iPad OMA REVIEWS: Tap Tap Revenge !

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Oma, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Oma

Oma Well-Known Member

Hi, and welcome to another OMA review.
    This is a review about the free game: Tap Tap Revenge.

I think everybody knows Guitar Hero, on all kinds of consoles by now, and now, there even is a variant on the iTouch/iPhone. The goal is the same: play electric guitar on the beats of the song you select. You do this, by tapping on the screen. There are 3 lines on the screen: a red, a green and a blue. Each time the guitar plays a note, a little dot follows one of the lines. You have t tap it right at the moment when the dot reaches the end of the line. If you hit it at the right time, you get points, if you miss, you lose points. Ending the track without missing as much as you can will define your final score.

This game is super, it has a lot of good songs in it, with not only rock and metal songs, but also electro, dance, ... The 'Download more tracks' section is very nice too, you can download tracks right away with a wi-fi or 3G connection. There are a lot of updates which brings a lot of new tracks every time.
    The game difficulty is adjustable, you have 4 grades of songs: Easy, Medium, Hard and Extreme tracks. I only manage to complete the easy and medium tracks, but if you have a good timing and viewing skill, you can get pretty nice scores on Extreme tracks. And maybe, you get the highest score on the internet, with your one-and-only Tapulous profile! You can also go Two Player, which shows the tree lines for the two players, upside down. And then you can just play the track with two, competing eachother.

Average OMA Rating: 8/10

Image:
    [​IMG]

2. #2 wastedyuthe, Nov 9, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2008
    No offense Oma, but is this the right place for all your reviews (this is the 3rd one now)? I mean, how many are there going to be? This is a place of discussion about the latest apps, and your posts are reviews of old apps. Are we going to have 100 or so reviews of yours on here?
    I am not saying you shouldn't post comments on apps you have, and I am not saying you aren't entitled to an opinion. I'm just saying, at the rate you are going, we ought to stop calling this the Touch Arcade forum and start calling it the Oma app review forum.
    Know what I mean?

3. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Looks like arn has some stiff competition... LoL :p

4. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

"with not only rock and metal songs, but also electro, dance"

Well, is "not only metal" the correct description for ONE metal song in a bunch of electronic, dance or pop stuff? And the "goal" of playing a guitar is a wrong description of the game, because most of the songs don't feature a guitar. You just tap to the beats.

I removed Tap Tap Revenge because the interface is boring (just look at YouTube how much better this games looks with replaces the default skin with a Guitar Hero skin, to get an idea), the songs don't interest me (and of course I don't know them) and they don't offer a style selector (which, in my case would only display one song out of the dozens garbage dance songs).

Even the NIN edition shows, that they can't create game interfaces which just make fun - it is still plain boring :(.

And regarding your reviews: This is toucharcade.com. If you wanna write reviews, ask them, if you can become an official writer. If they say no, start your own site. It takes about 3 minutes to install wordpress.

5. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Hahhaaa arn better watch his back

6. Armbruster

Armbruster Well-Known Member

ARM REVIEWS: The backside of my leg!

7. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    If you can't beat 'em, join 'em ;)

8. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    I don't think these reviews are detailed enough to take up forum space.

9. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    #9 Everydaynormalguy, Nov 9, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2008
    Hell, at least he/she's not posting any more of them "what game should i buy?" threads...

10. Renare

Renare Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Tech Support
    Wilmore, KY
    Yes, I say we stone the next "What should I buy?" thread... I have been waiting for a good excuse to use my new throwing stones :)

11. Killquake

Killquake Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2008
    were gonna have to make another main topic page in the forum name OMA REVIEWS at the rate hes sending these things out

12. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    Id be in favor of that, just let him have his own folder? Could be funny

13. Oma

Oma Well-Known Member

A very own forum for myself, could be handy indeed,
    but if you guys don't like my reviews, then I think it's a bad idea.
    I just write these reviews because I don't have a website (yet) to put them on, and I just wanted some critics on my first reviews.

And, about the "OMA" things, I just wanted to make it a little more personal ;)

Greetz

14. NJPodder

NJPodder Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2008
    I couldn't agree with you more. Seriously, why would you ask people "What game should I buy?" I don't think there is enough space/bandwidth on this forum to begin deciphering all of the things wrong with asking a question like that.

15. matt

matt Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Blogger/Student/Public Relations
    Collins,GA

Go here sign up for a free Wordpress blog. Post the link as your signature and join the rest of us struggling bloggers trying to get exposure.

And btw it looks like OMA.wordpress.com is available, just trying to help.

16. Oma

Oma Well-Known Member

Thank you very much :)
    I just made a blog today, called iGaming Reviews.
    I didn't call it 'OMA reviews' because I am going to do the reviews with a couple of friends who are going to buy an iPod too. ;)

Greetz

17. super6ft7

super6ft7 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    2 things, link please and...
    ... You can't just review free games, people can download them and try them out themselves.

18. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    good call

That's a very good point... It's the games you have to pay for that we need reviews.. if you see something free that comes out, you don't go online to see the reviews.. You check the App Store reviews, and if it has more than 3 stars or whatever, you download it!

i mean Trace is one of the best games out there, but notice there aren't many reviews?

Look forward to more of your reports!