Universal Omber (by Zarista Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by swisssk8er1, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Lokina

Lokina Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    Omber

I am playing as a mage because I love the magical elements, still have to look for those Easter Eggs!

2. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013

My problem exactly with this. Im just tapping blindly, not sure who am I targetting/how switch targets, what icons do or am i even close enough.

3. barefootdragon

barefootdragon Well-Known Member

May 21, 2015
    This is a really good game.

4. Catacomber

Catacomber Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    http://www.zaristagames.com/
    NYC
    @barefootdragon--Thanks. :) Please leave us a review.

@Duke12--you will target the monster that is closest to you and the monster closest to you will attack you. :) it most often will look at you and fire back. A message should pop up saying something like Duke12 uses Blast on Somes'Eye. The first icon is whatever weapon you have equipped. Second is spell Blast. Third is spell Poison. Fourth spell is Root's spell--Root is your Entish pal. Next game I'll add more spells-- wanted to keep things stable.

5. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    I see, thanks.

6. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    Here is a hint. The names of some books give a hint where there is something special. In Brightly Village there's a burning flame. And Liz sells a book called Brightly. Read the book. Visit the flame. :)

That's as heavy a hint as I can give you. :)

7. Lokina

Lokina Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    Omber

That was a great hint, Cat, I look forward to finding my Easter Egg, thanks, :) a great extra to the game, I love chocolate. :)
    Hoping this only prints once, Internet connection crashed on me when I tried to send last time.
    Love the caves by the way!

8. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    Hi, Alexythimia23--The next update should make it easier to move around. Thanks for the input. : )

9. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    If anyone seriously doesn't like the animation view of the shield, please let me know and I'll work on it in the update.

That animation was made by a topknotch graphics designer from the Unity Asset Store--and none of my betatesters had any complaints about it.

I'm a bit surprised that anyone actually focused on the shield when the world is so rich and so full of so many things to focus on.

I'm happy to accomodate any changes that are useful and I can do. But I don't want to change something that works just because it's not tasteful to someone--unless it's not tasteful to more than two people. Arteria 3d is a very successful graphics artist and he made the animations for the shield.

I'd hate to have to switch to something else but if anyone really feels it's important, just let me know and I'll see what I can do.

10. swisssk8er1

swisssk8er1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 12, 2011
    About the shield thing. I also thought it looked wrong at first, but it started making sense after playing more of the game.

11. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    Thanks. I never heard any complaint from betatesters. The shield animations are based on the graphics of a very good 3d artist--Arteria 3d--I always like to support him and his 3d graphics are really good. But I can look for other hand animations and try them out.

I'm not sure they will have the nice gloves and other things but willing to try them.

Anyway, the movement in the update should be good--- and thanks. : )

12. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #52 Catacomber, Jun 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
    For a buck, Elsa, I think you'll find it's a real steal. If you find anything you don't think is polished, please let us know and we'll get out our furniture polish and grease our elbows to the limit. : 0

Well, for 0.99 cents worth that is.

But the game is worth a lot more. We just like making games and we had to wait for an editor--the ORK Framework-- that let us do everything we wanted to do.

I haven't quite touched the surface of what we can do. But we did a lot that should give you some fun.

Next game--if I'm not banned--will give you even more fun. : )

Thank you for stirring up the pot--controversy here is always a good thing. : )

I try to avoid controversy and help anyone who needs help--and just get good games out there. : ) I hope Omber falls into this category. Give it a try.

13. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    #53 coolpepper43, Jun 21, 2015
    Thank you for the promo but this game needs a LOT of polish and changes to made this a good looking game. The controls are frustrating, I'm constantly accidentally talking to the same people over and over because of it. the menus look horrible and not centered. The annoying menu sound is really bad and harsh on the ears.

14. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    The update should make moving away from npc's you're talking to easier. I don't know what you mean about the menus. If you could put up a pic that would be helpful.

I haven't gotten any complaints about the controls.

Anyway enjoy the game. You got it for free, right? : )

To get something for free and to write all that negative stuff before you've even played the game---I don't know where you're coming from.

15. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    I think you should be really ashamed. Unless you've played the game for more than five minutes.

16. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    #56 coolpepper43, Jun 21, 2015
    The controls aren't really the problem, it was the walking away from people that I had a hard time with. I'm glad your fixing that. There are a bunch of minor graphic adjustments that are needed because right now it feels a little cheap. It needs polish. I'm trying to give some honest feedback. Just go into portrait mode and you can see that the circles are no longer round but stretched out. If you wanted me to just say your game is perfect than I'm sorry.

17. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    Everything. Not trying to be a jerk here, I'm just being honest. This game needs a lot (a lot, a lot) polish for it to be appealing to a wider audience outside of your small fanbase.

I'm concerned about your common sense.

You need better beta testers.

You're right. The shield itself is good. The 3D model is fine, as is the texture. But there's more to graphics than that; i.e. lightning and shaders. Everything in this game looks really cheap, even if they are expensive art packs.

The position of the shield is what ticks most players off, I have no idea who told you to position it like that.

18. Lokina

Lokina Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    I think it is only fair to play this game for a while before commenting. I am just a person who likes a game with a beautiful world I can escape to. Yes, some times you have to manoeuvre to stop talking to a person twice but that's not difficult to master. The tap fighting is quite simple, you just have to get close to your attacker. The spell graphics great and I really haven't had any problems with the menu graphics at all. Sometimes I suspect, not being an expert is a real advantage in simple enjoyment of a great game.:)

19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    As you're the dev you are a bit biased ! You should take positive and negative criticism on board though

For a buck I think this has potential. The problem is 5 years ago the Quest was cutting edge on ios. 5 years later the same engine seems old.

I don't personally mind it but if you want to appeal to the masses I think you need to change the engine used. I like large worlds to explore so I'll give this a much bigger try than others would. But take criticism on board despite how hard it might be to listen to

20. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Okay, you should tone this down. It makes you come off as standoffish.

Not one person here wants to see your game fail, so accept any criticisms in good faith and then (privately) decide what feedback to listen to, or not.