[OPEN BETA] Pre-registration for new Games Workshop's CCG – The Horus Heresy: Legions

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Everguild, Mar 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Everguild

Everguild Active Member

Nov 3, 2016
    #1 Everguild, Mar 7, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    “I was there, the day Horus slew the Emperor.”
    – Garviel Loken.

JOIN A LODGE. LEAD A LEGION. CONQUER THE GALAXY.

The Horus Heresy: Legions is a mobile card game where your actions lead to real consequences. An open beta is coming to Google Play Early Access on March 15 on Android devices.

Build a deck of unstoppable Space Marines, join a warrior lodge with other players and take part together in epic Events where the winning Faction secures permanent, game-changing effects. Play as Loken, Khârn, Fulgrim and many more fan favourite characters in this collectible card game as you fight key battles from The Horus Heresy, one of the richest settings in the vast Warhammer 40,000 universe.

Pre-register at www.horusheresylegions.com before the game is out to win in-game rewards! First 1,000 will get additional content worth $20 on top of that!

The open beta will be nearly feature-complete and include 300 cards to do battle with four starting Legions: Sons of Horus, Emperor's Children, World Eaters and Death Guard. More Legions will be added in the future. A single-player campaign will immerse players in the tragic events at Isstvan III that marked the beginning of the Heresy, while different PvP formats will let players prove their mettle in fast and exciting online duels and thrilling events.

All progress made playing the Open Beta will carry over the full release, coming later this year to both Android and iOS.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ggzt1

ggzt1 Member

Feb 4, 2018
    Will test flight players also have their progress carry over when they play on March 15th? Or just those using GooglePlay?

3. Everguild

Everguild Active Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Hey there!

Progress in the Closed Beta won't carry over to the Open Beta and beyond, regardless of which platform you were playing in.

Both iOS and Android players will still be able to play in the Closed Beta and keep their progress there, at least until the full release on iOS and Android later this year.

Closed Beta players will get a special in-game reward for their support, which can be redeemed in the Open Beta or the full release.

We'll be keeping an eye on this forum, so feel free to ask anything!

4. ggzt1

ggzt1 Member

Feb 4, 2018
    I was referring to the google open beta that was mentioned in the original post that starts on march 15th. Is that just a closed beta for android players? I was pretty actively playing the game but only check it occasionally now, just wondering when I will be able to have progress that will carry over to global launch. I'm testing through iOS testflight.

5. Everguild

Everguild Active Member

Nov 3, 2016
    The Open Beta is not just a closed beta for Android Players. Let's review in more detail and hopefully answer your questions in the process:

– The progress from Closed Beta will not carry over the Open Beta or full launch, no matter which platforms you were testing in. This means all Android users, even those from the Closed Beta, will have to start over in the Open Beta.
    – Unlike the Closed Beta, anyone can play the Open Beta. They just need to get it for free from Google Play Early Access from March 15.
    – Unlike the Closed Beta, the Open Beta will carry over all progress to the full release.
    – The Closed Beta will remain playable for both Android and iOS at least until the full release. That way iOS players from the Closed Beta have a way of not getting rusty until the full release.
    – ]We will be rewarding all Closed Beta players with in-game content. This reward can be redeemed at any point during the Open Beta, or later when it transitions into a full release, and it should avoid the sting of starting over.
    – The reward itself is platform agnostic. If you were testing on iOS but you get an Android device to play the Open Beta, you may redeem your Closed Beta reward then.

Details on Closed Beta and Pre-registration campaign rewards will be announced at a later date.

That should cover it. Any more questions, just ask :)

6. ggzt1

ggzt1 Member

Feb 4, 2018
    Ok that makes sense, thanks! Will there be an iOS open beta as well on March 15th? If not, will I be able to transfer my progress over to iOS eventually if I play on android during the open beta?

7. Everguild

Everguild Active Member

Nov 3, 2016
    The Open Beta will be for Android devices only. iOS will come when the Open Beta transitions into a full release later this year.

And, yes! Accounts are fully cross-platform. If you play the Open Beta, you can log in on iOS when the full release comes. SImply use the same email and password associated to your game account.