Oh Thank God...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Booch138, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    So I know it's not a huge shock that it's happening, but

AT&T CEO admits iPhone won't be exclusive forever. Which is great, because where I live AT&T is a joke, and the only thing holding me back from getting an iPhone.

What do you guys think? I know it probably won't be happening for a while but, where do you think the iPhone will be going first?

P.S. On a less serious note, doesn't Randall Stephenson's face look f*ckin hilarious? hahahaahah

2. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    for me, moving to AT&T was actually an improvement over Verizon!

3. cooper999

cooper999 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Hmm, i dont know about usa.
    But in canada its on two providers, and in a month or so it will be on a few more (bell,telus,ect..)

4. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Apple's first choice was actually Verizon, so I'm guessing that's where Apple's gonna strike first. Their 4G network is going live pretty soon (isn't it?), so yeah, it's a good choice. THey practically rules the area I live in. Call quality has always been awesome. Even if I had any control over what service I use, I'd stick with them. ... his face... *snickers*

5. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Yeah I always preferred Verizon but I currently have Altell (which isn't great but it's not bad price-wise). I always had problems with Verizon billing and unnessisary complications with my service, but the phone call quality was top-notch.

6. Giggity

Giggity Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Looking For Job
    USA
    U.S. Cellular!

>.<

7. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    I thought alltell got bought out by Verizon?....

Either way it's good for me, the iPhone has turned the cellular market upside down... When other carriers get the iphone AT&T will most likely drop some prices of their services....

I don't see Verizon gettin the iphone for 2 reasons...
    1. They severely cripple all their handsets
    2. Their phones are not GSM (Using a sim card)

If any carrier other then at&t gets it I would say T-mobile, but who knows... I got my iPhone I ain't complaining... But then again AT&T is great where I live! =)

8. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Here in LA the service are pretty much the same so we just choose what phones we want without the worry of bad service.

9. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    They did, and though I don't quite understand it 100%, there are still some stores around, just not many of them. Like I said, I have no idea why we still have one in Casa Grande, Arizona and there are still a couple in the Valley. I just don't see many of them at all.

*shrugs*

10. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Out here, Verizon is ranked #1 in customer satisfaction which I agree with. The phone works just about everywhere for me, and the customer service has been good. I have AT&T for my work mobile, and frankly, the reception and dropped calls is pretty terrible. I know this is all subjective and varies from location to location, but AT&T's service just isn't that good out here.

But I agree, Verizon cripples all their phones so they can charge you for GPS and Internet service so don't expect any wi-fi.

11. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    You are not the only one. My wife's mother has AT&T and it works great in the Valley area's here in AZ (Phoenix, Tempe, Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa). Unfortunately, in Central Arizona (Coolidge, Casa Grande, Eloy, Florence, Queen Creek) it is the worst thing you could ever have, and that's where we live. I have a couple Co-Workers who have it and complain about it non-stop. The thing is though, I have heard more complaints about AT&T everywhere... I can only think of a few random people who have had anything good to say about it. They might think it's alright but I have never heard much GOOD about it lmao.

Thus is the only reason I am happy they are leaving exclusive-ness. heh

12. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    Why are you thanking me? I didn't read the thread.

13. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    lol WAT