Official GameClub App (by GameClub)

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Boardumb, Oct 23, 2019.

1. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    I've bought Sword of fargoul legends many years ago.
    That is universal app and other one of what GameClub released.
    I've asked to the support and solved.
    Now it's available with no fee.

sugimulm likes this.
  2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I just wanted to stop in and say a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone involved in updating all of these games so quickly after their re-releases! You're all killin' it!
    THAAAAAAAAAANK YOOOOOOOOU!!!

3. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    I remember when Hail to the King: Deathbat first came out, it was a pretty big deal at the time. Besides my family, I live for heavy music and gaming, so I’m always excited when they both combine. I wasn’t a huge A7X fan, I had three albums but never found the time to stop and really listen to them. I remember metalcasket and (I think) Jared (or Eric) giving the game glowing praise, and I tried so hard to love it but I couldn’t. The first level seemed really hard and the game felt clunky and dated to me. I tried many times over the years but never played more than 15 mins or so.

Cut to the present day and I’ve finally found the time to sit & really listen to those albums and even buy four more. I’ve read the stories of each member and the history of the band. I’ve seen them live and it’s clear that each one of them bleed, breathe and live music... I do too. I’ve discovered that they’re not just a bunch of dudes who struck it lucky, they’re actually a band with some of the (well documented) most talented and gifted musicians of all time, I don’t know from where Synyster Gates pulls some of his seemingly totally random solos from and I don’t really care, because they’re genuinely amazing and they fit perfectly. And The Rev on drums... I had to watch a video slowed down to see how he did that ‘octopus’ thing... I thought he must’ve used a machine like Fear Factory do sometimes but nope.

I don’t even know where I’m going with all this. I guess it’s because GameClub bought the game back. In between first release and now I’d experienced almost a love affair with the band and suddenly when I fired the game up recently, everything focused and it all made sense. Yes, I still think the game is a little *clunky, but I ‘get’ it now. I see the bands vision and it really is quite beautiful, especially how they incorporate Jimmy. I can picture M. Shadows laughing his ass off about a piece of dialogue he added or the ridiculous size of his weapon. Does that mean it’s a game for fans only? I don’t know, but that’s what pushed me over the edge in the end. Bottom line is that it was a pure project born out of passion. The band injected themselves into this game and if you take a moment to look around, there are special surprises waiting everywhere for the keen eye and ear. I’m thankful I got a second chance at Deathbat, otherwise I would’ve missed out foREVer just because I didn’t understand it the first time. Whatever deal with the devil Eli has been doing to bring some of these games back, I genuinely appreciate.

*nothing a little controller support won’t fix ;)

P.s. I tried to find the Deathbat thread to post this but couldn’t.

4. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    This post makes me happy :) Deathbat was certainly a very polarizing game when it released. I just re-read through the comments section on the review and the Game of the Week posts and… yeesh. Glad you were able to give it another shot. It's been quite a trip playing through it again five years later, still love it to pieces.

Anyway, for you and anyone else who is wondering, the Deathbat thread is here: https://toucharcade.com/community/threads/hail-to-the-king-deathbat-by-avenged-sevenfold.245145/

As a PSA for anyone who might read this, some forum threads that weren't posted in for more than two years were moved to a special archived forum that isn't viewable to the public. I've been meaning to go through and un-archive all the game threads for GameClub games when I have some free time, but in the meantime if you're ever pretty darn sure a certain game had a discussion thread on the forums but you just can't find it, chances are it's archived so just shoot me a PM and I'll dig it out for you.

5. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm guessing EA wouldn't let these guys fix their games... Like DEAD SPACE

I miss their old premium games. Dead Space imo is one of the greatest games on iOS.

6. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @L.Lawliet now that would be sick to be able to play Dead Space again! It’s sad to see it under purchased items just sitting there, unable to play, left behind (with last update 7 years ago)

Attached Files:

L.Lawliet likes this.
  7. Stronsay

Stronsay Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    At last, a strategy game gets a GameClub restoration with Breach & Clear. Sort of turn based but with simultaneous combat. Ancient Appstore reviews complain of IAP which of course no longer exist. I hadn’t played this before, or for that matter 99% of GC content, as they were mostly before my tablet time, which makes for a great value subscription.

L.Lawliet likes this.
  8. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I know that feeling. I actually checked it in my purchased history as well. Somewhat hoping that it would magically work on ios13. That didn't happen... EA should give up these games so other people can have them / fix them. They just have a reputation for being a bad and greedy company so I'm not expecting to ever see Dead Space on ios again.

9. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Just finished Minisquadron. Loved it when it first came out and still love it now. I am so grateful that GC allows free access if you have previously paid for the original game. I have been able to redownload a handful of old games that were no longer accessible (Space Miner blast, Plunderland, iBlast Moki 2, Minigore, etc).

I hope they release Minisquadron Special Edition as well. Those games are so much fun!

10. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #50 syntheticvoid, Dec 12, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    Aralon: Sword And Shadow??!!??!!

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!

**edit

Oh yeah, Spider: The Secret Of Bryce Manor also got updated yesterday....
    =D

Have I told you all how much you FREAKING. ROCK. Again!?!?!
    =D

----I know that probably only 1 or 2 people will know what I'm talking about - but do any of you remember iDaTank??

hehe.....

I would sell my cousin's baby (my second cousin?) to be able to play that one again....
    =X
    Same goes for Space Tripper...

11. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    YEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!

Thanks SV a million time for mentioning/remembering me of my absolute all-time favorite shooter.

I also crave to play Warblade (by Edgar M. Vigdal) again!

PS: and Star Marine: Infinite Ammo by Glitchsoft

syntheticvoid likes this.
  12. Alex DeLargest

Alex DeLargest Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    My wishlist includes, God of Blades, the OG Robot Unicorn Attack (probably not possible, I know), the Glyder games, Sword & Poker, and Dungeon Raid.

vectorarchitekt likes this.
  13. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    I second God of Blades I miss playing that one

14. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Holy crap Space Tripper! Haven't thought about that amazing game in a long time.

syntheticvoid likes this.
  15. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Gameclub’s amazing! Never thought I’d be able to play King Cashing 2 again after my 6s on 9.3.3 and a few months after that my "small" iPad Pro on iOS 10.3.3 forced me to update (to 12 an 13 respectively) due to some weird errors. And it is even possible to play all games I’ve already paid for for free without having to subscribe to GC. One heck of a generous deal but alone because of that I gladly subscribed for those measly 5 bucks a month.

Hope GC will be able to revive Tiny Thief some day - Alas the game was even broken long before the iOS 11 64bit move iirc (if I‘m not mistaken with iOS 8 or 9). I adore the spiritual successor Love You To Bits but nonetheless would be great to be able to enjoy Tiny Thief again :)

16. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Does every single game suggestion submission using the official form get reviewed? It’s pointless to resubmit again after several months, right? I just assume you’re doing what you can. But if a game turns out to be an impossible grab, is there a way you can respond with a “sorry don’t get your hopes up on this one” kind of notification?

17. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    It’s kinda lame that I bought Legendary Wars (in 2011) and it’s not available for me for free, instead it’s a separate app for no reason of whatsoever

Plunderland, Chopper 2 work perfectly fine though

Hope same will be with Aralon

18. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #58 macplash, Mar 3, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    @Kenan2000 just contact guys from GameClub and they’ll figure it out. You won’t be first with similar issue.;)

———————-
    EDIT: information from their support page
    EDIT2: nevermind. Legendary wars is on their list that cannot be restored due to technical limitations. Didn’t know that.

Kenan2000 likes this.
  19. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Thanks, i messaged them, i showed them proof, now they made it work, works just fine :)

macplash likes this.
  20. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Noticed Polara now says GameClub as the dev. Hoping it’s come soon! Loved that game.