iPad Onyx Online [Canceled]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Zincous, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Well this was never covered on the site or brought up in the forums, so I thought I'd let you guys know. If you haven't heard already Onyx Online from Demiforce was canceled last week :(:(:(

No xbox live style achievements for us :(

2. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I saw how this was cancelled :(

It looked like a cool concept, but I don't know how far it would've gotten anyway... Would've been interesting to see where it went at least, though...

3. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    That's a bummer, I do wonder if apple are working on something related though.

4. Zincous

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Yeah I was looking forward to this...

I hope apple or anyone has something like it so we can experience this idea in one way or another.

5. rhcpdrummer

rhcpdrummer Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    that stinks, it woulda been cool to have this

6. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    that sucks that would have been a cool idea:(

7. TheOZ

TheOZ Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Yea this was actually one of the major things I was looking forward to in 09, but now that its not being continued im really dissapointed.

The developers of Aurora Feint are also doing something similar so does that mean their project will be canceled too?

I understand where apple is coming from, but if they are canceling stuff like that then they better have something along these lines of an Xbox Live sort of thing coming in the future.

Also, wrong section.

8. Zincous

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Well depends on how they implement it, maybe it's different enough where apple accepts it. Idk...

And yeah I looked at all the sections and couldn't decide where to put it exactly....and technically it's game related, it affects all games potentially :D

9. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    OpenFeint is actually more of a social network tool chain. You can see it in Aurora Feint II: The Arena with the Profiles and ability to message others and write on their walls (like facebook) I don't know if OpenFeint will allow for asynchronous multiplayer but I think it would be amazing if it was added to it

10. etoiles

etoiles Well-Known Member

Just a guess, but Apple probably wasn't thrilled by the 'paid level packs' idea...