Old dawg wanting to learn a new trick.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dwg42, Jan 23, 2019.

1. dwg42

dwg42 New Member

Jan 23, 2019
    Male
    Texas 42 (http://42-online.org/) is a domino based game similar to spades. The site listed here (presently unmanaged partially closed) has a download for the game where tables are provided for members to sign up and play 42 and its 7 or 8 variations in a tournament format. It is considered Texas's state game, played mostly by us old farts.

There are a few thousand members as of now currently playing at this site.

The game is as engaging as poker (bluffing pushing) with the challenge of partnership play. Easy to learn but complicated to master.

I have, in my life self taught myself several programming software packages. The site above has been in a state of unfinished flux for years (programmer/owner unwilling or unable to finish). I can build a site such as 42-online stats, forum, rules, but the game it self is beyond what I know. I wish to learn the basics of internet protocol between gamers and any other required knowledge to build such a game.

It is mostly text based (very little graphics).

This is not a money maker or I would hire it done - just a way for us old ones to enjoy what we enjoy.

I could spend a year tramping threw abbreviations and acronyms' just to get an idea of the right info, but fig it would be easier to ask here.

I do NOT want to copy the above site but want to build a win PC compatible, no lag workable tournament site where players draw their own dominoes, join a tournament and by elimination move forward in tournament . A phone app is not required.

The new game site will be managed by members with desire to keep it clean and family orientated. The above site is ran that way now.

Can I be directed to books, sites, vids, audio that may help me learn?

Ty dwg42

Attached Files: