iPad Ok I give up!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by tadunne, May 16, 2009.

1. tadunne

tadunne Member

Oct 25, 2008
    I just can't keep up with all the great games and apps that are coming out for my iphone! It's just amazing!

I just don't have enough time to buy and play them all :(

thats the curse of the app store! so much is coming out the window for making a popular game must be getting smaller and smaller..

2. sjleworthy

sjleworthy Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    3D & Architectural Artist
    Cardiff, Wales, UK
    i've only got 1 page left on my Touch to accommodate too :(
    i'll have to get a second Touch in soon :)

3. Acidbottle

Acidbottle Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    i must say that its been pretty hectic over the past couple of weeks for big name releases, although since peggle nuthin has really stood out. i think apple are giving the indi devs their chance now ;)

i do spend too much on th eapp store, but despite that only 1 regret so not a bad return for the amount of entertainment i had!

just waiting for worms and will be sorted for a long time!

4. Axl Lowe

Axl Lowe Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Welcome to the world of gaming, where too much awesome crap is thrown at us.

I've had this problem for years with console games as well. I've got such a large backlog of games that I haven't finished yet, but I also want to keep up with current games so as not to lose out.

It's a blessing and a curse.

5. shap08

shap08 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    Manchester United FAN!
    Australia-DownUnder
    Just a thought

Yeah there has been some good releases in the past few weeks. But if you seriously want to keep up to date you should purchase application sniper it allows you to add applications to a list where you can either wait for a price drop or just keep them there for when you want more games. I find this application to be very useful and it helps me see the latest price drops and the newest released games. Just a thought if your seriously frustrated. but if your just having a joke yeah it was been a long week or two for new releases and keeping up with the latest games. :cool:

6. tadunne

tadunne Member

Oct 25, 2008
    looks like Apple finally is getting big in games even if it's only on the ipod/iphone for now..

I have a theory that they might try and tap all the new devs on the iphone and create a console.

If they could design a way of making games written for the iphone work on mac's and a mythical console I could see it working.

They would spin it like when the intel mac come out:

"Just click build for iConsole tick box and you've converted your app"

of course more work would be required to load higher res gfx and work new control schemes but it won't be a huge amount of work if they do it right.

Heck they could even throw in a windows client too ;)

7. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Side note: If you buy AppSniper, be sure to clear the cache now and then. The icons are cached and over a period of time, will slow down your iTunes backups. That's what happened to me, and after 2-3 months did I find out and resolved the problem. I now turn off the "display icons" to prevent it from happening. Otherwise its a great app.

On topic: Yes, I have the same problem. Best you can do is to promise yourself to only buy a new game if you complete an older one. "Blockbuster" games like Terminator Salvation are said to only be around 2hrs, so it won't be that hard to do.

8. tadunne

tadunne Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Thats a good idea there are a number of apps I've looked at and thought I'll wait until pay day, then forget they exist because about 100 more apps were released by pay day :)

9. Thorero

Thorero Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Graphic Designer, 3D Modeller, Web Design
    Portugal
    I ran into that problem too, One of the many reasons I Jailbroke!

But this recent influx of games was bound to happen some time, now so many games are coming out, in so many categories, everyone can play whatever genre appeals to them. I think it's great.

10. tadunne

tadunne Member

Oct 25, 2008
    I'm trying to complete assassin creed at the mo (which is really cool) but my only free time is when I'm on the train so I'm having to split time on that podcasts, twittering etc.. there's so much to do on the iphone!

The other big purchase I made was Need for speed, but I'm holding off on that as it has glitches on 3.0 software..

11. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    All the recipes are there for that mythical gaming console from Apple: iPhone / Touch + Apple TV.

Just wirelessly connect your iDevices to Apple TV and boom, play it on your big screen with your iDevices as controller.

Apple should now perfect the iPhone / Touch so it conquers the mobile gaming and portable multimedia device market first the way iPod dominates mp3 player market.

Once they do that, they can move on to the next big thing.

12. sjleworthy

sjleworthy Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    3D & Architectural Artist
    Cardiff, Wales, UK

yeah, but i hate JB. besides, good reason to buy another Touch eh? (already got my double Touch pouch ready to go http://tinyurl.com/pu2x3c )

13. appaddiCt

appaddiCt Active Member

Mar 14, 2009
    UK
    I have to agree with the OP, there are too many good games and apps out at the moment. It seems to be hard for me not to buy something every week. As my name suggests, I am addicted to buying from the app store. Oh well never mind. :D