Universal Onion Force (By Queen Bee Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Kathleenqbg

Kathleenqbg Active Member

Mar 14, 2016
    Co-founder/Producer at Queen Bee Games
    Canada
    YAY!!! Glad to hear it! :) p.s.- *cough, would be awesome if you left us a lil review on the App Store, cough* ;)

2. Kathleenqbg

Mar 14, 2016
    Canada
    Just had to revisit your comment about the tutorial, I forgot to ask: were you using the range attacks as well as the melee with the bowman and wizard? Because as long as you use both, you can beat it no problem. (i seriously cannot believe i am talking about beating the tutorial LOL :p)

3. rowe33

rowe33 Member

Jan 19, 2013
    This game is brutally hard - I can't even get a star on the 2nd level and have no idea why. I just beat it without letting anyone into the King area and still didn't get one.

4. Kathleenqbg

Mar 14, 2016
    Canada
    Hey, it is definitely a challenging game- on purpose. Approx: 5 enemy smashes into the rocks causes you to lose your star.

5. Kathleenqbg

Mar 14, 2016
    Canada
    If anyone beats Onion Force, we want to know about it! Please post in here with a screen cap. We haven't had anyone beat it yet (besides dev), and we want to send some special little swag to whoever does first! :D

6. scifistephen

scifistephen Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 4, 2013
    Agreed I like a challenge but come on

7. Kathleenqbg

Mar 14, 2016
    Canada
    Leveling up your character helps a great deal- as well as collecting the weaponry, building better strategy and power-ups.
    The game has a progression to it, and a touch of learning curve. I am no hardcore gamer, but I gave myself a chance (a little bit of time)to get better, as did my 9 year old niece and it's super fun once you figure out what works for you, and not get discouraged by the difficulty. It just takes a few tries to get the hang of. IMO it's a fun challenge.
    Sorry for the delay.

8. Kathleenqbg

Mar 14, 2016
    Canada
    I have one code for giveaway, if anyone wants one. 1st person to reply wins a code. :D

9. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Oh, why not... would never normally ask for one though. Game looks cool.

10. Kathleenqbg

Mar 14, 2016
    Canada
    Haha! Awesome.:cool: I will send it to you via PM.

11. Son of Anarchy

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Thankyou Kathleen, much appreciated. I've just read through the thread, so give me a while and I'll def report back with my thoughts.

12. Son of Anarchy

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Awesome game, great production values, quirky fast and fun. An RTS TD game on speed... Seriously, this thing plays hard and fast and doesn't let up till the map is over.

I like how each hero levels up and has a chance to find stronger weapons while playing, and honestly, you'll need to level up and find those stronger weapons if you want to tackle anything but the easiest setting. Reading through the thread I see people concerned about the difficulty, and while they do have a point, (it certainly ain't no walk in the park) I managed to overcome the early stages playing the first and second difficulty tiers of each level till the heroes toughened up and found a bit of gear. Then upgraded the initial towers and that's when the game opens up and carnage ensues... um, I mean the fun really starts.

It's probably a good time to mention that there's ZERO iap in this game, none... There's no buying your way out of anything. The game is balanced exactly the way the dev intended and they decided not to nickel and dime people for extra cash AFTER they purchased like nearly every other game does these days.

After playing Onion Force for awhile today, I felt disappointed in myself for accepting a code from Kathleenqbg, because Premium pricing models like this are something I enjoy actively supporting. Once again my thanks to Kathleen for the code and for being an awesome person/developer.

tl;dr I think if this looks and sounds like something you'd enjoy then you probably will. I wouldn't say it's rage enducingly difficult at all, but maybe not for casual gamers who don't like a challenge either. The UI is easy to control, everything is very polished, the dialogue has plenty of charm and humour, there's alot of content to get through and it's just unique and fun to play, the screenies don't really do it justice. Now I'll have to gift it to a friend because I'm enjoying it a lot and I wish I'd payed for it, can't really give much better praise than that.

13. Kathleenqbg

Mar 14, 2016
    Canada
    #53 Kathleenqbg, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    Apologies for my delay in response, took a couple days off for the holidays.

Can we hire you? haha...thanks for the little confidence booster, it's been really tough, as we kind of expected releasing a premium game. We need to find our PEOPLE. I think we should maybe put somewhere in our description that it's not for the average casual player? Go with the fact that it's very challenging? Oddly enough though, we have had some kids pick it up and really enjoy it. Thanks again for all your input, it's beyond greatly appreciated.

14. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    Thanks for your appreciation of this aspect, we need to find more gamers like you. We thought this would be refreshing to the mobile market, but nobody is biting yet. I think people are far too spoiled with their supposed 'free' games. That and our marketing efforts thus far haven't reached the right people yet. If our sales don't go up though, we may have to eventually have no choice but make it free with ads, pay to unlock ads- just we can recoup some of our costs

Hey guys, can't let that happen! So I'm gonna cop the game today!!! I hope more players will buy it!?
    C'mon guys support them!:D:)
    I'm glad to give you 3€...sorry that I'm late to the party!

15. Kathleenqbg

Mar 14, 2016
    Canada
    Ha! Thanks very much for the support! :D and no worries. It's hard to keep track of all new releases out there, and with zero marketing budget, we slip through cracks a bit.

We Really don't want to go that route!!!! But....we also want to keep making games. We need some big pushes- C'mon Apple, give our tiny team a feature! :p

16. Son of Anarchy

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Hey all, this (unfortunately) just dropped to free, for how long I don't know. Can't get a much better price than that. The game is clearly created with love by people who just wanted to make a good game without any iap shenanigans. The developers are great people and I'm sure they'd appreciate any feedback.

17. Kathleenqbg

Mar 14, 2016
    Canada
    Yes- Onion Force is FREE for 48 hours. This helps spread the word that our game even exists, lol. Go Snatch it Up, and if you do enjoy our crazy game- Please be sure to leave a review!! We need more since when you update the game, they disappear. Thanks for checking it out. We are always open to hear your thoughts. Cheers!

18. ReluctantFr0g

ReluctantFr0g Member

May 21, 2013
    I played for about five minutes and deleted it. :(. That made me sad. The controls were super imprecise. Maybe this was meant for iPad only. Looked fun though.

19. edwin.ramirez

edwin.ramirez Member

Sep 11, 2013
    Not free on Google Play :(:(:(
    Well I added it to my wish list so I'll eventually come around and buy it.

20. Kathleenqbg

Mar 14, 2016
    Canada
    Hey, sorry you didn't like it. The controls are a matter of getting used to. And you can be super precise with them, once you get the hang of it. I personally play on my phone all the time, but some people do prefer iPad. It has an arcade/pinball type mechanic that is not standard in this type of game, so it throws some people right off. It might just not be your type of game, and that's totally cool- not for everyone. :)