukes, rebuffs, and doease based DoTs

10. eloquent

eloquent Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    how long has the rest of the world to wait for this? 2 weeks? more?

11. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    I'll assume the regular class's are here... Tank, healer, Mage, rogue... Any hybrids like Hunters? Pallys? Shadow knights? Bounty hunter? Enchanted? Any crowd control class? What class's are all in game?

12. reverse channel

reverse channel Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    Can anyone tell me if it's universal, or iPod only with upscaling?

13. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    What are the character classes available? Can any canadian player or anyone who has the game shed some light?

14. Xorren

Xorren Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Do people even know what the IAP will get you? How do you know that these things won't be normally attainable? Looks like people are freaking out for nothing at the moment.....

Person A: Is in school and can put in many hours each evening plus a ton of time on the weekends would have no problem spending the time getting high end gear without having to pay anything extra.

Person B: Works 40+ hours a week, has a family and chores to do at home, still wants to play the game but can only play 1 or 2 hours each day. They can pay for some of the gear since there's no way they can put in the time to get it.

Seems fair to me.

15. porkchop

porkchop Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Any impressions?????????

16. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    If you buy the game and want to try it out without anything extra it's going to cost you $7 / £3.99 for 3 months of gameplay if you stick about, nothing extra to pay until that 3 free months expires, you won't need to buy a monthly payment for the quite a while.

17. vibliribland

vibliribland Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Pocket legends have iap not only vanity but loot to, however the iap loot is nothing compared to the loot gained from questing.

I can imagine gameloft doing the same kind of thing here.

18. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I hope you are right. However, I believe Creepshow's scenario, where IAPs just make you better than you can possibly be without them regardless of time spent playing, is the more likely of the two. I'm not passing judgement obviously until there is more available information, but I've got a bad feeling about the IAPs. I think if they were simply shortcuts to stuff you can acquire through other means, or just vanity, etc. then the subscription fees would likely be higher, but I'm interested to get more details on this stuff.

19. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Guy seriously let's knock it off with all the speculation on the IAP system until more people start posting impressions on how it actually works and how it actually pertains to balance in the game. Most of you are just going crazy with the knee-jerk reactions.

20. Creepshow

Creepshow Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Not if IAP items (gems/crystals) aren't available any other way than IAP.
    From the screenshots, it definitely appears they're much more than vanity.
    If you can obtain any of the IAP items by grinding then my argument is mute
    for the player that has more time to play, but I doubt that.

Additionally, I looked at the description and no where does it say this is a BETA.
    Screenshot below.

Attached Files: