Official "KillTest" Trailer/Gameplay (LiveFire's new name)!!!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Vinny554, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    Agreed. Auto-fire isn't the only solution, and might not be the one I'd pick, but it's a perfectly good one. It makes the game very accessible to newbies, and yet the video clearly shows an experience that hard-core FPSers will find familiar and fun too.

BTW I don't see any jumping in the video--and that's A-OK with me! Bunnyhopping annoys me--even when I'm the one doing it! (And even though I'm used to it, it's very unrealistic. You don't see hopping as the key defensive move in a movie shootout!)

2. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    Jumping doesn't integrate very well into an iDevice game but in a game like this, I think it would work since it's auto-fire and a jump button would actually make it more difficult to be killed and would allow the person being attacked(if from behind) to jump, turn around and return the favor.

3. Adams Immersive

Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Ohio
    Yes, jumping has its tactical uses for sure--but strafe is a useful dodge too, and your enemies would share your "jumpless" disadvantage. It's not a big deal for me either way. (If I made an FPS I'd make jumping a game option you could toggle. On the one hand it's tradition/habit, and has well-known tactics that use it. On the other hand, it's fairly silly-looking, unrealistic, and one more thing to deal with in the UI.)

4. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    Yeah, that is true. I guess it would be a lot more work. I enjoy not being able to jump just as well but I'm kind of used to having it in FPS games on the console. But seeing as this is the iDevice and it would be hard to implement it in successfully, I won't complain too much.

5. kowalsk

kowalsk Active Member

May 10, 2009
    Have you been watching Family Guy?

6. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    I seriously cannot wait for this game. The video looks amazing, I just hope it isn't just online deathmatch and has SOME type of offline mode in there. It's only 1-2 months away from release!

7. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    #27 xVietx, Jun 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
    Yeah. It looks awesome. Gonna get it the moment I see it released.

8. AttackOfThePwned

AttackOfThePwned Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Photographer
    San Francisco, CA
    I would hope there would be an option for auto or manual fire. Seeing the auto fire actually turned me off this game. Also did anyone else notice when the soldiers are running around in view their legs fly around like rag dolls? Hope that is changed before final release.

9. Vinny554

Vinny554 Well-Known Member

Acutally its supposed to be released around the debut of iPhone OS 3.0 (june 18)

10. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    Seriously? Wow. That's great.

11. mlady

mlady Member

Apr 27, 2009
    such a shitty name :)

cool game thou

12. noah21c

noah21c Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    yep. that name sucks. I liked livefire

13. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    i have been looking for a game like this for a long time. a 1st person shooter is a must buy im my opinion

14. Adams Immersive

Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Ohio
    I don't know if you can turn auto fire OFF, but you CAN manually fire (important for leading shots, I would think) by tapping the crosshair. According to this:
    http://toucharcade.com/2009/06/12/first-person-shooter-livefire-becomes-killtest-and-new-trailer

That sounds slightly awkward (I don't really like the central fire button in Dark Hill), but at least a central fire button is reachable by whichever hand you like. I expect it will work fine. (Maybe even better than Dark Hill, since Dark Hill's button is low down, close to my thumbs and easy to touch by accident. The crosshair is probably harder to misfire. Although simply ignoring any finger-drags INTO the fire-spot would solve the problem too.)

15. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    Yeah. The manual fire is for stuff like rocket launchers and explosion type weapons that have a blast radius so if your enemy rounds a corner, you can fire it right where the corner is and possibly catch them still.

16. antonioj

antonioj Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Have you tried ifps after the update? It's awesome! I am using it to train for killtest when it's out, the controls are not the same, but similar.

17. Hobbes

Hobbes Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    I'm definetly gonna get this one..

BUT KILLTEST?!?

Ugh yuck.

18. Adams Immersive

Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Ohio
    Cool--I see now they've added "zone" controls to iFPS. That might do the trick! The Lite version will be updated too, I assume (apparently it's not yet).

19. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    Ehh. The controls are alright to me. Can't really get the hang of it. Did you mess with any of the settings or anything?

20. gmfrk189

gmfrk189 Active Member

Jan 13, 2009
    the game is gonna be great however do we really have to spend real money on getting seperate weapons and stuff? cause that would be a major turnoff for me