Universal One Tap Hero™ - (by Chillingo Ltd)[Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 22, 2012.

1. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Any advice on the key in 1-9? I can't seem to jump high enough. =/

2. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    You have to jump from that last platform to the spring instead of just walking off it. Jump too late though and you'll miss the spring...

3. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Thank you kind sir!!! =)

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Halfway through Laputa and I can honestly say some of the level design still surprises me. :)

5. Wen

Wen Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Co-Founder
    Shanghai, Stuttgart
    #65 Wen, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  6. Wen

Wen Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Co-Founder
    Shanghai, Stuttgart
    Anyone has difficulty to get 3 stars in 4-1?:D

7. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    On level ex1-2, the portal that leads to the big coin doesnt work, any tips?

8. .THOTH.

.THOTH. Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Credit counselor :(
    Tacoma, WA
    Hi TheFrost, here's how I did it;
    when you start, jump over the trampoline so you land on the breakable platforms, continue so you turn around and then jump with just the right amount of power so you land on the ledge below right by the purple portal. This will take you to the top where you'll head left breaking more platforms, keep heading left till you turn around and then once you reach the edge, jump as high as you can and you'll fall down to hit another purple portal. this will take you to the big coin,
    hope this helps!

9. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    So how is this? Read the review but still undecided. Would be great if someone could post impressions

10. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Some folks have already posted impressions. OTH is really excellent! If you have any interest in this style of game, pick it up and you will not be disappointed. Then post impressions here ;-)

11. amazing game!

easy control but full of challenge if you want to collect all the stars.
    funny avatar!
    BTW, the music is really awesome. i like the SFX of the little hero. maybe you should make some toy of the hero :rolleyes:

sk

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Oh, it's a fantastic, fantastic game that deserves every single 4.5/5 stars it got in the TA review. Trust me when I say the only way to experience how truly great this is, is by actually playing it.

13. Janni

Janni Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    #74 Janni, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
    just to understand the game:

is the girl getting gingerbreadified by an evil wizard and you have to get her back to "dough"? :D

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Haha, somewhat...she's a regular girl and is being turned into a teddy bear.

3-starred all of Laputa (plus the 5 bonus rounds) and tried out the first level of the third set...LOVE where this is going.

Also: "You've got red on you" as an achievement...brilliant! Would anyone like... a peanut? ;)

15. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I've tried and tried... but the game keeps crashing on my 4th gen touch...

tried clearing my multitasking bar, doing a soft and hard reset, deleted and re-installed the game... no luck.

I'm running it on iOS 5.1, NOT jailbroken...

Hope the update fixes this. =o/

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yeah, I've reset too and it still crashes on iPhone 4. That said, there's a post a few pages back saying an update will fix this.

17. K76

K76 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 12, 2010
    Cowtown, Texas
    Is the music in the trailer featured anywhere in the game?

18. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    This looks great, I'll give a try a little later when I have more free time. It reminds me a lot of Wind Up Knight without the wind up feature which I felt really hurt that game as it reduced exploration or the option to be creative. From Sanuku's video (thanks man!), this game doesn't seem to suffer that same issue while also adding a ton of gameplay elements. Got me very interested!
    Also, if you like this type of game, be sure to try the great (and free) Project 83113. What an underrated gem that game is. Really loved it.

19. Essex

Essex Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    I gotta say this game is just plain fun. I agree with the general sentiments expressed here that videos do not do this game justice. You have to play in real life to "get it". The controls are responsive, the levels are very well-designed and the main character's animations are charming. This game just keeps surprising me with its level design :) Great job devs!

I'd also like to request that the outfit you have equipped be displayed on the title screen. I feel like the devs could add several new outfits in future updates. Personally, I'm rocking the Ninja outfit ;)