Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Feb 14, 2019.
Ok, thanks for trying anyway
Yep, by named TA authors or “by TA staff” if it’s a sponsored post #rofl
Is there a process or some kind of request to have a game reviewed? Or is it just the games that TA authors decide to review?
Idk, man, I’m just a social policy research fellow in the arse end of the north of nowhere.
Afaict, there is an expanding and rotating cohort of “staff,” centres around a long-standing core, some of whom sometimes review something, unless it’s a sponsored review in which case they’ll say lots of nice things about it and badge it as authored by “Toucharcade Staff.” Tastes, selections and choices can be esoteric, hence - perhaps - the last three TA GOTWs each nailing forum threads with sth like two posts. (Not even that for the most recent one).
Have you tried emailing them? Whether or not it works, it’s certainly a more direct approach than shooting the breeze amidst several thousand other threads on the forums.
@Davideogames Did you use any statistic API or did you do the math yourself? Because i'm pretty sure chances are rigged by the dice system. (For example, the chances to get 60 on 10 dices are really really low. 1/(6^10) or something like that.)
I'm not exactly sure, and I don't dare to say i understand everything about statistics, but it seems to me you didn't take in account the odds of every result.For eggs, we throw 10 dices. so the result range from 10 to 60, which is 51 possible result.
When i have 11% chances to get the rarest one, i have 55-60 range of result. But with dices, the chances to get the highest 11% of result are way lower than the range they represent (Normal distribution and so). (stats example for 2 dices http://www.gwydir.demon.co.uk/jo/probability/calcdice.htm)
I like the basics of the game, but i would love it to show real chances or to adapt the chances to what's showed.
(here is a site that seems to show the result of any number of dices throw https://anydice.com )
It is rather intuitive, just simulate any number of throws through your system and check the result. Let's say you simulate 1000 throws, you should have an idea of the problem. (And if you don't trust 1000, then go for 1 000 000 or whatever you feel is needed)
The main reason for this repartition is the number of combination for each result (sum of the dices).
60 has only 1 possible combination, 59 should be 10 (1 dice on 5, the rest on 6, any dice might be 5).
But the total number of combination is 6^10, which is a really big number in comparison.
(your 2% chances of winning a fast fight are in fact more about 0.8191988856712222052871344137919e-7)
Well, i stop my case here, i'll try to stay available if you want to discuss the topic. (Though i suscribed only to post this (double) post )
Thanks for your feedback.
I did the math myself. I use a linear interpolation (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_interpolation) to calculate:
- the minimum sum you can do when rolling 10 dice is 1x10=10, which means 100% win
- the max sum is 6x10=60, which is almost 0% win.
- So, for a XXX% chance to win, the min sum of 10 dice to win is : (60-10) * (100% - XXX%) + 10
100% chance to win => sum = (60-10) * (100% - 100%) + 10 = 10
10% chance to win => sum = (60-10) * (100% - 10%) + 10 = 55
1% chance to win => sum = (60-10) * (100% - 1%) + 10 = 59 (I round down the value)
I realize that my calculation is not very accurate if I look at the links you sent, so I will see how I can improve the conversion. Thanks for pointing this out!
Btw, you can also reach me directly at [email protected]
@Davideogames check your mail
I created an account here just to say: "hey nice game, thanks for making this"
It's fresh and something different from all those other loot gathering games. I even have my kids age 6 and 8 play it if they promise to do some actual calculation with the dice.
Daddy I'll so some math OK? Is the new way to ask if they can play on their tablet.
Some review remarks after playing for a day or two (bought one package to support the developer)
- gathering gems goes really slow. My kids are jealous of my extra characters
- my kid created a Guild named: "Reborn's Clan" but the ' character can't be used in searching a guild. So we couldn't find and join him. (The other kid created another guild and we joined that one. So problem solved but the issue remains).
- Due to my purchase I now have 3 heroes. But I didn't use gems for extra item storage space. With three heroes at level five with three items equipped each storage space is a little thight to gather material for upgrades. (Combined with slow gem gathering In find this a bit annoying. And yes I could have spent my gems wiser).
- Red Hood's description says: His arch enemy is... Shouldn't that be: Her arch enemy is... Some goes for Nina and Eva.
Overall very nice game though. I am gonna stop typing now so I can play it some more.
You really made my day! Thank you so much for sharing your good experience with my game, especially as your kids also enjoy it. I don't know if you ar confined in your country, but if you are, I am so glad that you get to share a good moment with your kids thanks to the game!
For your review:
- A good way to earn gems is to go deep in the guild's dungeons. And buying gems are not necessary to progress in the game: 2 of the best 3 players in the worldwide leaderboard never paid.
- I will fix the bug about the search of guilds names not supporting the '. Thanks for reporting it!
- I agree that having 3 heroes with just 20 slots for gears is tight But I am sure that soon you will be able to afford more inventory space.
- For female characters, I use a standard sentence and I just replace the name of the hero, which is why it's not "her".... I know, I could have 2 sentences, one per gender, but I was lazy on this one
Don't hesitate to give me more feedback!
I am working on a new game mode called "Conquest" where you will compete with other guilds to conquer islands, just like a wargame. So keep leveling up your characters, you will need them
Have fun and stay safe in this crazy time.
You're welcome. Once I read here that you are a one man team I figured it would be nice to say we like the game here. In our locked down country! So after School work, it's time for school Orc
I hadn't noticed the gem rewards in Guild yet as I just switched from a guild to our "family" guild. I guess the three of us should be able to get 100 bravery so that'll be the way to go.
I'll consider giving the kids one "special offer" so they can expand there heroes and equipment slots a bit for your support en them being brave in these strange locked down times.
Thanks again for making the game.