Official Car Jack Streets preview thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Paul@Tag, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiny Omar

Tiny Omar Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    To Mr. Canadian. Hmmm.... I'm not sure what "HMV" is but if you'd like to know I own a recording studio and I produce records for a living. I have actual credits to my name and I'm a member of the National Academy (ever heard of the Grammy's?) What's your job, policing the touch arcade forums? How much you get for that?

T.O.

2. Paul@Tag

Paul@Tag Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Arf@FilthyCanadian that made me laugh... must be my sense of humour though, either that or its getting late ;-)

If fatigue is setting in then I'm afraid there is not much we can do about it. You might be getting a bit annoyed at the wait for a game but I'm getting scared about paying the mortgage! We would have released three weeks ago if it weren't for the decision to pull the app and tweak a few things based on important feedback, then we could have released at the start of this week if the app hadn't been rejected.

I know this kind of thing happens in the console gaming space all the time its just that with devs being more open these days and engaging in forums, twitter, blogs, facebook etc you have much more visability of the process.

Anyway I'm off to check my email... one of these days Apple will get in touch and then its all systems go for release!
    P

3. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Is the helicopter in the first build Paul?

4. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    To Mr High and Mighty.

HMV an international entertainment chain and the biggest one in Canada and the UK. I don't have any small pieces about me in my local paper, but I do have enough respect to not come in somewhere saying "As a ________ proffessional, "I" know __________". I think I must have struck a nerve there, because I have no idea how you would come up with the policing shot.

5. Tiny Omar

Mar 31, 2009
    Paul,

I'm more annoyed about the misinformation floating around than the wait on the game. :) It's looks like a fantastic title and as I said I will definitely be downloading the game when it is released. But from a marketing angle I am afraid the long wait will dampen some spirits. It's inevitable when you've got so much hype going. There's a backlash that's bound to happen when something is heavily marketed for too long. Tuesday release or not a successful launch is all about the timing. Last week I was checking the app store everyday. All the best to your team on what's bound to be one of the top touch games to come out so far, when it finally does.

T.O.

6. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    #1346 FilthyCanadian, Apr 25, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
    You'd better listen to him, he's a professional.

7. Tiny Omar

Mar 31, 2009
    Well, since you are the first to reply to just about every post madeby every noob on here, usually to call someone out for "breaking the rules" I figured it was a justified shot. And anyhow, I was just returning the favor, you took your shot at me first. Sorry, still never heard of that store, not from Canada after all.

T.O.

8. ringring

ringring Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    if so, CJS would be on sale now. :D

9. Tiny Omar

Mar 31, 2009
    By the way, pardon me for having a job. Perhaps if you put 15 years into a career you might also refer to yourself as a "professional". My basic point is that I have marketing experience working on albums and since there is so much speculation on a tuesday release I though it'd be nice to set the record straight. My facts are correct. If you do not believe me feel free to google it.

T.O.

10. thinkdontpray

thinkdontpray Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    LOL

albums come out on tuesday, so apple must approve apps in the same fashion!

thats the dumbest assumption i've ever heard.

also, a huge LOL at the fact that you need to be in the "industry" to know that most albums release on tuesday.

jesus christ

11. Paul@Tag

Paul@Tag Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    be nice people!

Anyway there is still one set of promo codes for all our existing iPhone games still up for grabs on our MySpace page. We launched MySpace yesterday and already have Tommy Lee, Madona, The Prodigy, Jenna Jameson and Bjork as friends... weird!

12. Tiny Omar

Mar 31, 2009
    Actually, my point is that apple doesn't release apps on tuesday, that's just for music. I also thought it to be a dumb assumption... The point about me working in the industry is a qualifier to back up that I do know what I'm talking about. Did you actually read my post? Perhaps you should double check?

T.O.

13. ringring

Apr 15, 2009
    awesome "friends" :D

14. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    Really Paul? Bjork is freaking cool to have as a friend and even though I am no fan of Tommy Lee, I think that's impressive for Tag Games.

Everyone, even the stars want to play Car Jack Streets! ;)

15. ringring

Apr 15, 2009
    cut the games for "TAG Music" and you can release on tuesdays :p

16. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Will you answer my question please. Is the helicopter in the first build?

17. Tiny Omar

Mar 31, 2009
    Paul,

I feel you on the mortgage pain. I'm just trying' to get by myself, do the family and house thing and once in a while kick back with a great game. I hope you're a millionaire by weeks end. Best of luck.

T.O.

18. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

ok well, hopefully the game will be pushed through just in time for next week, OR if apple is really feeling nice Sunday would be great! Well, im still gonna get it! >:l

19. crimson.

crimson. Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have one...
    In AMERICA.
    Is anyone ever gonna tell us if the helicopter will be in the first build???

20. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

lol, yea that question has been bouncing around for like 2 pages >:l