Universal OK Golf (Okidokico Entertaiment Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sugimulm, Feb 9, 2017.

1. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    It still beggars belief to me that there isn't a really good premium golf game on ios. I know there are a few half decent feeemium efforts that I have actually had fun with but I'd love at least one proper premium game.

Oh, and I'd also like a sequel to Wonderputt while we're at it please.

2. FL4VIN

FL4VIN New Member

Feb 13, 2017
    Any chance we could get a few more hints on the secret holes? I've only found two including the one you've mentioned

3. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Been having some fun with this. The relative touch works for the most part but I have had several instances where my shot doesn't go where it's aimed. It seems like the relative touch input cancels right before you lift your finger (which makes the shot) causing shots to go right, left, short or long. It's inconsistent at best. Playing championships are a bit hard and unfairly so due to the controls. If the devs can fix this, and make the shot line more pronounced to more easily see that the shot line is impeded (right now a shadow is cast over the parts of the shot line where it will hit a tree for instance but due to shadows on the course, it's convoluted and hard to always know what will happen)....the game would be worlds better for it. As-is, it's fun to just free play the holes working on obtaining 3 stars, as you can quickly restart at any time. And maybe that's where this game finds its nitch, which honestly isn't a bad thing. Almost there....

4. raiden17

raiden17 New Member

Feb 13, 2017
    Desert Canyon

Yes, any help would be appreciated for the secret hole on desert canyon. I've played the course about 5 times and can't find it.

5. Tres333

Tres333 Member

Mar 17, 2013
    Did you find the second hole on the first course? Having trouble with that one and the desert canyon one.

6. raiden17

raiden17 New Member

Feb 13, 2017
    Second Hole

Ya, on the main page, click the support button, and play the unlock all maps course, then there should be a secret hole on the fourth platform.

7. Gamer McGee

Gamer McGee Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Wow, I never would have found that one!

Any clue about the desert canyon one?

8. Tres333

Tres333 Member

Mar 17, 2013
    Thanks, which "fourth platform" do you mean? I've played the secret hole.

9. Gamer McGee

Feb 14, 2017
    It's the platform with the garden in the center, with the green fairway around the edges.

10. Tres333

Tres333 Member

Mar 17, 2013
    It gives me an option to "remove cheat" only after playing that hole. The button turns the cheat off, and then there is no hole playing it a second time.

11. Gamer McGee

Feb 14, 2017
    Not sure I understand...

After playing the cheat, it asked if you want to remove the cheat entirely? Or just the secret hole in the cheat course? That didn't happen to me. I can play it as many times as I like (so far, not sure how long that will last). I've got three stars on everything, and am only missing one secret hole; maybe my score is high enough to keep the cheat course open?

12. Tres333

Tres333 Member

Mar 17, 2013
    Yes, after playing I get a message saying the cheat "won't last forever", then when you go play again the only option is to remove the cheat. I still have two stars on some holes, that may be the reason. I will try to three star them all and see if that works. Thank you

13. Gamer McGee

Feb 14, 2017
    Good luck! And if you find the secret hole in the desert course, let me know... ;-)

14. FL4VIN

FL4VIN New Member

Feb 13, 2017
    In case you hadn't figured it out, you can move around the map with two fingers. It'll move back to the ball after a few seconds if you stop moving, but it's super useful for looking around.

On another note, what's with the rock/ruined ship in the distance of hole 4 on Pahoehoe Ridge?

15. Gamer McGee

Feb 14, 2017
    Yeah< i figured that out early; a huge help.

There's another distant rock in level 7 of Pahoehoe too; not sure why?

16. CobaltZeroni

CobaltZeroni New Member

Oct 27, 2016
    List of Secret Holes, for your convenience!

The first spoiled line of text for each secret points out the hole to find it on, and the second tells you exactly where it is. This way, if you want to preserve the sense of exploration somewhat, you can just view the first line.
    Unless otherwise noted, all secrets are unlocked by
    finding an unmarked cup on a hole (in the same course as the secret) and sinking the ball in it.

Special Course
    "To Cheat or Not to Cheat"
    Not found in any course at all...but where else could it be?
    On the credits page, there will (eventually) be a button labeled "Cheat to unlock all courses". Pressing it will take you to this extra-long, non-scored hole.

Long Lake County
    Hole 10 - "The Winding Road"
    Found on Hole 4.
    Beyond the right edge of the terrain, there's a cup cut into the white void around the hole.

Hole 11 - "Are We There Yet?" - thanks, Raiden17!
    This one isn't actually found in Long Lake, but on "To Cheat or Not to Cheat." If you already beat that hole before, you'll need to cancel the cheat from the credits page to play it again.
    On the platform "themed" after Tsukimi Garden, there's a cup nestled in the central grove of trees. Look carefully for it, as it blends in well.

Desert Canyon
    Hole 10 - as of yet unknown.
    Please post if you know anything, and I'll credit you accordingly.

Tsukimi Garden
    Hole 10 - "Long Way Round"
    Found on Hole 3.
    Just behind the green (on the right-hand side), there's a cup cut into the white void. Again.

Pahoehoe Ridge
    Hole 10 - "Abandoned Course"
    Found on Hole 6.
    The secret cup is rather prominently positioned on the big rock in the middle of the central lake.

17. #57 TheMobileGamerYT, Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  18. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Does the dev still have plans to make this run in portrait mode, or has their steam run out already? This is meant to be a "casual" golf game, but I don't feel that holding my phone sideways is in any way casual. Not only that, but surely golf ball trajectories take up a lot of screen real estate vertically, not horizontally.
    Please make a portrait mode for us iPhoners!

19. Tres333

Tres333 Member

Mar 17, 2013
    Just played all the desert holes again and didn't find the secret. Seems to be really well hidden...