Universal One More Brick [Rifter Games]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ob1cat, Nov 17, 2016.

1. L4dyJuRk3v

L4dyJuRk3v Member

May 9, 2012

The big one is great! Btw I'm totally in love with your game, congratulations on the amazing work! The only problem is I can't stop playing #

2. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    #22 Ijipop, Nov 27, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
    I think this game is a near perfect one-hand time killer....
    way better than the original, in my opinion.

There is definitly something fun to see a hundred little balls bouncing around!

Congrats dev!

3. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Ok I'm really enjoying it - it's a shame the only iap is a consumable one - was there one to remove ads and remove the stars for buying continues then I'dbe buying

4. Grist

Grist Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2008
    VP of Marketing
    Massachusetts
    Misleading iAP

I paid 99 cents with the expectation (based on playing countless other iOS games) that my purchase would remove all the ads. It didn't, and this will be reflected in my App Store review. This game is merely another clone of this game's genre, not worthy of all the posts in this forum.

5. ob1cat

ob1cat Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Male
    I've just read this and wanted to reply asap. The Remove Ads IAP should remove the interstitial ads that appear on result screen as well as the banner ads (bottom). It doesn't remove the optional rewarded ads to get extra stars or continue a game because that is something you may still be interested on doing.

The description on the IAP to Remove Ads on the AppStore is the following not to cause any confusion:

If this isn't the case and you are still seeing non optional interstitial or banner ads that is a big problem and I'll investigate and fix immediately and apologize for it.

If you are only being offered optional rewarded ads, you may argue that you would also want unlimited stars (on Remove Ads purchase) and thus make the optional rewarded video ads unncessary and removable. I don't think a majority of games that offer you an option to remove ads give you also unlimited coins/stars. I'm sorry you were expecting something else but I'm not sure what to do to improve this.

6. Grist

Grist Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2008
    VP of Marketing
    Massachusetts
    I apologize to the developer

When I wrote my previous post about not seeing the ads removed when I paid 99 cents for additional stars (which I had assumed would have the added benefit of removing ads), I had failed to notice there is an option on the settings page to pay for removing ads.

I was wrong to criticize the developer for not providing an ad removal option. In case there may be other players who are as pathetically unobservant as I have proven to be, it might be a good idea for the developer to make it clear (with a line of text in the game) that paying for additional stars will not result in removal of ads.

Also, I was wrong to be so dismissive in my prior post about the quality of this game. The more I play, the more I enjoy it, and the graphical quality is superior to the other games of this genre.

7. pseudoart

pseudoart Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Omg, this game just swallowed 3 hours in an blink of an eye. Super addictive!

8. ob1cat

ob1cat Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Male
    Thank you, I appreciate it. I'll evaluate what can be done to avoid other people getting confused. Maybe trying to squish the Remove Ads IAP in the Shop or modifying the description of the Coin packs IAPs, I don't know, I'll have a think.

9. ob1cat

ob1cat Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Male
    Yeah, imagine my problem while developing it! My productivity dropped to 0 the moment the gameplay was in place :D

Hey, thanks a lot!

You can remove ads (except optional rewarded video ads) from Settings menu. As I've explained in a previous post there's no IAP that both removes ads and gives you unlimited stars.

Just be careful when using on the toilet!

10. nini

nini Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Could any purchases for consumables automatically remove ads? Would reduce some of the issues with the UX by making any IAP remove ads.

11. TheGodless

TheGodless Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Maybe I'm just also unobservant or the store needs some work on ot. As it is, I'm only seeing 1 - 100 coin ball to purchase and then I see the ability to pay for continues at the end of the game. Do the different balls actually do anything differently or do they just have the obvious cosmetic changes? If they don't, they seem hardly worthy of coin purchases. Other than using some of the coins to buy additional continues and it not taking much effort to save up enough coins or earn them watching videos to buy a continue or two, I'm not sure that there is enough reason to buy additional coins and that, because of that, the dev is going to make much money from the sale of coins. If the balls do something different, I think it would make us more likely to spend coins on them if the dev would show all of the balls, explain what they do, and make the costs of the balls based on how cool they look or how powerful they are. It would also give us more reason to use coins if the dev would add other cosmetic changes than can be purchased like different block and background designs.

Also, I really must implore the dev to permanently add the speed up button. People that don't like it can just ignore it and those of us who are impatient or need something to do while the balls are doing their thing will be happy being able to reduce our wait for the next shot and the entire length of the game. Starting from the #1 block and getting to the #100 block ttakes a good chunk of time to play. Giving us the ability to speed up the game would also result in more games being played and more coins being used. It seems like a win/win to me.

12. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    This game has that "one more go" quality.

I should be asleep, but... one more go.

Guess the title is appropriate.

13. Remote_

Remote_ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 26, 2011
    UK
    No one else has played BB Tan on here then? Haven't seen any mention of it but this is virtually identical.

14. ob1cat

ob1cat Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Male
    Yes, I talk about BBTAN and Swipe Brick Breaker (which is the first game to use this mechanics) similarities on the first comment inside main post :)

15. ob1cat

ob1cat Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Male
    Yes, some balls have special abilities, you can have a look by browsing them inside the Balls menu and check their properties even if they are still locked

16. Remote_

Remote_ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 26, 2011
    UK
    Somehow missed that. Apologies.

17. ob1cat

ob1cat Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Male
    Un update has been pushed to the AppStore with the following changes:
    - Added option to invert Controls in Settings menu
    - New special sounds and visuals for special balls
    - +1 visual when picking ball item
    - Tweaks and adjustments
    - Bug fixes

Regarding the IAPs I'll wait to gather some more data. Currently the most popular IAP is Remove Ads.

18. nini

nini Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2012
    I'd like to see some minor additions like starting from a given level such as 60 or 70 without needing to keep a checkpoint going and being able to see where it might bounce next while lining up a shot.

19. ob1cat

ob1cat Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Male
    Ball Editor

Next version (will be sent to review tomorrow due to Apple Christmas freeze) features a Ball Editor that allows creating custom balls by configuring skin, speed, radius as well as up to 2 different skills from balls that have already been unlocked.

20. TheGodless

TheGodless Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    I just found two other games (ArkaKnights and Monster Breaker Hero) that are in this new aim and shoot brick breaker style and I thought that, if you didn't already know about them, you might be interested in them and others for sure would be. They are like what I had mentioned in one of my earlier posts with regards to them being brick breaking games overlaid with a fantasy RPG and more depth with leveling up and special abilities. I think both games are from the same dev, but the RPG elements are set up differently in each game. Both are a blast to play though.