Universal Omber (by Zarista Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by swisssk8er1, Jun 18, 2015.

1. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yep i do think the walking speed it too slow, i was hoping there was a 'run' button but if generally you moved a 'bit' quicker it would really help

2. Catacomber

Catacomber Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    http://www.zaristagames.com/
    NYC
    Will see if I can find a cash machine sound. :) That sounds like fun. I'm glad you're getting to like it. Will get out the polish and work on as many of those things as I can. I might even be able to come up with a Run button but that might be one update after the next as I think improving the speed will help. Have a lot of changes for the next update which we are working on now. Thanks for your help.

3. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    Have already increased the speed for next update. Thanks. Will see what I can do about a Run button for update after next.

We have someone with a lot of experience with ORK and Unity who has volunteered to help us. His name is Kaemalux and he is more of a wizard than I with certain things, especially the GUI and some old-school feeling and has suggested some really nice improvements. I won't list them now but as they get put in will let you know. thanks.

4. swisssk8er1

swisssk8er1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 12, 2011
    #84 swisssk8er1, Jun 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
    In the room you get to by going through the pipe, should I be worried if an enemy glitches so that I can't kill it? One of the eyes escaped outside the combat area and I can't attack it. Is there a reward for clearing that room or is it just for leveling?

Edit: It's also happening in a lot of the other combat rooms.

5. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    It's just for leveling. But I will see what I can do about that by making the whole level a combat area and not just a small area.

6. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Along with moving the position of the shield, I would move the weapons up so they are more visible. Like how the weapons are held in skyrim.

7. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    I really like how the weapons are held in Skyrim first person view. I think,we can do that. :). Thanks.

8. Kaemalux

Kaemalux Active Member

Jul 13, 2012
    GP Doctor
    Honored to be mentioned. :)

I will try to do the best to improve every player's experience in Omber!

About criticism, they are always welcomed: even if we have different point of views listening to others' opinion is surely the best way to deliver a nice final product. Cat is an exquisite person and even she could have appeared a bit harsh in some reply it is only because she does love this game and she is totally proud of it. But this doesn't mean she doesn't want to improve your experience, in fact we discussed the whole day about issues faced by TA Community while playing, and even if someone could have not agreed some of her post, in the shadow she was already working on an update for your pleasure. :)

I hope you will enjoy modifications she will soon update, and if there something you would change, just write it, if you can't be helped on this product, we will surely think about it next games!

Have a nice day! ^_^

9. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #89 Catacomber, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
    Even though Elsa's post is a little off topic, I'll answer as best I can. We only recently started making games with Unity. For over seven years we made at last thirteen expansions for the Quest. While an old game, it still has good sales and many players who are addicted to the game and replay it.

There is a link in all of our expansions to my website and most Quest and its expansion players go there because, as with Omber, the complete quest lists are there as well as numerous maps, guides and spoilers.

Some people go there because of the Minecraft threads. You can see how many legitimate views the threads have.

I never really paid attention but I know sometimes there are as few as 89 guests and sometimes more. Many of those are bots and many of those are spammers. You don't have to be registered to view or visit the site.

We have players from all over the world at different times of the day and night from different time zones. I get many emails still from people playing our expansions. Redshift by the way has plans of porting those to Steam and there is a big demand for that and an Android version so the interest is still lively.

Thanks, Kaemalux. I agree we should stay on topic but wanted to explain that. :)

10. Lokina

Lokina Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    I go on to Cat's site quite often as I have played a few quest games...and, not being a brilliant gamer, often need to look at help pages. I think a lot of viewers like me go there. It's a nice friendly site as far as I can see. that's where I learned about Wizzards Island.

11. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    I think the counter is genuine, but I think we should stay on topic, no? : ) It's hot here. A good day to cool off and play games.

: ) Or update them. We're working hard on the update for Omber.

12. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=264485][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264318][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264515][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264391][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264151][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264331][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264460][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264335][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264345][​IMG][/thread]

Omber

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

June 18th, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo

13. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    The posts at our website support the visitor counter and there is always activity---I go there at least once a day to answer questions and reply to pms. And to visit the hidden forums for quest editor users.

I wouldn't mind a vacation but it's a long way off. : )

14. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    Please vote for our game if you like it. That's quite thrilling. : )

15. Lokina

Lokina Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    Congratulations!

Congratulations on being nominated Cat! Omber is a fun game that I have enjoyed playing. Very well done!
    May I. As someone with no bone to pick wish you success.
    :) :) :)

16. barefootdragon

barefootdragon Well-Known Member

May 21, 2015
    Well said.

17. mugatu224

mugatu224 New Member

Jun 24, 2015
    Loved The Quest. Only played a little of this so far. Enjoying it -- will be able to say more after I get a little gameplay in.

Suggestion: timer on talking to NPCs (1-3 seconds may be good). Definitely needed when trying to move away from the NPC -- often end up talking to them again instead of moving.

Good stuff

18. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #98 Catacomber, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
    Thanks. We're working on that. Would you prefer an Interact button instead of just colliding with objects if it would help? In other words, when you approach an object that has something for you, whether a dialogue, a choice of teleporting, an item, you see a gloved hand-- your hand. :) And you have to choose whether to tap the hand or not? It might help. Will see if we can add a timer. That sounds like a great solution.

EDIT: We've found a way to help with this that is like a oounter. : ) Thanks.

We'd like to add some new weapons. : ) Was looking at Skyrim. : )

[​IMG]

19. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #99 Catacomber, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
    Because the Omber is an alternate dimension, we can do a lot with it in a sequel, although we're working on a new game right now involving dragons. : )

A lot of odd characters wind up in the Omber by falling through some hole or dimensional destabilizer--there's Cleopatra's Needle, poor Jelly Fingers, Lady Justinia and an assortment of other alternate citizens.

All waiting for you to help them out. Don't forget you get a prize for completing a certain number of quests and gaining Reputation points. There's a statue in one of the woods that will give you that prize.

And if you have some Crime points on your head, well, you might go to the equiv of jail. : )

Yay! I think we got the colliding more than once--trigger solved.

20. mugatu224

mugatu224 New Member

Jun 24, 2015
    The interaction icon seems like a good idea as well. Timer may be a little easier to implement, however.

Always have been fond of your work on The Quest. Story driven, dialogue heavy RPGs are hard to come by -- especially good ones. I'm not a slave to expensive graphics, so I always get my moneys worth with your work. Good to see you taking on new projects and staying active. Good luck!