Universal OK Golf (Okidokico Entertaiment Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sugimulm, Feb 9, 2017.

1. mumei

mumei Active Member

Nov 22, 2017
    That matches up with what I have been able to get on this course, good stuff.

How did you fare on Gift Bag? I'm near certain the hole is doable in 2 but I haven't had any luck so far. Perhaps you might have found an easier strat than the one I'm trying to pull off.

2. JimJam

JimJam Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2017
    I’m just birdie on the secret holes. I think Yule Log might go in 2, but I gave up. Gift bag seems close but there’s too much of a slope before the flag.

3. mumei

mumei Active Member

Nov 22, 2017
    I have Yule Log in 2, just needs a little luck from the snow.

I discovered a spot in between the fairway and the green on Gift Bag where instead of bouncing, the ball rolls flat and goes further than normal.

It's a little to the right of the flag but I've only got this different reaction twice, once in a test run that went in (not an eagle though) and a second that missed right. I'm going to try and get a recording of this one.

4. Gamer McGee

Gamer McGee Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Yule Log is pretty easy to get in 2.
    Aim the first shot to the right of the decorated tree, right on the edge of the snow. The second shot is easier from here than on the left of the tree.

5. mumei

mumei Active Member

Nov 22, 2017
    #425 mumei, Jan 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    Android users have just received an update which fixed the softlock bug that previously prevented them from entering the 3rd secret hole,
    Icebergs Ahead!

So now I've been able to get in and have a look at the hole. Birdie is the best result through normal means although it looks like one could use a glitch (which appears to be completely random) to save at least one stroke, likely more.

Occasionally, when getting ready to tee off, the ball will take off on it's own free will and float around (Gamer McGee reported this a couple weeks back). I've had it go straight left way off the map and a couple of times do some sort of circle. One of these times I was almost able to reach the second fairway in one shot which would have given me a chance of eagle if I had made it.

Obviously this is not intended behaviour and I will not be using it to attain an otherwise impossible score. I'll see if I can get a video of this to assist the developers.

Edit: I figured it out, restarting the hole while the ball is on a moving iceberg causes the ball to take off. Here is a video I made of this in action: https://youtu.be/jabqE5PB7PQ

Read the video's description for more information. Hopefully the developer visits here again and sees this.

There's also another glitch with this hole where the ball sometimes goes out of shape and does not function correctly. I believe the icebergs are the cause of this as well.

6. Gamer McGee

Feb 14, 2017
    ^^^ Nice report.

If you go to the second ice floe, then restart, the ball takes off on quite a journey. Jump off at the far corner of the area where the green is, and you can chip your way to an eagle. I suspect one can do even better with practice. Feature, or bug?

Attached Files:

7. Gamer McGee

Feb 14, 2017
    #427 Gamer McGee, Jan 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    Just missed getting it in two.

Experiment with different floes; the path the “floating” ball takes is dependent on what floe it was last on, and follows an arc that mirrors the floe’s rotation. Interesting. Maybe the reason for the hats on the floes? Hmm...

I should add that I’m not on Gamecenter, and my scores never leave my phone, so I don’t think I’m cheating, just exploring the possibilities...

Attached Files:

8. mumei

mumei Active Member

Nov 22, 2017
    Nicely observed. Among other things, I talk about that in the description of my video. Not convinced the hats mean anything though. 2 is very easily done but I will not attempt to go for it as I'm not convinced this is intended behaviour. I'm going to assume this will be patched out so I'm happy to stay on 7 for this hole. I will admit though, this is a pretty cool gimmick if this was intentional and I will be happy to go for 2 if it was.

None of us are cheaters, we simply stumbled onto something that allowed for a better result than would normally be possible. If this was unintentional, this would classify perfectly as a glitch, I'd say. Sure, glitches can be exploited but a glitch is something everyone can perform without any external modifications so I wouldn't think of this as cheating in any form.

9. Gamer McGee

Feb 14, 2017
    I suspect this is all a programming error, but it’s fun to speculate...

Is there a combination of floes that leads to a hole in one?

10. mumei

mumei Active Member

Nov 22, 2017
    Ye, that's what I'm thinking as well.

I don't think there is but I'm not saying that with 100% confidence. Can't hurt to look around while we can.

11. JimJam

JimJam Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2017
    This is brilliant and hilarious. Just holed out in 2 strokes using the second ice flow.

The icebergs are all rotating clockwise about their centre. Think about how the programmers update the position of the ball - they must use the centre of the berg and have the ball rotate around that centre with the rest of the berg. So basically if you restart from the second ice flow and it still has you as on that iceberg then you do a giant circle rotating with the berg! Even better if you intersect another berg then you stick on it for no shots!!

I note you can take a short chip while ‘walking in the air’. Doesn’t really help as you may as well stick for zero.

What’s really weird is the more you restart the more distorted the ball gets. It can be easter-egg shaped. Dunno what that’s about.

Thanks for the fun!

12. JimJam

JimJam Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2017
  13. Gamer McGee

Feb 14, 2017
    That second shot at the pin is tough when the ball is shaped like a Mentos lozenge. Lol

14. okidokico

okidokico Well-Known Member

New course coming

Hey everyone,

A new course is coming ( tomorrow actually!) and this time it's a little different.

To celebrate the anniversary of OK Golf we're giving you a course that has new holes from the previous locations throughout the game. And in keeping with our two previous updates we've added a treasure hunt for a third secret hole. This time you'll be looking for Chinese lanterns just in time for Chinese New Year! But while there are fewer to find and they're easier to spot, these ones will be on the move.

Enjoy!

15. JimJam

JimJam Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2017
    #435 JimJam, Feb 16, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    8 lantern locations, giving a secret hole:
    Lake 4
    Tsukimi 7
    Buchan 3
    Oakford 9
    Paris 5
    Kaski 5
    Lap 1
    Greatest 3

16. JimJam

JimJam Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2017
    One secret hole on
    hole 4

17. JimJam

JimJam Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2017
    Having trouble finding the final secret hole.

18. mumei

mumei Active Member

Nov 22, 2017
    The other secret hole can be found in
    the first secret hole. Look a touch left from the start and go towards the group of palm trees. The hole is located among those trees.

19. JimJam

JimJam Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2017
    Excellent. Well spotted. Thanks.

20. Gamer McGee

Feb 14, 2017
    #440 Gamer McGee, Feb 16, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    Loving the anniversary course!

Anybody eagled anything yet?

Edit: I just eagled Red Envelope; just missed getting it in 2.