Universal One Finger Death Punch II (by Doublethink Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Deckard74

Deckard74 Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2012
    My apologies, I thought I'd quoted DisturbingUK's earlier post regarding the fact that the screen is completely blank when you try to load up the first level. This seems confined to the Ipad Air 2 model and sadly I don't have an Iphone so I'm unable to play on tablet. What's really galled me is the fact that the developers have stated on their App Store that my Ipad is compatible with the game which is an outright lie.

Also, the fact that they insinuated that survival towers were included is somewhat shady. I'll be demanding a refund directly from them but based on previous comments they try and fob you off with asking you to update to IOS13 which I already was on and they will update: this was a comment on their review section from July 3rd!

2. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Two weeks ago I contacted the developer regarding a need for leaderboards and achievements. Never heard back. The game was updated...with leaderboards and achievements. Perhaps people who want the survival towers as advertised should email the developer as well. (Never saw the preview). Maybe they will be added in a future update if the game sells well. Demanding a refund from Apple will not help the developer.

3. Deckard74

Sep 15, 2012
    Thanks for your reply. The additions of leaderboards, achievements and the survival tower weren't my primary concern(s). My main gripe was with the fact that I can't play the game at all! They clearly state on their app store page that the Ipad Air 2 is compatible with this game and it clearly isn't. Without wanting to sound too pompous that is clear false advertising, surely you would be unhappy with this too? Anyway, I'll sit on it a couple of days to see if they shift their asses on this. I wouldn't mind so much if they were honest and upfront about the bug.

DonnyDJ76 likes this.
  4. DonnyDJ76

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    You’re correct. I read through your post above too quickly. Didn’t notice that re: Air 2. Hopefully they are working on a fix.

Also, I’d be upset if a game promised levels and there was only endless (vice versa). I know how it feels. Best of luck w the endless.

Deckard74 likes this.
  5. Deckard74

Sep 15, 2012
    Thanks bud and no need to apologise, I read through my post earlier and I could have made it clearer, I ran off from the survival tower into the Air 2 issue a little too haphazardly lol!

6. AggroMagnetGames

AggroMagnetGames Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Software developer
    Michigan, USA
    Anyone know how the game speed in this game (on iOS) can be manually changed?

On most platforms, evidently it's possible to change the game speed by using the +/- keys, or up/down on the d-pad.

The voiceover tutorial in the iOS version of the game also states that it is possible to change the game speed.

However, the aforementioned inputs are obviously not available in the iOS version. There is also no option in the game's Options screen to change the speed.

I've tried tapping and swiping on various places on the screen during a round in attempts to change the speed, but to no effect.

I have found that the game speed will decrease if I intentionally lose a round; however, I'd prefer to not go through a time-consuming process of repeatedly intentionally losing rounds in order to reduce the game speed.

Anyone know how to do this?

7. leokamiya

leokamiya Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2017
    I finished the game and from what I could gather the functionality to manually change the speed is not available right now on the iOS port. Don’t know if it’s whether due to not being implemented or just a simple lack of input on the interface. Here’s their support e-mail in case you want to get in touch:
    [email protected]

8. DonnyDJ76

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    I was able to complete all levels with 5 stars, but unfortunately not able to play those bonus levels. I get to the first level where there is a Peggle Shaped board. Attempting to play the level doesn’t work. Any help would be appreciated.

325 levels, perfect controls as well as timing. $1.99 premium.

9. DonnyDJ76

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    The PS4 and XBox One versions look and play extremely well.
    These versions have survival towers.

10. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    #50 anthony78, Nov 18, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    Survival mode added!!! Also on sale for $1.99.