Universal One Tap Hero™ - (by Chillingo Ltd)[Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 22, 2012.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    :/ Bizarre. All my crash issues seem to have gone with the update.

2. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    I started playing on my iPhone because it used to crash on startup on my iPad. After the update the game works fine on my iPad 1 (but I'm only in world 2 so far). I was so happy to see my progress from the iPhone on my iPad! That definitely helped in keeping me interested in the game. The game has always worked just fine on my 3GS by the way, so I hope that whatever performance issues still exist on the iPod Touch 4/iPad 1 can be fixed.

3. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Thanks for letting us know it. Hope you enjoy the game.:)

4. Essex

Essex Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Android?

Any chance for an Android version of One Tap Hero? I love it on my iPad 3 and I'd love to play it on the go on my Galaxy Nexus. Please think about porting One Tap Hero to Android.

5. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

We will definitely port One Tap Hero to Android, hope by the end of this year we can finish the porting work. We're currently working on the update and lite version now. :)

6. feng_ye

feng_ye Member

Dec 9, 2009
    Game Develoepr @Coconut Island Games
    We're aware of the performance issue of world 4, and the crash you mentioned in 4-20. Thanks!

However can you provide more information on EX4-2 crash? Like how does it happen(every time enter the level? or random?)

Thanks for the help. We're trying our best to fix those issues in the next update!

7. TinkyWinky

TinkyWinky Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    BBC Studio
    #107 TinkyWinky, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
    Loving the game but crashes are annoying.Update doesn't help.
    EDIT:Everytime I restart level in second world it crashes.Please fix this.Iphone 3gs running 4.3.3

8. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    #108 Matt33, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
    I'll give you a run down of what happened for me just now testing the level out.
    1st: Crashed when the loading bar was full and level about to appear.
    2nd: Completed level, tapped Next to skip the score tally and it crashed.
    3rd: Died during the level, crashed just as character death animation finished.

The first two aren't frequent, I'm finding that it crashes most when trying to reset the level (after dying or tapping the reset arrow).

9. feng_ye

feng_ye Member

Dec 9, 2009
    Game Develoepr @Coconut Island Games
    Thank for the info! We are aware of the 3rd issue and should be addressed in the update after 1.0.2.

10. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    #110 Matt33, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
    These latest updates really helped with the performance on my device. I finally got to finish(perfect) the 4th world.

I'm thinking that the "Camper" achievement isn't working for me. I've tried:
    Standing still
    "Running" on the spot
    Hanging on a ledge
    Danger zone standing
    Pushing against an immovable stone
    Operating a stationary crank
    Even tried staying in the same spot on a ladder...

Also, I actually overthrew finalark's top score for world 1! Is it possible to check if the scores submitted by finalark and [JJF] came from jailbroken devices? I find them to be very impractical for the other 3 worlds.

11. Much
    Much
    Better on my new ipad after update.

The ipad retina graphics rock!!!

12. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Enjoy the game. :)

13. tronz

tronz Active Member

Sep 14, 2011
    tokyo
    ex3-4

Do you know how to solve ex3-4 anyone?

14. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Finished!

Good: Perfectly balanced auto runner with puzzles elements that others lack (at the time it was released), nice levels with goodies to collect to unlock extra challenging levels. The level design itself, the enemies presented, the interactive things... lots of charm and good taste overall.

Bad: Character movement, some animations and collisions looks weird, not very congruent. Sometimes sound acts weird too, disappearing and appearing at will. Some boss fights would have been nice.

Conclusion: One of the best auto runners to grace the iOS platform, along Polara, Bitless and Rayman Jungle Run (not in any particular order). Best of the best

Final Rating: 4.5 out of 5. Outstanding

15. Wen

Wen Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Co-Founder
    Shanghai, Stuttgart
    We'll add iPhone 5 suppport in next update.
    For those who still hesitaste to buy One Tap Hero, you can try it now: One Tap Hero Free is online, click here to download.

16. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

17. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Any word on when the iPhone 5 update will be submitted? I'm dying to play this one on the wider screen.

18. nemerleb

nemerleb Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    updated to newest iOS and the game just exits after the Chillingo logo. I'm on iPad mini with like 5 GB left and yes i rebooted it...is the prob comin from me?

19. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

I'm trying the free version and the game is lagging like crazy. There are times when it's literally freezing for a few seconds. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm on iPhone 4

20. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    I guess this got pulled from the App Store. A shame, it was a favorite.