iPad Official TextTwist Launches...

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by 1337brian, Jan 22, 2009.

1. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    #1 1337brian, Jan 22, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
    http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=302579841&mt=8

I'll give my impressions in a minute...

Ok I found the most retarded bug? Or maybe it was intentional, not sure... When playing a standard Twist game, when you push a letter a Sally's salon ad shows up, or any one of their other games?! It is really freaking annoying, and I don't see how they thought is was a good idea if it was intentional. Now it doesn't do it on the basic puzzle, and that's the whole reason I bought the game was for the basic play... It is a really nice TT game with good sound effects and decent enough visuals. It does what it does and is Actual Text Twist. but if you like to play in twist mode I would say don't bother untill they quit with the horrible subliminal advertising... Pics in a sec...
    [Update] It's currently not on the app store, I'm assuming the bug fix will follow shortly...

2. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    wow.. the interface looks really cheap..

TEXTROPOLIS pawns TEXTTWIST!

3. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Here is a pic without pressing anything and then when you do press something...

Attached Files:

4. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    It's actually pretty nice, the graphics move in the BG as you play and the music is pretty chill...

5. carolynn7

carolynn7 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Reno, NV
    I have to agree with superbad. It does look cheap and boring. I like textropolis way better.

6. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Here's the review I left in Itunes... "1 star = What the heck?! It would be good if they didn't shove advertisements in your face when you play on twist mode... It's not even playable for me, and a waste of money right now... They better fix this or I will not change this review... DO NOT BUY THIS!"

7. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    sounds like you just TOFTT :D thanks!

8. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    Wewts :p

9. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Ads on a pay-for app... man, that's just nasty. I can understand a "more games" section you can click on, but DURING the game? Cheeky monkeys.

10. yankjenets

yankjenets Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Most likely a bug that they will fix very soon.

11. brighteyes74

brighteyes74 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Harrow , England
    that sucks, cant belive they would do that or it has not been tested lol

12. wswing

wswing Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Professor
    Holey dictionary (yeah, I said "holey")

I just got Texttwist today because I was a sick addict of the original on Yahoo Games. The game is moderately fun, but with no countdown the fear-for-your-life pressure just isn't there.

Anyway, was chugging along fine until I tried the word "gulp" - BEEEP, not in dictionary. OK, wtf I say.. but maaaaaybe "gulp" is too colloquial. So I try "plug" - BEEEEP! OMFG, I think (with a few more colorful words thrown in)... How in the hell is "plug" not in the dictionary?

That same puzzle got me with "ghoul" as well, and I was annoyed at no "orc" earlier. What is going on with this dictionary? Are they trying to simplify it too much or what. Textropolis may have some unbelievably obscure words, but I'd rather have that than missing obvious words.

Grrr.. Anyone have any better examples of obvious missing words??

13. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    I play a lot of word games and this is something I come across all the time. It only really bothers me if I am playing a timed game or a game where points are awarded on the time taken. I hate "losing" a level or game because legitimate words are not in the game dictionary. I don't have this game so I can't offer any examples of other words it is missing.

14. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    It's been pulled...

Looks like they finally pulled it, hopefully they re-release it with a bug fix soon... Hasn't even made me want to play, also how come they don't have a timed version for the basic puzzles??? Stupid....... Oh well, I will be happy with it as long as that horrid ad bug is fixed...

15. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    3 days now...

Ok it's been pulled for 3 days now, I think it's a pretty shady move on their part, so no one can see the bad reviews while they fix it... Either way once it comes back fixed or not, they will still have a bad review from me... Man this sucks, I really like Text Twist on PC... Oh well, I might pick up Textropolis at this point :(

16. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    I've noticed the return of TextTwist Turbo (it was pulled off the shelve briefly). Has anyone tried it since it's return? I'm wondering if they fixed the bugs, ads, etc and made it more playable. They knocked the price down to get people to try it again perhaps? Nothing in regards to any changes in their description but doubt they would add this to it. Sounds like they might be quietly trying to return this game to being marketable but will wait for comments or reviews before considering this game.

17. So far haven't encounted any words not in dictionary will definitely report it the more I play it though. I only recently bought this like a week ago or so. Therefore have no idea what it was like before the update. Sounds like it was a mess as they were trying to make an internet connection on startup. Anyway another polished game from RealArcade. For $1 it's hard to go wrong for such a polished word game title.