Online Drawing Classes?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by SJP99, Oct 24, 2010.

1. SJP99

SJP99 Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Ipod Touch game player person like thing????
    11th dimension
    #1 SJP99, Oct 24, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
    I really like drawing.....but im not very good at it. I really want to improve my drawing anyway possible. I particularly want to learn how to shade pencil drawings. I tried some shading yesterday and i suck at it
    [​IMG]

so does anyone know of a good website that has some good tutorials. It would really help. thanks!

2. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    Hmmm... No sorry :\, I love drawing myself, but unfortunatly i'm not taking any online drawing classes.

3. Zoet

Zoet Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Newcastle, Australia
    I personally don't know of any websites, although I'm sure they exist, but go to your closest book store and I'm sure there will be some good 'how to draw titles'. Your shading looks ok, but the best way to learn to drawn would be to go to some art classes, preferably Life drawing classes if your aim is to draw from photos/the natural world realistically or expressively. If what you are into is more comic/manga, then there are plenty of books on those styles too. I have been studying art for 4 years, and life drawing classes were the best for really learning how to draw.

4. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    +1 to that

5. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    http://www.penciljack.com/forum/

check out the "Lab technicians" part for some tutorials but overall the site is great. Post your art and the many great artists there can give you some helpful criticism to improve your work.

6. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Tip: shade what you're drawing and any shadows it makes. Don't shade the entire background.

7. SJP99

SJP99 Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    11th dimension
    it was on notebook paper...i wanted to cover up all the lines :eek:

8. SJP99

SJP99 Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    11th dimension
    Thanks...i registered..but im too afraid to post anything...everyone there is GOOD at drawing