Universal Ollie and Flip (by Prisma Wave, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 21, 2016.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    This is a really cool and fun game! With all the other releases I haven't had a chance to play this until now. The controls are pretty awesome.

Billy

2. AlbinoGrimby

AlbinoGrimby Member

Feb 22, 2016
    Co-founder and Senior Engineer of Prisma Wave Stud
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Hey guys, this is Glenn. I'm one of the developers for Ollie and Flip (@AlbinoGrimby on twitter). Love the comments.

Boardumb: We actually started with the very jumping control scheme you're proposing. I liked that much better because it felt like you were attached to the snowboard and it was really responsive. When we playtested a few people got it but most others wanted to flick upwards or tap -- in short, do something to affect something, so hence, we implemented it as tap to jump. I focused on trying to make jumping at the last moment as responsive as possible because it was throwing me off everytime. I suppose we could have divved up responses as "hardcore" vs. casual gamers to see what the break down was, but I didn't think of that till just now.

If you found it on the store before Feb 16th, it was by accident. You essentially got version 1.0.4 which we soft launched with in Canada.

We are going to put it out on NZ, Australia, and the UK stores this week (no reason not too since they're all English speaking territories). We're working on getting the game localized and we'll be able to launch wider. We could flip the switch for Germany, but it would be English only, and I don't know how folks in non-English countries feel about that. I'd be curious to know. As for the localization, I don't want to commit to a date, but it's a priority.

SpryRobot also put up a dev blog on MadeWithUnity if you want to see the behind the scenes development for the game: http://madewith.unity.com/stories/ollie-flip-snowboarding-concept-published-mobile-game-1

Or if you're impatient, here's the longer, rough draft of it on reddit/imgur: https://www.reddit.com/r/Unity3D/comments/461jfn/from_prototype_to_game_release_ollie_flip/

Feel free to ask me any other questions or give me feedback you have on the game. We are still working to improve the game and add more content.

3. jn2002dk

jn2002dk Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    Please flip the switch for Denmark

I don't know anyone below age 50 who doesn't speak English reasonably well. We have mandatory english lessons from 3rd grade so it shouldn't be a problem. In fact, i would prefer that version over a localized one

4. cy@n

cy@n Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    "Mein Land"
    Since some of my favourite games are english-only (Cavernaut (german dev!), Cat Physics, ...) it wouldn't be a problem to see an english version of Ollie & Flip soon...
    But it's of course your decision....

5. AlbinoGrimby

AlbinoGrimby Member

Feb 22, 2016
    San Francisco Bay Area
    #25 AlbinoGrimby, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
    Ollie and Flip Worldwide Launch

Thanks for the feedback guys. We chatted about it this morning and decided to launch it worldwide in English. We do have plans for translating it into other languages soon.

Full press release for Ollie & Flip's world wide launch here:
    http://www.prismawave.com/press-release-ollie-flip-worldwide-english-release/

Edit: FYI, we literally just hit the switch (12:30 PM PST) and I don't know if there's a delay for it to show in the AppStore, but if it's not there now, hopefully you'll see it later today.

6. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    Hey hey it's on the UK store now

7. cy@n

cy@n Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    "Mein Land"
    Downloading ...
    Thank you!

8. jn2002dk

jn2002dk Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    Awesome, thank you

9. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    Neat little game. I deleted the other snowboarding game of the week, but will keep playing this- really nice with its subtle tap to jump etc

10. nini

nini Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2012
    I brought the unlock, feel the game is worth £3 of anyone's money. It's bare feeling in a lot of ways but still fun which is what we all want. Hopefully it'll see more development, if not then it's still a solid game.

11. AlbinoGrimby

AlbinoGrimby Member

Feb 22, 2016
    San Francisco Bay Area
    You're welcome! I hope you're enjoying the game!

Thanks thumbs07. I'm curious what that other game was. :)

Nini, there will be more updates coming -- more levels, more sections for the endless runner, and new features. We're trying to prioritize what we need to do next. Mostly it's figuring out how to get this game in front of folks. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

BTW, if you're curious as to future development and what we're up too, you can follow us on twitter (@PrismaWave) and The Prisma Wave FB Page. If you have any feedback, comments, or questions don't hesitate to send it our way. We're listening.

12. AlbinoGrimby

AlbinoGrimby Member

Feb 22, 2016
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Ollie and Flip updates!

Hey guys,

We've made a few updates to Ollie and Flip over the past few months.

Version 1.7
    New content and features:
    • 3 New Levels added to Spring Valley: Slalom Ridge, Alpine Landing, and Sierra Ridge! Level up to play them now!
    • Game Center Leaderboards - Track your high score for the endless runner and challenge your friends!
    • Improved controls and input settings

Updates and Fixes:
    • Assorted bug fixes for levels

We made a video showing our playthrough of one of the new levels 3-1 "Stonestown" which you can view on Youtube.

Also, we created an Instagram: @prismawavestudios

Follow us for work-in-progress videos, concept art, and information about our next game. There's also a video of the game on Android. We're working on it!