Orange Pixel

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Issac, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Hello! I was wondering if Orange Pixel's games are the short, timed level affairs like League of Evil, or if there is more length to them. All of their games look great, but I don't actually like the whole short, bite sized level thing. Or rather, I think they are fine, I just was hoping for longer levels here: the games look sooooo good! Thank you :)

2. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Their games are short, bite-sized levels. But I think the one they are working on now is supposed to have longer levels. Can't remember what it is called, but it looked good.

3. WAV 80

WAV 80 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    It's gunslugs. Looking forward to that too. Looking like a far more better "INC".

4. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Thank you!

I still might go for them, just becase they look so freak'n good!

5. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    They are all VERY good! Some of my favorite platformers on iOS!

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    They are all good. But if you're looking for longer form, INC. is the closest they have. Still not like "Mario" size platfrom levels, but definately longer than Stardash and Meganoid.

I do look forward to Gunslugs though. The are some good longer level platformers (Marie Claire Garden, Frogatto, Wawa Land to name a few), but it'd be nice to see some devs like Orange Pixel that are known for their pitch perfect controls to give a more traditional plafromer a shot.

7. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Miss Claire Garden. ;)

8. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Yes, thanks for the correction. One of my favorite platformers and don't know where I got Marie from :rolleyes:.

9. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    No problem! I love that game too, and it's sad that it doesn't get the attention it deserves!

10. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Thanks for the heads up! Miss Claire Garden looks wonderful!

11. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yep Gunslugs looks great, i've got most of Orange Pixels games but yep i wish the levels were longer (Same for League of Evil) but i hear both companies are producing a longer game coming up soon.

Stardash is brilliant but some of the later levels are very difficult and require perfect timing throughout. But a great nod to the Gameboy days