Universal OK Golf (Okidokico Entertaiment Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sugimulm, Feb 9, 2017.

1. MobileOnTapYT

MobileOnTapYT Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2017
    Would be really cool if they managed to add some kind of online element to this game. Being able to play against friends or arrange little tournaments would be great. Especially if we could do it with people from the thread. DOn't know if thats something they're considering or if the focus is totally on just adding secret holes and producing more courses?

2. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Always cool when a dev listens and responds to feedback. Likely to pick this up with the camera shake removed.

3. Gamer McGee

Gamer McGee Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2017
    ^^^ That would be cool, like how "8 Ball Pool" lets you play random folks or friends, even tourneys.

I'd like to see some sort of leaderboard too;

4. SPM21Bucky

SPM21Bucky Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Male
    That was the same thing bothering me, the greens look to have elevation changes, but they don't seem to affect the ball at all. I've also had other places where it looks like a slope and I expect the ball to roll with it, but it just goes straight. Other spots I'll hit the raised part of the course and it will sometimes slow or change the direction of the ball...but it feels more random than reliable. I enjoy the game, but I have other golf games I've been playing before opening this one again.

5. Dimebag777

Dimebag777 New Member

Feb 20, 2017

I found it interesting intiially how easy putting was but have written it off as a reward for landing on the green as long as you are within range.

The bumps are consistent for the most part but random other times take the 3rd on Long Lake, the best long I've found is right down the middle with a power shot but even though I make sure the camera shake is gone and I'm aimed at the same spot the bounce/kick is not consistent. Compare that to the 7th where the best line is just a touch right of the bush just to the right of the line direct to the hole and I hit the same spot, power shot etc and always get a consistent bounce/kick.

I guess that's just the challenge of the game like putting together a nice championship round only to hit the wall with some pars or a bogey which ruins your run at a new low round.

6. dirtschmooz

dirtschmooz Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2015
    update live, time to take the plunge and hit buy. hopefully issues are sorted with controls

7. Dimebag777

Dimebag777 New Member

Feb 20, 2017
    Just played the update. New aiming style is a lot better at letting you know where the ball will land, also as someone with a shaky hand it's a lot easier for me.

Found the missing secret hole on the desert course, now to hunt down the other new ones which are harder to find.

8. MobileOnTapYT

Feb 17, 2017
    Where is the one one Desert?

9. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    This update is great. I bought it right away and wasn't feeling the controls. A lot of issues were cleared up and I love portrait mode. Thanks developers. #

10. iAboabat

iAboabat New Member

Feb 21, 2017
    The easiest secret in desert canyon It in hole 3 in the top of the field, but still i can't found the hardest one :confused:

11. MobileOnTapYT

Feb 17, 2017
    Video guide to the secret hole on Desert Canyon if anyone finds that easier.

12. okidokico

okidokico Well-Known Member

We are working on ideas for some multiplayer gameplay beyond the global leaderboards.

Thanks for being patient with us! Pleased to hear all the positive comments on the new update.

We want to improve the putting gameplay. It's a fine balance, but I think we can come up with something that feels a bit more natural.

Thanks for the feedback you're all giving. Keep it coming!

We've got some cool and hopefully surprising features we'd like to add in the next few months, and all the feedback is what keeps us going!

13. iAboabat

iAboabat New Member

Feb 21, 2017
    The second secret hole in Tsukimi Garden

The second secret hole in Tsukimi Garden located in Pahoehoe Ridge abandoned course it's above the hole slightly to the right, it hard to put the ball in the hole

14. Jstnln

Jstnln New Member

Feb 17, 2017
    #94 Jstnln, Feb 21, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    All secret hole locations

I have discovered all the secret hole locations!!!!
    LONG LAKE COUNTY
    Secret Hole 1:
    Located in the credits screen, on the course to unlock all courses. Located on the 4th platform in the trees.
    Secret Hole 2:
    Located on Hole 4 off the course. Go to the first bend of the fairway and the hole is off to the right.

DESERT CANYON
    Secret Hole 1:
    Located on Hole 3, directly across the map from where the ball/camera angle start. It is located off the course.
    Secret Hole 2:
    Located on Hole 5, off the course. To find this hole turn your brightness up and look in the shadows off to the right. It is secretly tucked away in the shadow of one of the cacti in the elevated sand trap.

TSUKIMI GARDEN
    Secret Hole 1:
    Located on Secret Hole 2 on Pahoehoe Ridge. It is off the course, slightly right of the green. Just need the ball to roll into the hole.
    Secret Hole 2:
    Located on hole 3, off the course. Hole is off the right side of the map, adjacent to the green/hole

PAHOEHOE RIDGE
    Secret Hole 1:
    Located on Secret Hole 2 of Pahoehoe Ridge. Directly to the left of the ball, off the course. There is a small sand path that you can follow down to the rocky part of the map that will slowly roll your ball into the hole.(Another shadow hidden hole)
    Secret Hole 2:
    Located on Hole 6, on the rock in between the ball and the hole. It is smack dab in the middle of the water, and the hole is directly in the middle of the rock

Hope this helps everyone! And thanks to OKIDOKI for the awesome secrets... cannot wait for more!

15. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    With the new update it's 5 stars all day long!!! Great great game.

16. onyx77

onyx77 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010
    Made the jump and purchased. I am enjoying it. I get the concept of power shot camera shake. It appears to do it for a few seconds while aiming to give an element of difficulty but pauses after about two seconds and that is when you take the shot.

I feel like a few more interactive elements would really make this pop. Like bumpers, a slide for your ball to travel down for a trick shot etc.

17. MobileOnTapYT

Feb 17, 2017
    #97 MobileOnTapYT, Feb 21, 2017
    Video guide of how to find new secret hole on Desert Canyon.

18. MobileOnTapYT

Feb 17, 2017
    #98 MobileOnTapYT, Feb 21, 2017
    Video guide for new secret hole on Tsukimi

19. MobileOnTapYT

Feb 17, 2017
    Devs, any chance of a rough time for the next course to be released?

20. Jstnln

Jstnln New Member

Feb 17, 2017
    ALL SECRET HOLE LOCATIONS(Repost)

I have discovered all the secret hole locations!!!!
    LONG LAKE COUNTY
    Secret Hole 1:
    Located in the credits screen, on the course to unlock all courses. Located on the 4th platform in the trees.
    Secret Hole 2:
    Located on Hole 4 off the course. Go to the first bend of the fairway and the hole is off to the right.

DESERT CANYON
    Secret Hole 1:
    Located on Hole 3, directly across the map from where the ball/camera angle start. It is located off the course.
    Secret Hole 2:
    Located on Hole 5, off the course. To find this hole turn your brightness up and look in the shadows off to the right. It is secretly tucked away in the shadow of one of the cacti in the elevated sand trap.

TSUKIMI GARDEN
    Secret Hole 1:
    Located on Secret Hole 2 on Pahoehoe Ridge. It is off the course, slightly right of the green. Just need the ball to roll into the hole.
    Secret Hole 2:
    Located on hole 3, off the course. Hole is off the right side of the map, adjacent to the green/hole

PAHOEHOE RIDGE
    Secret Hole 1:
    Located on Secret Hole 2 of Pahoehoe Ridge. Directly to the left of the ball, off the course. There is a small sand path that you can follow down to the rocky part of the map that will slowly roll your ball into the hole.(Another shadow hidden hole)
    Secret Hole 2:
    Located on Hole 6, on the rock in between the ball and the hole. It is smack dab in the middle of the water, and the hole is directly in the middle of the rock

Hope this helps everyone! And thanks to OKIDOKI for the awesome secrets... cannot wait for more!