iPad Opinions on Biiball?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ficbot, Oct 28, 2008.

1. ficbot

ficbot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    I see this app show up in a lot of 'best of' lists AND a lot of 'worst of' lists, and I was hoping to get some opinions on it. I like arcade games and found the light version rpetty fun,b ut am not sure if the full game is worth the upgrade and I am curious as to why so many people hated it. I think it was a fun game but I would like to see:

1) I think it would work better as a maze game than as a shooter game, so it would be nice to have a 'maze only' mode where those cubes are not there and you don't have to shoot things

2) I don't like that it starts you back at level one every time. I have not gotten past level 3 and it gets boring to play the same maze over and over. Maybe they could make it more like a puzzle game and treat each level as a 'board' and let you choose them at will? Like, when you start the game, it presents you with a list of them like Tanzen does and you can choose one to play. In this 'puzzle' mode, the game would then be over once you finish that board. or, you could go into arcade mode and play it the classic way where you start at level 1 and see how far you get.

What do you think of these suggestions? And what are your thoughts on the game overall?

2. sirisaacx

sirisaacx Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2008
    I agree. I think you should be able to unlock levels as you beat them. As for the game, it's mildly fun, but I don't think it lives up to it's potential. Bootant is a skilled dev and I think he might be better off working on a slightly larger scale than these super-simplistic games. As for buying it, I'd at least wait until you can beat all the levels in the light version. :p

3. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    @OP:

Well, no wonder u dont like the game seen as how u cant get past level 3 lol...With the new update, once u loose, u dont start over but go down one level after u lose another life. It's a very fun game but the dev should've let the sounds the way they were before: the new piano-like strokes get annoying. Great time-waster...

4. bootant

bootant Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Junior Designer, Senior Coder, CTO, CEO, Chairman
    we would like to develop larger scale game
    but it is hard for two guys with day jobs to make a such game
    we try very hard but it is not easy
    i wish we have more time, more people and more resources
    thanks!
    --
    anton

5. gusto5

gusto5 Active Member

Sep 23, 2008
    The only thing its really lacking is calibration in the game, in my most honest opinion.

6. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    It is a fun game but it just gets really boring really soon.
    But its a good 5 minute time killer