Official Car Jack Streets preview thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Paul@Tag, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Holy crap I cannot believe the tantrum some of you are having over this game. It's Sunday, did you guys ever consider that maybe the developers don't work seven days a week?

2. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    But but but Paul was online Today 10:51 AM and he did not post anything.. why not?? We all want answers now!!!:mad:

3. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

Maybe he didn't have any answers? Maybe he browsed the forums on his phone, saw the thread, and has been investigating it? Maybe he has spent the day with his family and didn't have time to post? It's obvious the 0.1 release was a mistake, I really don't know what you guys are expecting him to post.

The game will be released when it's released.

4. hirschy75

hirschy75 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Chill, he was probably trying to figure out what's happening. Plus you guys are whining so much maybe he just didn't want to deal with you all lol

Trust me I'm sad it's not out to especailly since they have more riding on this then you guys but give it time

5. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

yea, i wouldnt even want to deal with us

6. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    It's easy to sit there and say be calm when you already have the game and can play whenever you want ;). Honestly I don't really even care when it is released or how long it takes, I just find this whole "release" such a fiasco and it really interests me how these events transpired.

7. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Not to throw fuel on the fire, but you wouldn't be hugging the internet if your game, the one hundreds, if not thousands of players are waiting for, was about to be released? I sure as hell would be.

Just my 2 cents.

8. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    i think this game is going to come out on saturday...... maybe wednesday of this week

9. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Or, how about this:

It's Sunday, did you guys ever consider getting friggin' lives?

Seriously.

It's just a goddamn game.

10. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Actually, Sunday is typically a day most normal people kick back and relax and do whatever the hell it is they want to do. So just because some of us are on the computer, doesn't mean we don't have 'lives'. I happen to live a very active life balancing being a senior in college and job, and now I have no life if I'm relaxing on a Sunday? k
    If you're not interested in the game, then get out. After all, it's just a goddamn game, right?

11. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

Generally speaking I spend Monday through Friday glued to my computer for my day job, then come home and sit in front of my computer most of the evening doing Touch Arcade and iPhone related blogging stuff... Assuming they're working the same crazy hours, I don't think it's a stretch at all to want to stay as close to completely unplugged as possible during the weekend to retain sanity. ;)

12. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    The game is already done though...I know they are working on the update, but that obviously isn't nearly as time consuming or intensive as the initial build. All I'm saying is an explanation would be nice...I'm sure tomorrow everything will be explained :)

13. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

No one but Apple can explain their ridiculous approval process and wait times.

14. eloquent

eloquent Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    it has been removed from the australian store again^^

15. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    im very anxious too!

16. Paul@Tag

Paul@Tag Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Finally!!!!!!

We have approval!!!

Car Jack Streets to launch globally tomorrow - Tuesday 28th April

Price will be $4.99 / £2.99 / €3.99

Tell all your friends... etc etc

Thanks for all your support on this thread. Its made the waiting far more enjoyable and I'm looking forward to sharing ideas with you all over in the new thread in terms of making the game even better through updates and eventually a sequel!

Thanks again
    Paul

PS Should see reviews very shortly. Will post all updates in new thread over on the released games forum.

17. stranger

stranger Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

Finally!!! Car Jack Streets approved by Apple... RELEASE DATE Tuesday 28th April PRICE $4.99 / £2.99 / €3.99

https://twitter.com/taggames

EDIT: Paul was faster than me :D
    Congras dudes, I can't wait until tomorrow!

18. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Those who got promo codes got it a day early :D

Will post my initial impressions later today.

19. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    So does this mean reviews and previews can come out now?

What does the icon look like?

20. crimson.

crimson. Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have one...
    In AMERICA.