one week, only 85 download,please help

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by fwish, Aug 11, 2009.

1. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    That does sound like a good idea, and fun too...but you really might want to consider working on your next project, especially if sales are going down instead of up. Your time is money, so use it wisely.

2. Syndicated Puzzles

Syndicated Puzzles Well-Known Member

The most obvious ........ was missed.

Fwish!

I tried your paid version. Everyone is giving you advice on how to fix /improve your game. Everyone missed the (absolute) obvious feature of your game.

SHARKS HAVE ( little or ) NO AFFECT ON SUBMARINES! I am really surprised no one else gave you this piece of advice?

Change the submarine with a scuba diver. Every time the diver bumps into the shark or see urchin he/she oozes a tiny bit of blood. ( like an octopus) This would explain the following of the sharks when the diver moves away.

When the diver ( the game ends) he/she bleeds more profusely and all the sharks start to fill up the screen and the blood and sharks cover the entire screen. Great way to fade into the next game.

The submarine removes the tension and fear element of being eaten by sharks.

Fwish if you change the sub to a diver your game will be oh so much more realistic.

Fwish, remember this peace of advice will cost you 1 favour when the time comes.

You are immolating a real life situation. In game design it is always best to listen to the story you are trying to tell. It provides answers.

After sex the second best seller is blood.

Jeff
    Syndicated Puzzles

3. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Bikini clad female diver!

4. Syndicated Puzzles

Yes my math was wrong> If you combine sex and blood that would push blood in to the third position. Thanks eugekava for the math lesson!

5. yas

yas Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Rōnin developer
    sex + blood + blowin' sh*t up = $$$$

So what story does that tell you?

Oh man, I can't believe I just typed that...

But sadly, it's true...

6. fwish

fwish Well-Known Member

#106 fwish, Sep 1, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
    wow,such a great idea,should I change the name to beauty vs shark?

but hte question is, the sub is very tiny in the screen, in this size, if changed to a driver,how could I use animation to make it believable? don't even mention bikini girl, how can user tell that is a bikini girl?

btw, I want people to play my game because it's fun, not because of other things

7. Syndicated Puzzles

Fwish,

Stick to the diver and the tiny scale should be an advantage. It should make things easier not harder, leave the subs as well but have some diver episodes as well. Put the diver episodes up front of your app.

8. lamdogkc

lamdogkc Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    #108 lamdogkc, Sep 1, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
    I would think so best still if it's random

anothing is to choose the character, some like sub, some like diver male/female, maybe can run a contest to ask gamer to create a speacial character or something

9. fwish

fwish Well-Known Member

yes, choose character maybe great,and I just got a idea that,I should use mermaid,she will be cute and lovely.

and only user finish at least one challenge mode level,and earn himself a cup, then he can choose the mermaid instead of sub. how's that sound?

sorry, jeff (I said a lot of sorry to you today,but you did inspire me,thanks a lot)because of the look of shark in my game,maybe horrible is not an option.

I guess I will pass those bloody thing, make it more delightful

10. lamdogkc

lamdogkc Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    just went to your website ans saw your new app idecide so nice looking, actually We (my colleagues) are using this idea for our lunch location manually hope yours will get approve by apple soon. can't wait to try it out.

11. fwish

fwish Well-Known Member

#111 fwish, Sep 1, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2009

thanks,8 days passed since I upload it

12. jameswedmore

jameswedmore New Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Marketing???

Hey, if the only effort you have made is handing out a few promo codes and how that people will buy your game because of a review, you are gonna stay STUCK at 80 sales!

You need to do some hardcore marketing efforts...and they won't cost a dime!

Press Releases are huge! Visit www.PRWeb.com and submit a press release for like $80.00 and it can drive a ton of traffic! Remember, make your app newsworthy! Something to talk about!

Next, what are you doing with Social Media?! Facebook and Twitter! You need to get on their and promote!

Do you have a blog or promo website?

You've got good ratings (3.5 stars), just put some more efforts into your marketing. Do NOT waste any more time with these app review sites!

Go get 'em!

James Wedmore
    http://www.iPhoneAppBlueprints.com

13. fwish

fwish Well-Known Member

yes, just give promo code will do little to affect the sales

all this just like a dream

bad sale-->complain---》 been featured, sales up,rank up--->itunes 9 out

change the rules-->big drop-->back to the beginning

well,guess I have to move on

still working on 1.3 update

14. daveak

daveak Well-Known Member

So it won't cost a dime, it will cost at least $80 :)