Universal Omber (by Zarista Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by swisssk8er1, Jun 18, 2015.

1. abstractcolors215

abstractcolors215 Active Member

Sep 12, 2013
    USA
    Omber

I like the scroll and its complement idea! :]

2. Catacomber

Catacomber Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    http://www.zaristagames.com/
    NYC
    Hi, I just finished the update to Omber and I put in a quest for you---as well as a number of new books to find and read and gain experience from. : ) And some hidden items among many new changes---I'll list them all once I get the update uploaded to Apple this week, fingers crossed. I sent you a pm because I had a question about wording of part of your quest. : ) Thanks. : )

3. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #203 Catacomber, Sep 8, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
    Polished the graphics--paid attention to a lot of little things in the update---a complete list will follow as soon as we've uploaded the new file to Apple----you will lose your old save files if you update, but we think the update is worth it. : ) I've been testing in portrait mode and although the game is intended to be played in landscape mode--it's very comfortable in portrait.

Attached Files:

4. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    The Omber update has been submitted to the app store. Keeping fingers crossed it will be approved. Here are the changes----

Note: There are so many changes, you will not be able to use your old save files if you update.

--More polished graphics, including larger font, smoothed terrain textures, new backgrounds and icons.
    --You now see a question mark icon on the screen at any point where you can interact with a person or object. It's your choice to tap on it or not.
    --Create Your Character scene redone.
    --Resistance Hideout and Dynamite Mines have been redone.
    --Damage to opponent notifications improved.
    --New teleporter in the temple.
    --New items added to find or buy--new weapons, new spell, new armor, books and traps.
    --Some opponents are harder.
    --Two new quests added--Guide to Other Dimensions from Mage Gemineye in Spider Wood and Match the Scrolls from Beazly Sidwax in the Pits.
    --Other new non-player characters added to interact with--Andy and his faithful dogs in the Resistance Hideout.
    --Dialogues now show quest rewards after completing a quest and battle gains after finishing a battle.
    --Battle changed slightly--you now have a team of three undead spirits to help you fight in addition to Root--tap the hotbar icon to use their different attacks and your own attack. You can level up the damage they do as you gain experience.
    --Single inventory for the player.
    --New Sword and Shield.
    --Although Omber is meant to be played in landscape mode--it looks better now if you choose to play in portrait mode.
    --Minor bugfixes.

5. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    Thanks to all the people in this thread who helped us make Omber a better game and have had a strong effect on influencing our future games (including someone who has been banned but spent quite a lot of time in pms commenting in a very helpful way). Thanks for helping us. :) We thanked you in the credits but this is a better place to say thank you.

6. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    any plans to add back iOS Game centre support for this game? its really useful & helps the longevity of the game by having game centre achievements & leaderboards ....

its a great game but i just won't buy games without game centre support .. not even monument valley...

7. Lokina

Lokina Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    I avoid leaderboards and the game centre activities, curious to know what the advantage is. I simply enjoy the game. Why do you need to compete? Am I missing something?:)

8. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    Yes, definitely, as soon as I can figure out how to integrate it into the Ork Framework. :) Working on it. It's just a question of the best way,

Thanks for letting me know it's important to you. I'm sure it's important to other players as well.

@ Lokina--

Game Center is a good thing. :)

9. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I love this game as you can see by my review in the App Store its the first one. As a huge Quest fan I was so excited for this and I am thrilled to hear the new update will fix the only issues I had with it :)

10. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #210 Catacomber, Sep 13, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
    Thank you for the review! :) I read it and tried to fix your issues. If they still need work, let me know. Thanks again! I think one of your issues was not knowing what was happening to your opponent when you hit it---now the notification of the damage it takes is in a large font centered above the monster each time you hit it and the monster's health bar is larger. The font everywhere is larger and that should be easier on the eyes. :)

And now it should be easy to get out of the Moon Temple. : )

Starting to work on our new game Nine Dragons now but will continue to update Omber as needed and as I can.

You will lose your old save file if you update but there are new things to explore for. : )

11. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    #211 Repulsa, Sep 13, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
    I wish all game developers were as awesome as you :) thanks so much for the update!

12. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    Thank you very much!

The Omber update is in the app store. Just a heads up once again---if you update, you will lose your old save files because the update affects so many things. But we think it's worth it. : ) Two new quests, some levels redone, new UI, new items to find. It should be all good!

13. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    The new update is amazing thank you so much :) I was wondering, does anyone have a quest guide up somewhere? I am stuck on a few quests for example I have no idea of where to take the ransom to get the sacred candle back for the moon temple quest i also don't know what I have to do to get into the pirate captains fortress.

14. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    Take the ransom to someone in a hut in Spider Wood. :) His hut is to the left of MeganT's.

To get into the fortress you need a magic key.

Talk to Pirate Deadbones' housekeeper in Grimold a Forest. You need to find three key pieces and she'll give you the magic key.

First piece answer a frog's riddle.
    Secon piece, find a chest in Uncle Rutabaya's branches,
    Third key piece, enter Melvyn Leachwood's mushroom field and solve the mushroom puzzle.

They're all gotten to in Grimold Firest.

Come back if you're still stuck. :)

15. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    Thanks a bunch :)

16. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Just about to hit the purchase button after reading every single post in this forum so far.....phew, that was a lot of heated reading!
    Two questions first please:

Have the shield and sword graphics been taken out of the main screen yet? I am very sorry but they just look weird to me and I think have an adverse effect on the first impression of the game. They do for me anyway.

Has the game been tested on an iPad Pro? Some games designed for the iPad have an issue with the Pro having their interface being cut off on the sides due to the iPad Pro's larger screen resolution size.
    Another problem with the Pro is for example a game like The Quest, which was designed for the iPhone, is relatively small on the Pro's screen.

Thanks for any help.

17. grantrob202

grantrob202 New Member

Mar 15, 2015
    Finished Omber - Overall impressions

I actually shelved this game when I originally bought it for my iPhone as it was still an early version. However I decided to download and play the latest version and I am glad I did.

The new interface works much better and gameplay overall was very smooth. Apart from a couple of minor graphical glitches, the game was well developed and scenary was quite impressive.

Value for money I would definitely recommend this game particularly for FPP RPG fans like myself. The main comments for future developments would be that I really missed the on-screen map facility but as the game itself is relatively small, I didn’t find this a huge barrier. The other main comment that I would add is the combat balance seemed to need adjusting as I found (as a Mage character) I was able to destroy even the toughest characters with only 1 or 2 swings of my sword. There were many extras that I accumulated through the game but didn’t really need many of them and had heaps left over at the end.

Overall (considering development team and other limited resources to develop this game) I would give it 4 out of 5 #