Universal ORC: Vengeance - (by Chillingo Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 25, 2012.

1. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Thanks for the quick response, Dan. Loving the game now that I'm past the bats and haven't crashed since. Don't know if there's any more bats further in the game or if there's other enemies that cause it to happen. Kind of strange that it's just the bats that seem to cause the isssue.

2. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    You just got my money.

3. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Let me add that it works incredibly well.
    Every dev should take notice and implement it like in this game.

4. WAV 80

WAV 80 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Wow! I'm really enjoying this!!! I'm playing with my iPhone 4 and it never crashed. Really loving it. I'm fine with everything even without the dpad. I just don't like the skill gestures. Kinda not accurate and I just tend to waste my vengeance when I use my skill facing the opposite direction of the enemy. Haha! And you don't need to use gestures to use potions. Drinking a potion isn't even a skill. Lol!

5. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Yeah, that's one other issue I don't really like. Having to map potions to gestures. To me, even though it is listed as a skill, you still have to use gold to get more "skill uses" for health, shield and vegeance potions. So it is a consumable IMO.

Think it would be better to be able to use them from your equipment menu or a separate button. Having to waste spaces for skills and then remember what gesture to use to use it is kind of a pain.

6. hey guys... First, we want to say thank you for buying the game! We hope you all really enjoy it. We had a lot of fun making it. Second, thanks for providing all the feedback so far. We're taking it all in and want to make sure everyone's experience is as enjoyable as possible.

For the few of you having problems with the bats, we are looking into what is causing this. To help locate it as soon as possible would you be so kind as to PM me with your device type, iOS version installed, and what your gore setting in the options menu is set to please?

I'll quickly mention that you can review the tutorials in the options screen if you need some help in the game. Additionally, you can also drag restore skills (potions) directly onto Rok from the skills menu if you don't want to equip them to a gesture slot.

regards,
    Andrew

7. GSJ1977

GSJ1977 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012
    Um, I just fell through the floor. It's very... orange...

8. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    This is great to know. I'd much rather keep the gesture slots for attacks. Way too easy to make a mistake and use a potion instead when you don't need it and be out of them when you do need it.

9. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    As the devs seems to read the thread, another thing that is imho improvable (BTW I finally died in the middle of Act 2...there is hope :) )

At the end of each section you can continue or go to the 'shop' (I know it's canon but having the shop inside the crypts is absurd, not this game fault tough).
    I find a bit 'strange' that when I have finished to sell things (I would love a SELL EVERYTHING NOT EQUIPPED BAR THE POTIONS button) I must return to main screen and then click on next quest...a continue button (as before the shop) imho would be better...it breaks a bit the suspension of disbilief (already mined by the shop thing).

10. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    This game is right up my alley! But will it work on my old iPad 1?

11. Hey Wizard_Mike! Yes, it will work well on your iPad 1 :)

Thanks for all of the excellent comments so far. As Andrew mentioned, we had a blast working on this game, and we are so happy and thankful to finally release it for you guys.

12. Defard

Defard Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    UK
    As an editor in chief you should know better.....shame on you

P.s I have 3k plus apps

13. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    #133 Ausar, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
    well a new option that would be great is to have customs swipes or gestures because the zipzap swipe i didn't like it at all the other 3 works perfect maybe that one need a little more tweaking or have a mini bar on the side where you can put 4 actions or skills

also a few screenshot for those still on the fence about this one

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Really good game, so far I'm enjoying it a lot, but I also think that the potions shouldn't be skills, and maybe gestures with 2 or more fingers.

15. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Great game so far but count me as one who wants A dpad. Pad with buttons for skills and this is much more enjoyable. Now I'm not saying the control scheme is bad, it does work, just not as well as a pad and buttons would for me.

16. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    !

Liking the game alot so far, def would love to see a d pad also though as an option. Another thing is I havent upgraded a single weapon or shield nor have I spent any points in stats yet. It seems a tad to easy so far and all I have been doing is equipping dropped loot that seems better than mine. No need for potions at all yet either, will it get a bit harder later on? Graphics are amazing and the UI and menus are really clean and easy to use. I like the slide loot you want to sell to the vendor though nice touch (pun intended)!

17. PrayForDeath

PrayForDeath Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Can't you just add two small potion icons to the HUD? Would be much more intuitive than pausing and dragging every time I need to use a potion.

Game is awesome btw, just a bit too easy.

18. The game gets tougher and the story progresses a lot. Keep on smashing the undead :)

19. NanoByte

NanoByte New Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Impressions and many other things

I agree with a majority of the reviews so far. I'm enjoying the game (iPad3), great visuals, etc.

Walking/Running. Doesn't really bother me so much but admittedly Rok is quite slow. I'm a patient person so I'm ok with it. I get to check out the scenery and surroundings more. Could be streamlined though.

D-Pad vs. Touch. I understand the majority prefer this and that is great. If that were the control mechanism I'd still play this. However, I got a stylus a few months back and I haven't used my finger(s) since. I love it. I love that my screen is never dirty, smudged, smeary, etc. So using a stylus does not get in the way of the game. I've gotten to the point where I cringe when I play a game that requires me to touch the screen. (I've been a bit weird about people touching my monitors/screens since a child; an issue I'll take up with the therapist).

Gestures. Yea. I can NOT get that circle one down. pfft!

IAP. As some have stated... They are completely unneeded. If you base your sole decision on this, well, I think you're missing out on a great thing here. There are more than enough instances where IAP's take advantage of you so I understand peoples' stance on them. This is not one of those cases. If anything (as someone mentioned), they'd do an IAP in this game just to show some extra love for the devs. Really, $3 is nothing for this experience. Bravo!

Difficulty. It is very easy, but I'm not that far into it. Hopefully it becomes more challenging. At the very least it would be kind of cool to have a Diablo-esque setting such as Easy/Medium/Hard before you start the game. This would also give it more replay value(?).

Anyhoo. Back to playing.

20. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    That is good news! I wont upgrade any weapons or armor or add points to my stats until it gets tougher though :cool: