Official Car Jack Streets preview thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Paul@Tag, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Where has he ever said there will be multiple control schemes? That would take so much extra work, and also be very difficult to implement, unless the player has an option to configure the on-screen controls, but this would just be an alteration of the original. Watch the gameplay video...no accelerometer, and listen to the podcast, Paul says it was way too sensitive for controlling the cars...

Awesome! Submission still looking good for this week?

2. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
  3. Crimsonpaw

Crimsonpaw Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Unless something has changed, I have a PM saying that they're implementing three different control schemes and multiple camera angles. We'll see when it comes out though.

4. BadSanta

BadSanta Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Milan,Italy
    No pedestrian?

5. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    Any word on when this will be submitted?

6. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Look harder, there are some.

7. Gamingfun

Gamingfun Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    This game looks great in motion :cool: Thanks for the video!

8. darksoul

darksoul Active Member

Dec 6, 2008
    awesome video! i can't wait for this game to come out. will there be a lite version as well?

9. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    looks like payback and has a camera angle that isfurther away but I hope the camera angles will be closer.

Right now, it looks disappointing and not much better than Payback but I don't know much about the game.

I hope it's a lot more solid and the camera angles are closer.

10. hirschy75

hirschy75 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Ugh candy how can you say that? Hahaa.

To me it looks much better :)

11. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    I agree with her, It doesn't look great at all. I was hoping this was going to be a great game.

12. wonderva

wonderva Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Right now the game looks worse than Payback.

Hopefully it will still be a good game but right now it looks like an average game with possibly a control problem.

Maybe they should adapt to the camera angle of payback's

13. Gamingfun

Gamingfun Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    I think the art style of Car Jack Streets is better than Payback but naturally that's just my opinion. Seems like the driving handles better as well but that's just from watching not playing...

14. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    Why the hate?
    The graphics are supposed to be retro!
    Plus, gameplay is more important than graphics.

15. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    lol sorry! well, just a quick first opinion!

Someone said gameplay is the important thing and That's true. I do like nice graphics but gameplay is king.There does appear to be much more of a story and from what the description says it's supposed to be fun.

We shall see. :)

16. darksoul

darksoul Active Member

Dec 6, 2008
    well said. i don't care about the graphics as long as i enjoy playing this game

17. wonderva

wonderva Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Yeah, I don't think [from the videos] that CarJack will have a gameplay as fun as Payback.
    But we will have to see

18. CBraun53

CBraun53 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2008
    I agree. I am pretty excited for the game but the trailer didn't blow me away. I am not a huge fan of Payback because there is very little story and very little character to the protagonist. It looks like CJS will be better in both areas. The fact that there are cut scenes is already a huge improvement over Payback. I will still most likely buy this when it comes out, but I hope I am not disappointed like I was with Payback.

19. Crimsonpaw

Crimsonpaw Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    I would disagree there. I played all the way through Payback and it seemed just "meh" to me because the missions didn't seem varied in any way. This at least has different things to do other than going to a payphone to get the next mission. Plus Payback was broken into the multiple cities which didn't seem to work well, for me anyway.

I think CJS will offer more of the "GTA" type gameplay that I'm personally looking for.

20. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Wow, I'm surprised at the disappointment by some, especially Candy as you like just about every game :p, I just don't see how anyone can say Payback looks better than CJS....I mean Payback's graphics look like something from the late 90's...while CJS is deliberately being retro and "comic book" inspired, much more emphasis on overall presentation. Payback, in my opinion, is just horrible...there is no connection with the main character or anything that happens in the game.

Any word on submission date Paul?