online level sharing will it get approved?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by 99c_gamer, Nov 24, 2010.

1. 99c_gamer

99c_gamer Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    I have online level sharing in my next update where players connect to my server and download user-made levels.

You think this will have any problem getting approved? I know that Apple is picky over apps that download online content.

But also there are plenty of online games out there.

Anyone know if there's any problem getting this approved?

2. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany

Its fine as long the external content doesnt change the code that was approved in any way.
    If its just levels thats ok, there are several games who have an editor that lets you create levels..

3. 99c_gamer

Mar 23, 2009
    ok that's what I thought. It's good to know there are others but I wasn't sure what the rules are or if there's a specific way you have to do it because I see emulators getting rejected all the time.

4. rmlinden

rmlinden Active Member

Nov 10, 2010
    Was wondering about this too, you do have to make sure that you check the created content before allowing it in the updates.
    People WILL try to upload wierd crap :)

and im guessing that emulators get blocked becuase they either allow root access or allow people to install games for free (which will eat away at apples profit)

5. 99c_gamer

Mar 23, 2009
    yes this can open a can of worms checking is a huge part of allowing it.

I've set it up so players have to play through and complete the level they made before it can be uploaded that's one way to guarantee that it's valid.