Universal One More Brick [Rifter Games]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ob1cat, Nov 17, 2016.

1. ob1cat

ob1cat Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Male
    That's the one I was telling you about that had the leveling system and stuff, Monster Breaker Hero. I personally found it quite boring for the lack of challenge and less reactive than the alternatives so uninstalled after playing several levels but I imagine some people might prefer it.

2. BrickBreaker

BrickBreaker New Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Question/Suggestion

Q: What does the 'double-hit' ball do? All the other custom balls are explained pretty well.

Suggestion: Would love to see an amount cleared/multiplier somewhere on the screen. If I achieve 20 hits with 20 balls, would be 1x. If I achieve 100, would be 5x. Maybe award a gold star for each new record high multiplier?

3. ob1cat

ob1cat Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Male
    You're right some ball descriptions may not be clear enough. The Double Hit balls have a small chance to hit a brick twice instead of once (1 every 15 times approx). In other words, you have a chance to take 2 hitpoints from a brick with just one impact from a Double Hit ball.

Thanks for the suggestion, it's a good idea, the main problem I see is that we want to keep the UI as simple as possible, it could maybe added as an optional setting, we'll take it into consideration :)

4. BrickBreaker

BrickBreaker New Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Finally understanding the double-hit ball, I would describe it as underwhelming and far too expensive for its utility. With the speed of standard gameplay, would the average player even notice that a brick was hit twice?

My suggestion here would be to replace it with a ball that interacts with the lasers. Nearly every other non-brick game board element (death/split/rebound) has a special ball, but the lasers do not. Perhaps the laser ball makes all lasers fire both vertical and horizontally?

Love the game! Thx for making it.

5. ob1cat

ob1cat Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Male
    I like your idea about the lasers, we will add a new laser ball on the next update :)

Thanks for the feedback!

6. negativepitch

negativepitch New Member

Jul 12, 2017
    SharePoint
    Atlanta
    Any concept of a leaderboard?

I'm really enjoying this app, it's one of the only mobile games I've truly become addicted to. I've recently obtained a personal best score of 441 and was disappointed to find that there really isn't a place where people are logging their high score. Is the ability to share scores something that might be coming down the pipeline? Thanks!

[​IMG]

7. ob1cat

ob1cat Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Male
    Wow! That's a great score, my highest is lower :DWell, there's Game Center integration were you can see the public Leaderboards. You need to give the game access to Game Center and then you can access the Leaderboards via the Leaderboards button. Is that what you were looking for?

8. ob1cat

ob1cat Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Male
    We are currently looking for Beta testers that want to help us test new One More Brick releases before they are rolled out and may want to give us feedback and/or find potential bugs. If you are interested please reply here or contact us at support[at]riftergames.com. Thanks!!!

9. LiquiDAciD

LiquiDAciD New Member

Nov 24, 2017
    Hmm i made my improvements lately. Finally hit level 1337. But for some reason the game gets quite slow when youre at this point. It would be helpful to be able to change to the fast balls (i hit exit on lvl 810 to find out that it meant leave the game).

Attached Files:

10. LiquiDAciD

LiquiDAciD New Member

Nov 24, 2017
    Happy new year! Any updates on faster than the going faster button? One level takes a few minutes now xD

Attached Files:

11. spaich711

spaich711 New Member

Jun 25, 2018
    Female
    Hi there! Is there a reason that the game was updated to remove the emergency blue bouncers that appear if your ball doesn't hit a block for a long time? It's frustrating to have to hit the button to end the round before all the bricks are gone just because my ball is stuck in a horizontal loop.