Universal One Deck Dungeon (by Handelabra Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, May 24, 2018.

1. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Finally picked this up but am a bit confused on one thing. The tutorial makes it sound like you can use multiple die to cover a block but the only ones it seems to work on are those larger two block ones. If it’s a 5 and I try to place a 4 and a 1, it doesn’t accept them. Does it always have to be an exact match with one die for those?

2. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Yes. The amount of dice you can place on any given tile is indicated by the size of the tile. Als you need to match the colour of the dice to the tile. Though black dice can go in any tile.

3. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Thanks!

4. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Oh and another thing, some tiles must be completed before any other tiles can be started. I forget how it’s indicated as I haven’t played in a while.

5. ChristianGamer

May 20, 2019
    Male
    This game is going universal in two days!!

6. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Ugh wish this was out now!

7. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Ugh. Saw the thread bumped and thought it was. :)

8. ChristianGamer

May 20, 2019
    Male
    Lol, just one more day.

9. andsoitgoes

It’s out!!!

Trying to fix it so that it won’t charge me again tho. That’s a bit of a PITA, I tried my usual technique of trying to purchase it but I’m anxious, I’m sure it WONT but it’s still popping up to pay and it’s not in my purchase history.

Edit: rolled the dice, downloading now! Would sure prefer it to give me a heads up before committing to a friggin purchase.

10. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    #50 anthony78, May 23, 2019
    Last edited: May 23, 2019
    So did it charge you?

Edit: as mentioned below, it does not charge

andsoitgoes likes this.
  11. tipsy

tipsy Member

May 1, 2018
    I bought the game an hour ago on iPad - it's on sale for it's cheapest price yet.
    When the update hit, I went to install it on my phone, and got the notification that I was going to be charged.
    When you accept, it tells you it's free because it's in your download history. Phew!

andsoitgoes likes this.
  12. andsoitgoes

Exactly. No charge!

But goodness I am so bad at this game. Is that intentional at least at the start? I sure hope so!

13. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    I'm shocked (pleasantly) at how well this plays on the small screen. No problem at all. I've had this on my iPad from day one. Now the iPhone. Next comes Steam, I suppose. Of course, I have the cardboard game too. ;)
    Spectacular game and conversion.

14. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #54 stubbieoz, May 23, 2019
    Last edited: May 23, 2019
    I had the iPad version already installed from when it was originally released.
    Like you I checked out the iPhone version and it had the full price showing and I had to authorise payment.
    And also, like you, when I accepted it I had an anxious moment till it said it was a free download...... Phew as well!
    I wish the App Store didn’t do that. I am getting too old and could have a heart attack at any moment. :eek:

Just wanted to post this in case others were in a similar position and concerned about hitting that buy button.

15. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
  16. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm totally debating getting this. I haven't really played any dice games before but this looks like a good game with lots of longevity. However some people said it gets repetitive while others said they thought it had a lot of replayability. I suppose it just depends on the person.

17. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Think there’s a bug on iPhone at least. When I am trying to use a mana potion, I get a pop up that says “disregard 0 dice”. And it won’t let me do anything at all on the screen. Can’t select a die. Won’t let me use any button (on any of the screens for that matter).

Only thing I can do is close the whole app. Also doesn’t seem to be saving a few of the die I had already placed from skills on the board after force closing it in this scenario.

18. StratAll

StratAll Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2009
    #58 StratAll, May 24, 2019
    Last edited: May 24, 2019
    Bought it. The game itself plays great on an iPhone XR, but had it crash twice now after defeating the dragon with the paladin and I really want to assign those pips! :(

19. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    The adaptation is stellar so I bought the expansion - thanks Handelabra!

I think that the different versions don’t sync though, so progress on one device isn’t available on the other? That’s a bit of a shame, but Handelabra always do such a good job so I’m surprised by this (or being a numpty)

20. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    I can't find where to buy the IAP in this game. Anyone know?