Universal [Open Beta] Fearless Fantasy from tinyBuild Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by tinyBuild, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tinyBuild

tinyBuild Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Thank you so much for the feedback! We'll be rebalancing the gold before final release. Have you tried it on Hard though?

@IAPs - quote me on this if you want to (Alex Nichiporchik, CEO @tinyBuild) - we are not going to do IAPs in our mobile games in the foreseeable future. We want to do premium games that you pay for once and get an experience. Right now that experience would get ruined by introduction of IAPs, and will make me allergic to playing our games.

This is our push towards mobile - making games we love playing ourselves.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    And with that reply, much respect. Also pushed you to be one of my favorite devs. Thank you!

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I just checked your (tinyBuild's) website and i was just drooling at the titles im seeing there, most especially Party Hard, Speedrunners and No Time To Explain. Any chance that those could get into iOS someday?

4. RaveofRavendale

Dec 10, 2014
    Party Hard is definitely coming to mobile - we just announced that at PAX last week :) No Time to Explain... the possibilities are being explored. SpeedRunners... most likely not

5. tinyBuild

Mar 23, 2011
    Thank you sir!

6. tinyBuild

Mar 23, 2011
    Hi everyone!

I just sent out an update via TestFlight to everyone enrolled in our beta program

The update includes all final-ish art assets.

[​IMG]

7. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    that is awesome to hear. your statement alone already got my money ready for your future games. especially for how awesome Fearless Fantasy already is. :D

8. SwipeNova

SwipeNova Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2015
    I got a email saying i got a invite but i have not received any invite.

9. tinyBuild

Mar 23, 2011
    Can you PM me your info so I can manually add you to TestFlight? Just need an e-mail address that's associated with your apple id

10. SwipeNova

Mar 20, 2015
    PM sent :)

11. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Can I be a beta tester?

12. SwipeNova

Mar 20, 2015
    there is a sign up link in the original post

13. tinyBuild

Mar 23, 2011
  14. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    I was already in the TF beta. But lately I receive another email mentioning I am going to get an invite with the following details

What's new in this build?

Completely redone artwork! All the background assets are now done in gorgeous waterpaint style.
    Rebalanced levels
    Fixed crashes

Safe to say I can ignore that mail right? As it makes me wonder if there is another beta or what. :confused:

15. xodiac

xodiac Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2014
    How long does it take to get invited? I signed up and confirmed my email etc

16. tinyBuild

Mar 23, 2011
    I've just sent out an additional batch of invites :)

[​IMG]

17. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Woah! This game is fantastic! It's like a rhythm RPG, a seemingly strange blend of two of my favorite genres that actually combines seamlessly. Difficulty is just about right, and the soundtrack is great. 'Cutscene clips' are a little overused (as in, the same character movements are repeated in different cutscenes), and voice acting is just a tad annoying but it works with the whole surreal vibe of the game.I've experienced crashes at the end of levels, which is quite infuriating, as the completion of the level/difficulty is not registered. These crashes sour what is otherwise a great experience...
    Monster design is just brilliant! I'm a huge fan of disturbing surrealism (David Lynch anyone?) and this fits the bill perfectly. It's shocking, yet it's also hilarious at the same time :D.

I actually didn't even sign up for this (I think I received the TF invite because of Divide by Sheep) but suffice to say I'm glad I was given the opportunity to beta test this. It's a great game, and I reckon it'll be a huge hit when it releases! :)

18. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    In this last Beta update i breezed (only on easy possible) through most levels again, and i didn't find anything bad. I'm very happy how everything looks now. Will it get a release date soon?

PS: please, remember the screen orientation!

19. anabolicMike

anabolicMike Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    I wanna meet the girl in the impression video at the end with that accent.

20. tinyBuild

Mar 23, 2011
    Thanks for the kind words everyone!

We're now working on a final build which fixes loads of small shadowing issues, and replaces the level select menu to fit the new style.

Final beta test invites will be sent out soon :) I think before end of month