Universal One Tap Rally (by Razmobi)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by razmobi, May 5, 2017.

1. razmobi

razmobi Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll get an overall leaderboard updated to show overall position based on your average rank across all tracks. that might be better way to represent the overall leaderboard.
    and will have an icon next to each track to show if you have played it or which rank you are when selecting tracks. @Red1 i'll also look at adding that, set a favorite car.
    Imm working away on this update and hopefully will have something ready by then end of this week

2. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    I can confirm that you get a permanent speed boost if you crash against the wall in the right way. Most of the top times use this broken mechanic. I'm guessing it's meant to work as a temporary come back mechanic but ends up lasting the whole rest of the race. Is this going to get fixed? I'm tired of trying to get good at crashing on purpose. At first it was kind of interesting but it gets old fast.

3. TLR

TLR Member

May 9, 2017
    When do you think the update will be live, looking forward to some of the features you mentioned.

Loving the game still :)

4. razmobi

Feb 27, 2013
    thanks :) Its ready to go, just waiting for review by apple, so i expect 2 days. The android update is live, alot of features you guys have requested here is in this next update ;)

5. TLR

TLR Member

May 9, 2017
    That's awesome dude, looking forward to it, what would be cool if you can add play ovsr wifi. Thanks again for listening

6. razmobi

Feb 27, 2013
    Hey guys, the update with suggestions from this thread is now live on iOS
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/one-tap-rally/id1226941641?ls=1&mt=8

Updates mentioned here include:
    * A restart button on the race screen, no longer have to pause to restart
    * Select Track screen shows which tracks you have raced, and what your rank is on each track
    * Favorite car, you can now select a favorite car so its not overwritten when winning a car in the prize spinner
    * New Icon, check it out, let me know what you think? or do you prefer the old one better?
    * some other minor updates.

Still working on the best way to represent the overall leaderboard. will let you know when that goes live.

New Icon: [​IMG]

7. ggallin

ggallin Well-Known Member

May 10, 2013
    Photographer
    Argentina
    Great update!

Put the coins counter on the ingame menu and take away the restart button can be good!

A push notification of the final rank when the track of the day ends and perhaps a simbolical prize for the podium? Like limited cars? Im just a dreammer lol

You think to add new tracks/ scenarios in the future?

Love the ranked tracks add!

Thanks and keep going

8. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    #88 grits, Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    Hey, can you address the issue I brought up? It's not a big deal I guess but now I'm really curious since no one has responded. All the top times are being acquired by hitting walls on purpose. Do you plan to fix this exploit or is it something you put in place intentionally? Thanks! The game is really fun but I'm not a fan of 'wall boosting'. I have many 1st place times but don't feel motivated to continue knowing this trick/cheat.

9. razmobi

Feb 27, 2013
    Hey @grits im looking into it, i believe its the bounce variable, im going to lower the bounce in the next update.
    Cheers

10. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    #90 grits, Jun 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
    Cool. Hope it was helpfu. It's odd cause it does give a permanent top speed boost

11. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    The BOUNCE variable!

Great update. Showing the rank for each track is so much better. Can see at a glance which tracks haven't been tried. And chose my fav car.

Each time you do an update, I think of more things!

You could set the ranking position background to GOLD if they're in the top 10. Silver for 10-20. And Bronze for 20-30. Blue for everyone else.

If you add more tracks in future, you could make each track each unlock when criteria are met eg: Have a rank on all existing tracks, unlock XX cars, have a top 10 ranking, etc, pay for the game, rank the game,Race xx times, do xx tracks of the day.

Out of curiosity, would it be difficult to add a track with split paths or obstacles in the track to steer around?

12. razmobi

Feb 27, 2013
    Thanks @Red1 !
    You must have read my mind, as soon as the update went live i thought about making to the colors of the ranking position background different based on your rank, Will definitely have that in the next update :) I love your next idea, with adding more tracks and having to earn them. i have planned to add new tracks, initially it will be two more worlds, so i'll look at that as a addition to it :)

With your last question, it would not be too difficult to create, the problem would be with the leaderboards, as they all run off the same paths and is about braking, accelerating and positioning off that. if adding new or obstacles it will not show a good representation of the leaderboards, eg one car will have the advantage. I do plan on creating a offline mode, Still deciding how i want to do that eg: championship, career, single races? but thats the game mode id probably be able to add that too without playing around with whats already there in the online mode.

Thanks again for the feedback @Red1 its invaluable. keep it coming if you think of anything else!

13. retrogamOR

retrogamOR Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Thanks for the nice update.

If you do fix this 'bounce variable',will this not completely break the leaderboards,as the top times will be impossible to match.Or will the leaderboards be reset to account for this fix?

14. ggallin

ggallin Well-Known Member

May 10, 2013
    Photographer
    Argentina
    I think the bounce problem is part of the strategy to make better times, personally i like it!

15. PatanSwe

PatanSwe Member

Jun 23, 2015
    I also like the bounce variable and think it adds to the gameplay. You need more skill and timing. Please don't change that.

16. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Interesting!

17. razmobi

Feb 27, 2013
    i'll just clarify, its actually not a variable but a parameter, which every car has bounce and friction, and removing bounce would cause the cars to stick to the wall. of course if this was a simulation, the car would hit the wall and crash, and retire, but the bounce param is there so the car can move back onto the intended path. so it does behave as intended, if you hit the wall from the back of your car of course you would get a minor push from the behind wall. and changing that would not only feel wrong as i have tested by limiting the bounce, but as someone else mentioned it would ruin the leaderboards by creating a different game.

18. retrogamOR

retrogamOR Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2013
    To be honest,i don't mind the way the game is at the momemnt.I would keep it as it is,if it were me.

Thanks for the updates & replying to us on these forums.It's much appreciated.

19. razmobi

Feb 27, 2013
    Thanks guys, working on the next updates, if you guys have any suggestions just let me know

20. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    #100 grits, Jun 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
    That's cool. Sounds good. I was just interested to hear about it and if it was intentional. But here's the thing that you haven't mentioned. Maybe I'm wrong, but cars that bounce seem to get a permanent speed boost for the entire race. Example: Someone hits a wall and I drive past them. They then not only manage to quickly catch up to me, but speed past me on a straight away and continue to move faster than me even if I am on the exact same path. That is the part that I take issue with. If this is the case, you have to hit a wall early in the game in order to even compete. Please correct me if I'm wrong! It just seems like if someone is 2 seconds behind me at any point, there should be no way to catch up if I'm racing perfectly.