Universal Orangepixel's Snake Core is Marching to iOS in March

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by orangepascal, Mar 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orangepascal

orangepascal Well-Known Member

Hi everyone! I'm almost done with a new Orangepixel game: Snake Core

Snake Core is an Arcade game combining the gameplay mechanics of Snake but twisting and turning the setting and variation into an inter-galactic war against an alien thread with a variation of mission types and army units.

Command your army of different soldier units as they attack aliens, take out bombs, retrieve soldiers, defend key locations, and hunt down big Snake like creatures. The game plays in different game-modes, with a multi-route map that allows the player to decide the best route to the Alien Overlord.

Grab power-ups to improve your soldiers skills, wipe out aliens, and try to defeat the alien overlord aka: The End Boss!

The game is playable in both Landscape and Portrait mode (yay!) and I'm pretty close to completing it. I'll be calling out for a few beta testers later this week over at the Orangepixel Discord (discord.gg/orangepixel) and then I'll be working towards a release within the next few weeks!

[​IMG]

The game fits into the whole Orangepixel timeline right after Gunslugs and Groundskeeper (story is explained in the game, or on the Timeline page )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Different missions are available, changing up the gameplay for each mission. Select your own path towards the final boss.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Maxime0683 and Erpiotta5 like this.
  2. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Oh goodie! New game from Orangepixel, yay! On my way to Discord...;)

Erpiotta5 likes this.
  3. Erpiotta5

Erpiotta5 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
  4. Ringerill

Ringerill Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Cool news!
    Reminds me a lot the Nimble Quest game from Nimble Bit. Same idea of having different characters in your "snake", each with their own powers. I remember how difficult it was to chose the right composition of characters and their order...
    This one seems to be really fast paced and I anticipate a really active gameplay :)

Erpiotta5 likes this.
  5. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    I'd like to test it too if possible!
    TestFlight email: [email protected]

Thanks in advance!

Erpiotta5 likes this.
  6. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
  7. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I'm beta testing this masterpiece and I can honestly say, you're in for a treat! The variety of missions, the pixel art. Usually I'm going much deeper into details during testing but this time I'm keeping it strictly Discord oriented. I'll post my impressions the moment the game's released. But trust me on this one. Pascal Bestebroer has proven multiple times before that he can deliver the highest quality titles. Hence, mandatory pre-order on this one.

8. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Portrait...sold!

orangepascal likes this.