On my soap box.....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by sjleworthy, Mar 9, 2009.

1. sjleworthy

sjleworthy Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    3D & Architectural Artist
    Cardiff, Wales, UK
    Just a small rant....

A) I hate the way peeps give an obviouse five star rated game in the App Store a single star and a poor review just because it crashes on them. This should not be a reason to give low rating. Get over it. I suspect the problem is on your side and not the games.

B) Also in the App Store, some peeps accidently give a single star rating whilst giving a rave review. Please go back and edit your star rating you muppets.

Both these point must really piss off developers.

Ok, rant over. Normal service resumed.

:)

2. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    I also don't understand why people can't simply reboot or reset their idevices when they say "It doesn't play or load up" They could also delete and re-synch which would probably work. Why even bother to rate it if you didn't actually play it? Oh well, the practice is going to continue.

3. Armbruster

Armbruster Well-Known Member

Not everybody is smart. Half the reviewers are 12 year olds, and their mommy or daddy bought them an iPod for Christmas.

4. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    This is true

5. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    B is just as much Apple's fault as the poster's. The proper way to do something like that is to leave the star rating blank and just force the user to choose one when they save if they haven't already. But, we all know how much Apple cares about user friendliness (only 9 pages, cough, cough).