Okay, why does Disqus say I'm blocked by Toucharcade?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by dib, Mar 13, 2015.

1. dib

dib Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Can't find any more information other than "We are unable to post your comment because you have been blocked by TouchArcade."

And for some reason I can't find any sort of contact info for staff, mods, whatever the hell they call themselves so I'm resorting to posting this here. Yay.

2. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

A block or ban in the article's comments sections means that you might have shown offensive behaviour.
    Best would be to contact a mod or admin via PM.

3. dib

dib Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Which I have not. I haven't even posted a comment in around four months.

So how about a mod messages me and figures it out.

4. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    The TA Mods don't administer the front page TouchArcade comments, so you'd need a TA Admin, like Eli or Jared, to respond.

5. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Obviously, you've been a very bad boy! That's why.:eek:

6. dib

dib Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Yeah, so was I supposed to start holding my breath last week? Or should I start right now?

7. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    WOW with such a great attitude how could I NOT want to help you? Why don't you start by giving me your disqus username.

8. dib

dib Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    I don't know. It's almost like sites typically have people running it whose job is to work on stuff. Some sort of...support. Perhaps such a staff might have some way of communicating with them, possibly with a button or email address. It could say something like...support--to make it conspicuous to all. You know, just on the one-in-a-million chance that someone had an issue and didn't want to go to a public forum.

https://disqus.com/by/dibdib/

9. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Lol seriously your attitude is terrible so I'm not going to help you. I'd guess that if this is how you typically conduct yourself then you most likely were simply banned from the front page. Of course Disqus is filled with weird problems so maybe it's something else. I guess we'll never know!

Good luck!

10. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I don't want to get in the middle of this but I do find it extremely hard to get a hold of an admin even if my life depended on it. I know you guys are busy but I just wanted to throw that out there. Not trying to start a fight or anything... not in the face!!! Let me first take off my glasses.#...# ready. Lol.

11. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Don't forget that right now, the admins of TA - the people you'd want to talk to in a pinch - are two dudes: Eli and Jared. Yes there's supporting staff, the advertisement manager, the site admin (who also runs TA's sister-site) a bunch of writers, etc, but the bulk of administration across ALL of TouchArcade falls to two people. Two.

12. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Well if you have a technical issue you can visit http://toucharcade.com/support/ and shoot us an email. Disqus is a 3rd party plugin which we largely have no control over, so if you have a problem like the lovely lady/gentleman who started this thread you might try https://disqus.com/support/

If you have a problem with the forums that can't be solved by reporting a post or PM'ing a moderator, and you HAVE to have the assistance of an admin, you can try PM'ing either me or Eli or sending an email (eli@ or jared@ toucharcade.com) or sending an email to tips@ toucharcade.com which is a general inbox that goes to everyone. Failing any of that, you could try tweeting at us I guess?

Eli and I are the only two TA admins, so we're stretched pretty thin. But if you have something urgent just bug us at any of the ways I just posted and eventually you'll be able to get someone's attention.

Edit: Basically what Echoseven said ^^

13. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Thanks for the info. This is super useful. I'm going to save this info if the time comes that I will need it.:)

14. RacerBoy

RacerBoy Member

Mar 17, 2015
    Manager
    Bangladesh
    You didn't anything which isn't under the forum rules. And for this you have been banned.

15. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

No one was banned from the forums in this thread.