Universal One Finger Death Punch II (by Doublethink Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Just 100% the first map - HOLY ADRENALINE RUSH!! Looks like there are 9 more maps based on the percentage of game completion now.

@anthony78 - Sorry, I don’t know if there’s a gauntlet mode in this game. Haven’t seen it so far...

2. runliketurtles

runliketurtles Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Hmm. In the PC version Gauntlet Mode is in the Other menu with Training mode and such.

3. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Screenshot on the App Store also says there are 4 Endless Towers but I haven’t found those either.

4. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Good day to you touch arcadians!

When I first saw this game I really wasn’t excited. I thought here is another stickman tap left tap right game.
    And it is.
    But damn I would have been a fool to let this one slide.

I gave it a try due to comments I red here.

So...
    Thanks a lot to ya’ll!!!

5. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    to be fair, this is the game that inspired all those other games.

i can’t play sadly, i get a black screen when opening the first level. stuck

6. Anotherkellydown

I was thrilled to learn One Finger Death Punch II received the TouchArcade Game of the Week honors. What a well written article by Jared! I’m always impressed by others’ abilities to convey what I’m thinking about games into words.

7. Disturbinguk

Disturbinguk Member

Apr 21, 2016
    im not alone on my iPad Air 2 just get a black screen but can hear the music on the first level. Got a developers response to update to iOS 13. Which I’d done ages ago

Deckard74 likes this.
  8. Tucker

Tucker Active Member

Nov 14, 2009
    But did it inspire Slay the Spire?

Ijipop likes this.
  9. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    my thoughts exactly, really wasn’t interested in this at all, but comments combined with game of the week made me take the plunge and I’m very very glad I did.

Ijipop likes this.
  10. TheSilveryWolf

TheSilveryWolf Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Absolutely incredible. I love the difficulty adjustments which make it not super frustrating or easy. The narration is perfection. There's plenty of content. I do wish there were other modes, and as I believe this is a PC port (?) it's a hit or miss on updates. Incredible fun. I almost never play fast-paced games, but the speed adjustment makes it far better than I expected. I really hope more modes come. Like survival?

11. TheSilveryWolf

TheSilveryWolf Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2015
    The developer confirmed,

"Please note that the Survival Towers are not yet in the game, but Double Think (the publisher) has told us that they will be in a future update."

Anotherkellydown likes this.
  12. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    I do need cloud sync

13. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2016
    Male
    Game Developer
    this is like the old xiao xiao flash animations i watched in high school! awesome. will check the first one out too.

14. Anotherkellydown

The new update added leaderboards and achievements as well as some nice menu UI changes.

I’m still playing this daily trying to 5 star all the levels. One of my favorite iOS games of the year.

DonnyDJ76 and metalcasket like this.
  15. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Still no survival towers. :(

16. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    #36 DonnyDJ76, Jul 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    Excellent game. Probably 285 levels or so. Premium, leaderboards, achievements. This is beyond a steal.

Edit: It looks like there are 320 levels. The top person on the leaderboards has 1600 stars.

17. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    I want this game to support iCloud

18. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    And I want the survival towers!

19. Deckard74

Deckard74 Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2012
    I'm experiencing the same issue here, IOS fully updated too. There doesn't seem to be any point in pursuing this as the devs don't seem hot on the case. Warning to prospective buyers!:- do not purchase this game as it is being sold under false advertising.

20. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Not sure if you are referring to the survival towers, but yeah, it was initially in the description and screenshots. But noticed they changed it and removed the screenshots.

Kind of crappy that they did that after the fact. I really wanted the survival towers as that’s probably one of the best part of these games to me is seeing how far you can get.

Emailed the dev and they never responded. Hoping the earlier post that mentioned they are adding it is true.