Universal OPUS: The Day We Found Earth (by SIGONO INC.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Oct 21, 2015.

1. TeamSignalMeow

TeamSignalMeow Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Cat
    Wow! Really humbled by your feedback. Thanks so much for supporting us! Hope you find the rest of the game just as enjoyable!

2. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV

3. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    I just finished this and I can say it has a permanent place in my heart now. This is a tender little story - well paced and well delivered. Congratulations on a job well done!
    I'll keep my eyes open for a sequel...

4. TeamSignalMeow

Oct 16, 2015
    Cat
    Wow, well having players like you is what makes it possible for us to stick to making games! So thank YOU for your support! And we hope our future games bring you just as much enjoyment!

Thank you very much for giving OPUS that permanent place! It's always humbling to receive such praise.
    As for a sequel...maaaaybe? You never know! :rolleyes:

5. Bewi

Bewi Well-Known Member

I've finished the game with a 82 or so completion percentage. I love the story and the gameplay. Hunting stars and planets was funnier than I thought.

Now I would like to find the items I have missed and that seems to be quite hard.

6. TeamSignalMeow

Oct 16, 2015
    Cat
    Hey thanks! And congrats, sounds like you found a few of the hidden ones already. Finding the triggers is usually the difficult bit, so try searching around the rooms when they become accessible!

7. im.krystal

im.krystal Active Member

May 18, 2012
    Canada
    Just finished playing through a second run so I could try to discover all the sub missions but ended up with only 94.87% completion. Looks like I'll have to play it a third time! On another note, I really enjoyed both runs and the soundtrack was amazing. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with next!

8. TeamSignalMeow

Oct 16, 2015
    Cat
    Help on new content for upcoming update

Hey everyone! So we've had feedback coming from everywhere for the past two days, and we are deeply grateful for that! This prompted us to start thinking about what we can offer in the v1.1 update, and we came up with a few ideas. But the decision turns out to be kinda tough, so we thought we'd sample some opinions on TouchArcade. Here's some of our best proposals:

1. An additional chapter right after the ending

This is probably the most frequently suggested option. But it's also the most time consuming

2. More side missions throughout the game

We've been getting this from a lot of more hardcore players

3. More achievements to compete on with your friends

This can be done more quickly, but appeals to less people

So what you think?

9. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    1 for sure :)

10. TheGribble

TheGribble Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Not really important, but it's bugging me - are the planet temperatures supposed to be measured in Kelvin? The most habitable planets Seem to be about 300C at the moment.

Oh, great little game, by the way. #

11. cloudpuffballz

cloudpuffballz New Member

Oct 24, 2015
    Hello I bought the game too! :3
    The option number 1 pleaseeeeeeeeee! This game is one of the few that managed to move me to tears. It always left me wondering what really happened to the doctor with all those hints lying around. I'd totally wait even if it is time consuming for the update :)))) time < quality :3

also

I've finished the game with around 97 percent. I'm a bit confused where those two last unknown side missions are located though :C.. I've been looking for those two unknown side missions listed in zone 1 for an hour now..

12. Verticallity

Verticallity Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Surviving
    In the same universe as you (probably)
    So, I loved the game the whole way through and am very excited for 1.1 but I can't find the second to last object in zone 1. I know the last one is Earth because I have beat the game before. I have searched the entire ship for a clue, I even have the achievement for exploring everything on the ship. I was wondering if I could at least have a hint toward the room the clue is in. Thanks for the great game!

13. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    You guys spoil too much... :eek:

14. TeamSignalMeow

Oct 16, 2015
    Cat
    #34 TeamSignalMeow, Oct 24, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
    Wow, we're flattered by your dedication! Thank you very much for your support! By the way, if you enjoyed the soundtrack, you can grab it on Bandcamp here, or on iTunes at a later date, if you prefer that!

Ahhhhh yes, you actually found a deadly typo in the game which is fixed and ready in the next update, it is indeed suppose to be measured in Kelvin. We are all prepared to be raged by space fans from all over the world....until next week when it's corrected at least.

Also a big thank you for all of the suggestions from everyone!
    I think I'll run the poll for a bit and get back to you guys tomorrow, it's kinda late here and it's been a nerve wrecking launch week for us.

15. im.krystal

im.krystal Active Member

May 18, 2012
    Canada
    Is there any chance the soundtrack will be available on SoundCloud as well? I found Triodust there! If not, I'll probably wait until it's released on iTunes :)

16. TeamSignalMeow

Oct 16, 2015
    Cat
    We've actually been ask a lot about this recently, currently it is only unlockable with the cat and the dog, and we are thinking of ways to improve it in the upcoming patch :)

Currently we are only planning it to release on Bandcamp and iTunes, stay tuned for our update!
    Just out of curiosity, which track is your favorite?

hee hee, at least the real spoilers hasn't been revealed yet ;)

17. TeamSignalMeow

Oct 16, 2015
    Cat
    It sounds strange, but we're really grateful to hear all of you who tell us your tears were involved in the playthrough of OPUS, it was definitely something beyond our expectation. so uh...with utmost sincerity, thank you for crying? :eek:

As for the last two missions, as mentioned above, we've been getting quite a few inquiries about that, currently it can only be unlocked through the cat and dog. And we'll come up with a solution in the upcoming patch

18. Verticallity

Verticallity Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Surviving
    In the same universe as you (probably)
    #38 Verticallity, Oct 25, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
    My interpretation of the story

This whole post is going to contain a few SPOILERS and while I am sure most of you here have completed the game, you have been warned.

Okay, so this is just my interpretation of the story of this game, here it goes.

After decades of exploration and augmentation to make everyone the best they can be, sacrificing the diversity that kept them alive, humans have explored many galaxies, leaving their past behind. After several large outbreaks of diseases, humanity realizes that there genes are similar enough that one could wipe everyone out. While most think that the answer is to augment everyone differently, a few look to the stars and believe of another way, Earth. After being to far from any suitable planets or mineral rich asteroids for so long, and their methods of communication have become useless, but some believe Earth still exists. After several missions with less funding each time, and Lisa (doctor) catches what appears to be a cold or other harmless, yet distracting disease from solar flare radiation, Lisa is forced to use the escape pod to get treatment. While Makoto and Lisa could have both gone, I prefer this version because it shows that Makoto still cares and will risk his life for the mission. Soon after, the whole ship shuts down. While the ship is shut down, Lisa goes to the hospital where it appears by the symptoms that it is a cold. The disease spreads and develops lethal properties, killing off all of the connected, modified, humanity. Then the rest of the game plays out.

Here is some random stuff that doesn't really fit at any particular point in the story.
    Lisa (star) was our sun, which has now grown to a red giant (the size of which could help us find out when the story takes place) (EDIT: the sun is not bigger, it is actually smaller, assuming it is in km like everything else in the game, but the temperature has risen so we can use that instead)
    Earth was luckily dislocated from its orbit and was able to avoid the sun's expansion
    The Hetmis Galaxy is the Mily way (that should be obvious from my previous statements)
    One of the planets you find is using the description and picture of the moon (I named it Lunael because why not) maybe the item that dislocated Earth was a third body, maybe Venus entering the Earth-Moon system, causing both the Earth and moon to move.
    How do we really know there are humans on Earth? Maybe they all appeared to die of war and that is why nobody remembers. Maybe all they wifi find on Earth are some small shrubs and some grass.

I guess we will have to just wait for 1.1 to find out

19. TeamSignalMeow

Oct 16, 2015
    Cat
    #39 TeamSignalMeow, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
    WHOA nice theory you have there! I don't have the full answer for you (it's locked in our writer's head), but you're fairly close!

Your conclusion about LISA is interesting! So if LISA is the sun, where do you think the other planets fit in?

20. TeamSignalMeow

Oct 16, 2015
    Cat
    [​IMG]

So uh, our writer asked me to post this here.
    Clearly he's trying to get something across so, make what you will of it :p

We'd also still like to hear your thoughts on the upcoming update. If any of the options tickle your fancy, please let us know! Here's the post