Universal Omber (by Zarista Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by swisssk8er1, Jun 18, 2015.

1. evilabdy

evilabdy Well-Known Member

Excellent can't wait to find that area

2. Catacomber

Catacomber Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    http://www.zaristagames.com/
    NYC
    #142 Catacomber, Jul 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
    You get there from a cave entrance by the water in Dead Sailors' Boneyard. : ) And from Mirl's Grotto you can dive deeper down to Davey's Diving Hole. Poor Davey, he lost a squid tentacle in a fight with a giant whale. Maybe you can help him. : )

Since he lives at the bottom of the ocean, I'm sure he gets a lot of great stuff as flotsam and jetsam and maybe he has a nice prize for you. : )

3. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #143 Catacomber, Jul 14, 2015
    Yes, it's good for us all. : ) He's a very good graphician. And he taught me so much about making games--working with him on the Quest from early days---so I'm happy to continue working with him. And his graphics are imho stunning.

His shop graphics for example in Omber are simply beautiful--the Armorer's Shop.

Attached Files:

4. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    The promo code wasn't a gift; it seems as if you wanted postive feedback regardless of the quality of your product. There are some well-informed, educated, experienced gamers on this site (not as many as in the past...but I digress)-if you want free publicity, purchase an ad banner. This is a gaming commuinty, honesty os the only thing which makes these forums valuable.

5. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #145 Catacomber, Jul 14, 2015
    And Lady Lavender's jewelry shop.

Lavender is from this forum--we got talking and lo and behold--she has her shop. She'll be happy to sell you gems and jewelry that will enhance your stats and make your inventory gleam with her bedazzling objects.

If anybody knows Sylon's graphics work from Legacy--that might be a little far back for people here--sadly it never got ported to ios---or the Quest which is on ios--you can get a good price on the Quest Gold which includes the base game and the Official Expansion and our (Zarista's) HOLI --we made 12 more expansions--- : )

You can see he's at the top of his game. : )

Attached Files:

6. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #146 Catacomber, Jul 14, 2015
    @Greyskull--no we're open to comments that are positive or negative--it's just that I had a few days around that time of little sleep. Very, very little sleep. I've tried to respond here and in the update to every comment that suggested an improvement. But in a humanly weak moment, I posted a comment that if I'd had more sleep, I would not have posted. It's an old comment and the commentee already forgave me. : )

I'm not sure why you're digging up an old post but consider all the good comments in this thread that have followed.

I notice you don't actually have anything negative to say about our game. : )

If there's actually something you'd like me to change or do differently, let's talk about it.

We've had really good feedback and some criticisms which I hope we dealt with in the update. Forgive me for my weakness and enjoy the game. Or let me know what you'd like to see in our next game. : )

I think the quality of our product is very good. : ) And with the update, it's gotten better.

Touch Arcade does have a lot of experienced gamers and I value their comments. I've tried to respond, especially in the update. Don't fault me for a moment of weakness. We all have them. We all have nights when we get little sleep and the next night and the next night. : ) We are all human with human faces behind our internet presence, so we can have feelings, and be hurt in a moment. And respond in a moment. But very rarely have I had those moments because generally I don't have a sleep deficit. And for the one I did have I sincerely apologized and the apology was accepted.

That makes us more human and real and passionate, doesn't it? We hope we made it better in the update in response to people's comments here.

Right now it's eight hours past my bedtime. So am going to get some good sleep time in.

I've been in this forum for many years. Not a new comer. I value it very much. I have at least thirteen other game threads here for thirteen other games : ) I had a moment of saying something when I had absolutely no sleep for a long while--balance that with all my comments over many years here and over many years of making games and answering questions about those games for the people all over the world who have enjoyed them.
    : )

and I never really had any problems. Most people have enjoyed our games. I've always been open to thoughts and comments.

And will be even more open to thoughts when we do betatesting of our new game Nine Dragons, the first in a trilogy.

7. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    OMG thatÂ’s gorgeous graphics.....

8. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #148 Catacomber, Jul 14, 2015
    Thanks. We're really looking forward to his graphics for Nine Dragons. It takes place in ancient China.

We made Mithril Horde I and II Quest expansions with Redshift that took place in Indonesia. We had a very good quest cowriter from Indonesia for those games, Lord Yuz.

I loved learning a lot about Indonesian mythology for those games and about the monsters.

Now learning Chinese stories. :)

9. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    What I also liked about making some of our Quest expansions and something I'd like to continue is that we had so much input from our players not just for items but for quests and puzzles. We had people from all over the world contributing something of themselves to the game. We had teenage girls from Indonesia writing quests that let them tell a story that was important to them. There are so many parts of our games that are not just us but the wider community.

10. Lokina

Lokina Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    When I play a game, I play a game, get involved, not spend ages looking for problems. I have played Wizzards Island and Omber and thoroughly enjoyed them both. Now I might not be a 'proper gamer' and I can see some help might be very nice for the game creator, constructive criticism, absolutely fine in my opinion, but destructive criticism! Why? I'll say this yet again because I am beginning to feel sorry for Cat, I have played these games end to end and had fun. I thought in my innocence that that was what gaming was all about. I am greatly looking forward to playing Nine Dragons too. I say well done Cat, thanks for making games for players like me.

11. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #151 Catacomber, Jul 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
    Omber had some growing pains as many new games do. We hope we addressed them in the update. We're working on the next update that involves a more Skyrim first person view of the hands and weapons. I really like that first person view.

That is not going to be an instantaneous update because am interested in making a different view not only for melee attacks but also for spells.

If anyone has issues with gameplay now after the last update, please let me know. I welcome your comments as we're also working on porting our games to other platforms. And if you really think I welcome only positive comments, look at all my posts going back to 2009 is it? Many years of posting here and responding to comments of various kinds. : )

Six years to be exact. I have 1,088 posts. : )

@whoever said something about we're seeking free advertising--I don't know what you mean. I've posted comments and answered questions and responded to player's comments about our over 13 games for many years here. I also track our sales and they have absolutely nothing to do with any posts here of any kind. They are more tied into things Apple does. You piqued my curiosity to check that out and it was extremely interesting.

@lokina--don't feel sorry for me--I'm very proud of Omber and as a parent, I know the internet and the Orcs that sometimes just feel they want to say something .. well..Orcish. It is Orcs, isn't it? Or is it Dragons with big, fiery breaths. I'm not a little kid who's going to commit suicide because someone said their icon might look, to them, pixelated. Think about that you icon taunting people. What if I were a little kid? Not that I'd be able to understand what "pixelated" means if I were a little kid. And there were a few Orcish posts here that got deleted because they were truly Orcish. So why would I want to put a banner ad up here? Hmmm? I'll consider it though.

It's a little bit sad that dragons and orcs no longer really exist, except in the world of gaming. : )

In any event, I'd like to gather any comments for our next update. : ) If there are no comments, that's good. Working on the update. : )

I've held off posting about Omber on Facebook or Twitter until I was sure the comments players here had about our initial launch were satisfied...so now I can do that, right? : ) Or let me know. : )

And if anyone wants me to commit suicide over my icon or over what I said in a tired, weak moment here, go ahead. Most people know me for what I am and for my games that I'm very proud of.

12. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #152 Catacomber, Jul 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
    Oh for a peaceful thread. : )

13. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    So now what I'm really here about.

Does anybody want anything in the next update? : )

14. dhammerer

dhammerer Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Just give me a heads up the next time you update if I'll lose my save file.

The update is very good. I don't know if Skyrim ever had a first person view of the shield that worked but good luck with that.

Maybe just have the weapon and shield show in battle.

15. qdiddy

qdiddy Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2014
    Alright, your attitude prompted me to come back here. Accusations of cyber bullying need to be taken seriously in the community, whether or not they are valid.

@Catacomber, you are a pot stirrer. You're attitude lashes out at anyone who doesn't immediately give your game a five star review. I didn't buy it, but I have read the thread and seen the screenshots, and let me tell you that it is a three star game at best. You are undeserving of these five star reviews because, judging from the forum thread, it is an unpolished mess of sloppy texture work and poor design choices.

Something is seriously wrong with the thread here. A majority of the five star reviews are no more than three sentences long and offer no context to their praise. Furthermore, a majority of the reviewers are junior members, which set off some red flags with me. @Lokina has only been seen on threads about YOUR games, Catacomber, which, to go along with the drone-like praise that follows every post Lokina makes, affects your credibility.

As for the promo codes, those are meant as a chance for forum members to test and review your game when they are posted in the TA forums. You're lucky you got any feedback at all because what usually happens is the people just take them and leave, without even a thank you.

In conclusion, I am appalled by your attitude on these forums. It's abrasive and it is not building up the community, it is tearing it down a bit. So I will ask for an attitude adjustment. Please respect the forum members for their contributions, hell, if you make friends, some of them might even help code for you. Find ways to bring this community closer together rather than push it apart. Thank you.

Ps. On a personal note, hold back on the smiley faces. They're making me cringe so much I'm getting a headache.

16. dhammerer

dhammerer Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Why make this forum a hateful place? Like you are doing?

What does it do for you? It seems you are just adding to the cyber bullying pot.

You didn't buy the game and you have something to say about it?

17. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #157 Catacomber, Jul 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
    Nothing I've said here has been anything to disrupt the forum.

I've been here for a long time.

18. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #158 Catacomber, Jul 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
    I'd like a peaceful, orderly thread.

19. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    And getting back to my original question--what would you like to see in the next update? : )

20. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    LOL @qdiddy calling Cat a pot stirrer, really?

Here's a non-junior member chiming in on these being good role playing games. Yes, the game engine is not going to compete with an AAA title, but the story is on par or better than most. If you look at her work for The Quest, you will see a lot of good storytelling and gameplay, and that is reflected here. It's a bit of work jumping from using an existing game engine to rolling your own. IMHO, if this game was rendered using something akin to Strife I'd still enjoy it.

@Catacomber: What I really need is more time to play! :eek: